Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Re: Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned

In Response to Re: Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned:
    In Response to Re: Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned : im very disgusted of what wes has done.....i never thought of him as a diva receiver and thats why he was so easy to root for....but now i guess we see his true colors
    Posted by redsoxfan94
    What is your definition of a Diva. Someone who comes back from a torn ACL quicker than anyone. Training his a$$ off, or maybee taking out linebackers twice his size on crackbacks. Wes has a great Patriots first attitude, he deserves his money. Is Mankins a Diva he held out. This is part of the process on the business side. BB feels that Welker had 96 receptions in 3 years prior to playing with Brady. That a big part of his production comes from playing with Tom. Would Gronk be a Beast playing for Cleveland or Seattle or Minnesota. Probably not, although he would still be effective. What happened to Branch Givens Patten and others after leaving Brady.A fair Deal will come just like Mankins got. If not move on and develop Edelman.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

With a little imagination doesn't Dont'a Hightower show a little resemblence to Willy McGinest?

Willy   - 6'5 270
    Dont'a - 6'5 266

Maybe a little wishful thing but . . .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Rookie wage scale is the answer.
    Posted by wozzy

Yep, plus he picked two guys that fit the Belichick mode, smart, multifunctional, good attitudes. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

With a little imagination doesn't Dont'a Hightower show a little resemblence to Willy McGinest? Willy   - 6'5 270 Dont'a - 6'5 266 Maybe a little wishful thing but . . .
    Posted by NCPatsFan1971

Except Hightower is 6'2 not 6'5 and I remember Big Willie running a 4.5 40, plus he was a DE not a MLB. Now Chandler Jones is a little more comparable at 6'5-6'6 266 pounds and still runs a 4-8.

Sadly there will never be another Willie Mac! All time post season sack leader by the way!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I'm very happy, I think the clock's ticking a little louder with BB/TB and he knew he had to grab the best help he could find now. Both of these guys will have a serious impact on this team this year.

Now......finish it off with a CB and Safety, the offense is already sick without Lloyd/Stallworth/Fells/Gonzalez..........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned:
    Traded up TWICE in the first! Took 2 guys fans WANTED! Has anyone heard from Belichick? Is he missing? Kidnapped? Locked in a closet? Did he have a psychotic break? Very concerned.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

How many times did you have to pinch yourself before you realized this was not a dream!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In Response to Re: Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned : Except Hightower is 6'2 not 6'5 and I remember Big Willie running a 4.5 40, plus he was a DE not a MLB. Now Chandler Jones is a little more comparable at 6'5-6'6 266 pounds and still runs a 4-8. Sadly there will never be another Willie Mac! All time post season sack leader by the way!!!!
    Posted by TrueChamp

Picked up a wrong stat on Hightowers Height.  But we might be splitting hairs on Mcginest's position because he is also listed as an outside linebacker.  I've seen him listed as a DE and LB. Also, I understand that there is a difference between an OLB and an ILB but under a Belichick team isn't there a lot of mixing anyway?  

Mcginest had both game and style though.  I'll never forget the time he sacked Manning on about the 1 Yard Line with no time left for a Pat's Win in Indy.  That was awesome.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

It wouldn't shock me to see Mallett traded today for future assets, either in this draft or next year, or both.

Not expecting it, but wouldn't be shocked, especially because BB loves the flexibility that having extra picks creates--flexibility that we saw put into action on Thursday night.

For God's sake, you had Cleveland selecting a 28-year old QB in the first round last night--that's how desperate some teams are becoming in this QB-driven league.

Mallett is an asset right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to "Re: Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned":
    In Response to Re: Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned : Picked up a wrong stat on Hightowers Height.  But we might be splitting hairs on Mcginest's position because he is also listed as an outside linebacker.  I've seen him listed as a DE and LB. Also, I understand that there is a difference between an OLB and an ILB but under a Belichick team isn't there a lot of mixing anyway?   Mcginest had both game and style though.  I'll never forget the time he sacked Manning on about the 1 Yard Line with no time left for a Pat's Win in Indy.  That was awesome.   Posted by NCPatsFan1971
    Willie Mac was an OLB when he was drafted, Pete Carroll asked him to put on weight and play end which nearly ended his career by destroying his back. BB came in and put him back at his natural position.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

It wouldn't shock me to see Mallett traded today for future assets, either in this draft or next year, or both. Not expecting it, but wouldn't be shocked, especially because BB loves the flexibility that having extra picks creates--flexibility that we saw put into action on Thursday night. For God's sake, you had Cleveland selecting a 28-year old QB in the first round last night--that's how desperate some teams are becoming in this QB-driven league. Mallett is an asset right now.
    Posted by hardright

Yeah, I don't know about that Cleveland pick, he will be 29 a month into the season. He has to be ready to play right now and has a very short window. Wouldn't have used anything higher than a 3rd on the guy

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to "Re: Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned": Willie Mac was an OLB when he was drafted, Pete Carroll asked him to put on weight and play end which nearly ended his career by destroying his back. BB came in and put him back at his natural position.
    Posted by wozzy

Thanks Wozzy.  I thought he was a LB and I guess he was both a LB and an End depending on the time period.

You mentioned Pete Carroll and that reminded me that "I AM JACKED AND PUMPED" about these first two picks.   LOL

Sections
Shortcuts