Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned

Traded up TWICE in the first!

Took 2 guys fans WANTED!

Has anyone heard from Belichick? Is he missing? Kidnapped? Locked in a closet? Did he have a psychotic break?

Very concerned.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Re: Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned

In Response to Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned:
    Traded up TWICE in the first! Took 2 guys fans WANTED! Has anyone heard from Belichick? Is he missing? Kidnapped? Locked in a closet? Did he have a psychotic break? Very concerned.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

Have to admit, that was my initial reaction to the 2nd trade too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Traded up TWICE in the first! Took 2 guys fans WANTED! Has anyone heard from Belichick? Is he missing? Kidnapped? Locked in a closet? Did he have a psychotic break? Very concerned.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

+1.......Thanks for the laugh

Everybody is in a state of shock here....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Or maybe he's doing this and hoping the draft busts...so people can stop complaining about him trading back!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Posted by ma6dragon9

No kidding. 

It's really funny. 

I was totally expecting them to trade down, and try and grab a pass rusher in the next round of cutdowns like they do every season.

It's a wild and crazy draft. 

It would be great if they got even crazier and grabbed Jenkins tomorrow. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

Let's step up now and say what we mean. i loved both of the picks. I give BB an "A" for this draft....and...we have two more picks in the second round!!!!!!

Everyone else step up and put your opinion out in the open; don't wait to second guess later.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I think Jenkins would be a very good risk/reward pick in the 2nd. They got a few guys who should help them now, on that side of the ball. If Jenkins keeps it together, wow.

Here's an interesting article on Jenkins:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--cb-prospect-janoris-jenkins--personal-life-still-causes-concerns-with-nfl-teams.html

Seems, to me, for the past year, he's been pointed in the right direction. Now, some NFL money could change that VERY quickly, but I think, at this point, he'd be well worth the gamble.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

BB is still having a meltdown in the war room because he was hoping to trade the 2 2nd rounds picks to move back into the 1st round tonight and close out the draft for NE with 3 1st round picks. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Just goes to show . . . a lot of the conventional wisdom about BB is just plain wrong.  The guy simply tries to maximize the value of every draft. Sometimes that means trading down, but if the value is in trading up, he'll trade up.

I thought our needs were two edge front seven guys, two DBs, and a WR.  I really love where we're headed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

oh crap....the Mayans must've been right.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

OK, here is my opinion. I loved the two picks and I think Jones will be a force in another year after he gains some size and strength. AllPro multiple years also. As for Hightower I was shocked they went up for him because BB doesn't usually do that especially twice in the first round. But he is an immediate impact LB that can play inside or outside and wreak havoc right now.
    I give him an A+ and I suspect he will use one of those second round picks and trade the other for multiple picks. As for how it play out I am not sure but I suspect an inside OL will be picked up and beyond that whatever happens happens. I love the moves, good job by Pats.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Rookie wage scale is the answer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i have a different concern. if bb wants more picks next year, ww becomes his biggest bait

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Ok, just saw BB talking about the picks...looked well enough.

Was wearing a suit though...tie and all! Definitely odd. Can't quite tell if someone's holding a gun on him...the suit kind of seems like a cry for help.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned:
    i have a different concern. if bb wants more picks next year, ww becomes his biggest bait
    Posted by seattlepat70

im very disgusted of what wes has done.....i never thought of him as a diva receiver and thats why he was so easy to root for....but now i guess we see his true colors

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

dont get me wrong, i want him back on the team as much as anyone.....idk i just thought he was above doing something like this

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Awesome picks.  Very happy tonight.  Watched the draft with 2 of my friends who are Jets fans and they were irate about the Coples pick when they should have taken Ingram.  Tannenbaum is the worst GM.

Chandler Jones and Dont'a Hightower?  Yes please!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I think they've finally seen how the Giants have won their two rings...if the D is getting to the QB, any NFL caliber corner or safety can stay in coverage for 3 seconds.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned : how dare he want to get paid! he should pay the pats for the priviledge of wearing that uniform! after all it's not like the pats are ruthless and cheap or anything like that...
    Posted by JintsFan

9 mil aint chump change man...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned : not the issue at hand
    Posted by JintsFan

yes, i know all players want security............but alot of players get franchise tagged and accept it and use it as motivation for that season to earn a long term deal.....i know wes has more than earned the right to be locked up here for years to come, but considering his previous salaries.....9 mil for one year is a big raise

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned : yes because he was grossly underpaid...its not motivation at 31 with what he's done for the pats...they'd just franchise him again or get rid of him next year anyway...if pats let him walk they may regret it
    Posted by JintsFan

yes they may, but there is just as good of a chance that it wouldnt affect them negatively.....brady has won super bowls with troy brown, david patten, david givens and nearly went to a super bowl with receivers like reche caldwell and doug garbriel.....espescially with the acquisition of lloyd and a healthy gronk and hernandez, maybe the drop off wouldnt be that huge..i hope he comes back, but i wouldnt write the team off if he were to be on a different team come september

Sections
Shortcuts