Draft day 1 not a total disaster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Draft day 1 not a total disaster

Its okay guys, I dont know why everyones freaking out..  I mean we had every single possible piece of luck fall into our lap.  4 qb's taken in the first round, teams reaching for players, passing on the ones we love.. Everything going our way.. We have Cameron Jordan at 17, Prince Amukamara, Anthony Costanzo.   Its fine though.. we reached for the 3rd or 4th rated Tackle in the draft and traded our 28th for a late second this year and a 1st next year thats going to be worse off than 28 more than likely.  We did great.

I mean its fantastic because next year we will have enough picks to trade into the following year and so on and so on.  GUYS! This is fantastic!  Every single year for the rest of our lives we will have picks to trade to the following year!  I mean I know thats why I watch the draft... to watch teams trade picks, its the best.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from westga. Show westga's posts

Re: Draft day 1 not a total disaster

Built to make the playoffs, destined for early exits. No impact players equal limited sucess. The current drafting strategy seems flawed. If you set yourself up for a good draft, then trade away your postion of strength, what did you accomplish?  Nothing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

The last two reaches I recall the Pats making were named McCourty and Vollmer. If Solder was a reach, the Pats are lucky to have gotten him that late in the draft.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Darn it I forgot, Mankins was also a reach.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

the draft isnt about making picks that the fans will gleam about. its about making picks to better the football team. i think bb has done a preeeetty good job of that the last few years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

It is hard to imagine that the N.O. 1st rounder NEXT season will offer a better football player than Ingram.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Running backs aren't worth risking a first round pick on. Especially when you don't need one. On top of that I would thinlk you would be better off spending a first round pick on a three or four down player, not someone that will max out at less than 50% of the plays. Just not a good value. So yeah it probably will be a better player next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I'm kind of surprised you don't think the Patriots need a RB. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I just don't know how BB looks at Ingram sitting there and goes ...

"He may end up being a 1,500 yard rusher, but I don't think that guy can help us win games. I'd rather have another first round pick to trade away next year."

Remember what happened last time Brady had a 1,500 yard rusher, Bill?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Draft day 1 not a total disaster:
    [QUOTE]I'm kind of surprised you don't think the Patriots need a RB. 
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

A lot of good available RB's in the next round

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]I just don't know how BB looks at Ingram sitting there and goes ... "He may end up being a 1,500 yard rusher, but I don't think that guy can help us win games. I'd rather have another first round pick to trade away next year." Remember what happened last time Brady had a 1,500 yard rusher, Bill?
    Posted by jedinate[/QUOTE]

BJGE 1,008 yards
    Woody 547 (5.6 ave)

Only one or two teams use a single back, why spend a 1st rounder on a guy who will carry the ball 10-15 times a game in a draft that's deep with talent?

Sure we need to grab another guy to add youth and depth, maybe a guy for short yardage but you can get those guys into the 3rd to 6th round this season.

Daniel Thomas 6'0" 230 lbs 3rd rnd
    Alex Green Hawaii 6'0" 225 3rd rnd
    Kendall Hunter Oklahoma State 5'07" 199 (one of my favorite players in the draft) 3rd Rnd
    Jordan Todman UConn 5'09" 203 3rd rnd
    Bilal Powell Louisville 5'11" 207 4th rnd (I'll bang the table for this guy)
    Roy Helu Nebraska 6'0" 219 (4.40 40, but dances too much on the line, reminds me of Moron e) 5th rnd
    Stevan Ridley LSU 5'11" 225 5th rnd This is my pick, guy is a load and very good in pass protection.  had same 40 time as ingram but a much better 3 cone and shuttle time.  His production in 2010 is very good 1,147yrds 15 tds for a team that couldnt throw the ball, Ds stacked the line and he still go his in the SEC.
    Anthony Allen Georgia Tech 6'1" 228 reminds me of Blount last year except for all the off field issues.  Comes from GT, their O runs that 3 back wishbone type O.  he plays where a RB would be (meaning closer to the line) he explodes throw holes and moves the pile.

So I think Ingram although will be an excellent player value compared to what's available was not there.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]I'm NOT concerned about running backs...they will be able to get a decent one in rounds 3 through 6...I AM concerned about their defense, and if they at least do not TRY to get a edge rusher and younger and stronger on the DL, to hell with them...because without that extra pressure on the QB, they'll do well in the regular season and flame out in the playoffs like they have the last three times they've made it to the playoffs!
    Posted by jfaust1954[/QUOTE]

I agree, pass rush is a must now but at 17 with Kerrigan off the board there was no value there and I know Jordan was still there but with the number of DEs they have in the roster and the question at OT IMO OT trumps DE or OLB at that spot.

28 good trade IMO

Jabaal Sheard, this is what I posted last night in the draft thread:

I don't think they will pick anyone at 33, there's no value pick there IMO.

I believe they can trade to 45 or so and get their OLB.  Say San Fran for 45 and 76.  They will still get an OLB type.

33 SF - Kapernick QB
    34 Buf - Ayers OLB
    35 Cin - Dalton QB
    36 Den - M. Austin DT
    37 Cle - Torrey Smith WR
    38 Arz - Brooks Reed OLB
    39 Ten - Paea DT
    40 Dal - Jarvis Jenkins DT
    41 Was - Leshoure RB
    42 Tex - Aaron Williams CB/S
    43 Min - Bowers DE
    44 Det - Ras I Dowling
    45 NE - Jabaal Sheard/Justin Houston (if NE is convinced he's not as much of an idiot as his positive pot test at the combine says he is)

Sections
Shortcuts