DRAFT CHAT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: DRAFT CHAT

[QUOTE]Brace,and butler,along with chung.the defense is looking better.OL is comeing up.we lost some 4th rounders though in that trade.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]here is some footage.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/04/video_a_look_at.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from diablo69. Show diablo69's posts

can someone get Rosie Colvin on the phone ? We still have an opening apparently.   

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]There's our LT of the future.
    Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE]

http://boston.stats.com/nfldraft/players.asp?id=116937

im not sure he is worth a 2nd,but who knows.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

im just wondering how his back will hold out.with surgey,and all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Vollmer is an all-upside type of pick. I would have thought they could have waited until the third. But I am happy with it.

He will at least be depth, but at best be something very special.

I liked day one. Aside from not taking an OLB, it is a solid group of players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I agree.like you i had wished for certain other players,but who knows these guys could shine.as for an OLB.we have pretty good depth on the team,but there could be a good sleeper in the third rd.if anything maybe jason taylor.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Sea Bass is 5th Round talent at best.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

This was a nice draft and BB kept us watching until the end.Chung though not my first choice as a Safety but he was productive in a pass happy league,Love Ron Brace he was the other guy on that BC line the one who stuffed the run,Darius Butler was the best Zone corner in the draft,and Scott Vollmer is just a raw huge OT played in a passing offense so he probably protects well,according to one of the talking heads his nickname is Sea Bass....I'm sure everyone was expecting all of the names floated around in the various columns,but remember every year BB has his own draft board and these are theguys he felt were worth drafting.Tomorrow should be gambling day in the third round they will have 3 picks,who they will take is a complete mystery to me.You all have the same information as I do and I'll bet you watched every minute of the first day hoping for the surprise pick,well the surprise pick was when Parcells picked White in the second round when he was clearly a third or fourth round talent,but like a wise man once said one mans trash another mans goldmine.The Red Sox played well and won 16-11...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Well, the Pats had the chance of getting Maualuga and Barwin.  Passed both of them up.  Bill passing on Maualuga three times spoke volumns.  Then I started thinking Clint Sintim and they didn't get the chance to look at him.  That said it was a nice first day.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from _008_. Show _008_'s posts

I am sure BB has been eyeing some good LBs in the mid to later rounds and decided to use the picks to address other areas. The man is a genius, solid picks so far. Chung is going to be a super star, just wait and see.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]Well, the Pats had the chance of getting Maualuga and Barwin.  Passed both of them up.  Bill passing on Maualuga three times spoke volumns.  Then I started thinking Clint Sintim and they didn't get the chance to look at him.  That said it was a nice first day.
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

with them not drafting a OLD it makes me think that the patriots are gonna sign jason taylor. they must feel they can take him from miami. reports were saying if taylor wasnt on miami before or by the draft that the pats would end up signing him. micheal johnson would be huge in the 3rd round though. I WANT JARED COOK

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

You hit the nail on the head. Maualuga was a pariah today. There are so many reasons why that are completely understandable.

Issues with range, intelligence, tackling (not hitting) ability and maturity.

I am geussing that NE is a lot more impressed with Crable and the platoon than we are. Remember he was a freak athlete coming out, and has a year of watching under his belt. So lets wait and see.

Plus there is always the possibility of Taylor coming to add a veteran presence.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]Damnit! this is the one thing I didnt want to see.
    Posted by jerh5[/QUOTE]What did you expect from Mangina? He will do anything to try and keep BB out of the playoffs,2years ago he turned Rat,Last year he threw the last game of the season when he saw his team had no chance,noww he has traded the rights to what might be the only thing missing from the Jets that might in the near future make them a viable contender.This is what consumes Mangina!! BB had a good draft for day one,2 DB's,one olineman,one Dlineman.....Ragi wouldn't have been as good as he was without Brace...I won't claim to know anything about Vollmer other than he played in a passing offense and he's big...As for Butler everyone thought he'd be our first or second pick in the draft depending on how the draft shook out,well he was our third pick so its all good.Chung was a highly rated Safety in College and he played in the Pass Happy Pac-10...3 picks early tomorrow in the third round,then I think we have a 4rth left and a sixth and a compensatory 6th and a seventh round pick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]Well, the Pats had the chance of getting Maualuga and Barwin.  Passed both of them up.  Bill passing on Maualuga three times spoke volumns.  Then I started thinking Clint Sintim and they didn't get the chance to look at him.  That said it was a nice first day.
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

Ah, thre's a reason why Rey went AFTER his 2 LB teammates did. Good to see some teams didn't read his national press clippings, not that the national media ever "coronates" a player once in a while (see: Tony Mandrich, Brian Bosworth, Tim Couch, et al). BB drafts smart, intelligent, and versitile players. Chung won't be a starter, but he'll be a heck or a nickel back and special teammer, and Butler has the tools to be a starter, seeing how disappointing Merriweather has been. Big names don't float BB's boat. Looks like other teams are catchign on, as Wells falls to Arizopna, Rey M drops into teh 2nd round, as did Everette Brown. If everyone will remember, BB took Vrabel when he was givedn up on. 

'Nuff said. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]with them not drafting a OLD it makes me think that the patriots are gonna sign jason taylor. they must feel they can take him from miami. reports were saying if taylor wasnt on miami before or by the draft that the pats would end up signing him. micheal johnson would be huge in the 3rd round though. I WANT JARED COOK
    Posted by BradyHasMoreRings[/QUOTE]

It could very well be.  But has anybody thought of the possibility of Thomas being the rushing OLB?  Crable could be the guy to cover?  Thomas is the solution to getting the pass rush back and the attitude of the draft proves that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]Crable could be the guy to cover?
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

Crable seems to be getting into the mix...as though he just got drafted.  As we know, he's a better resource for 2009, as he's been absorbing the system; the coach can make not of his progress.  So, it's just as exciting to see the guys with a year under their belts and not much (or none) playing time come back the following year.  After all, not many of this draft class will make contributions that will have an impact beyond a few plays.  (Mayo is an exception.)