Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned

so far so good baby! 

can't wait to see what BB does tomorrow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

First off, an outstanding first round draft by BB and NE.

Now...
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned : 9 mil aint chump change man...
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]
    First of all Wes outperformed his last contract. That deserves to be mentioned and figured in his next contract.

Second...  Sure the 9 mil is great but he will be playing without any future protection.  What if he get injured this season, he has no contract to save him.  If Wes wants more then 3 years then give the man 4.  Have the contract loaded the first three years if it makes NE feel better and easier to get rid of him in year 4 if they want.  The man deserves a good contract, let get him signed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I agree Wes could be traded for 2013 picks. I know he has to sign his tag to be traded but the Patriots could get him to do that by telling him they have a deal that moves him and he could do a sign and trade so he gets a longterm deal elsewhere.
    I would like to keep him but the Patriots have plenty or guys to take his place with Gonzales, Edelman and even Hernandes all capable of being very good slot receivers. 
    As for Wes not being treated well... give me a break he is a slot not an X wr like Calvin Johnson or Lloyd etc. so he is not worth one dime over 8 million a year. I still say offer him a 3 year deal worth 24 million 18 guaranteed. Take it or leave it. he would be 24 if he played it out and able to cashin with one or two more deals depending on his health and production.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned:
    [QUOTE]Traded up TWICE in the first! Took 2 guys fans WANTED! Has anyone heard from Belichick? Is he missing? Kidnapped? Locked in a closet? Did he have a psychotic break? Very concerned.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

the break he shoulda had before last years draft

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned : No kidding.  It's really funny.  I was totally expecting them to trade down, and try and grab a pass rusher in the next round of cutdowns like they do every season. It's a wild and crazy draft.  It would be great if they got even crazier and grabbed Jenkins tomorrow. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

hell yeah! and jeffery too! (or other huge outside wr quick,etc)

by the way z,
    where you been al thes months.
    were you mourning the lsu loss?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Let's step up now and say what we mean. i loved both of the picks. I give BB an "A" for this draft....and...we have two more picks in the second round!!!!!! Everyone else step up and put your opinion out in the open; don't wait to second guess later.

donta was one of my original players on my board.
    jones never made it to my board.
    think bb and mayock see his potential more than what he is.

where the board was, i dont knwo id have made either pick

glad as hell bb finally went aggressive and in frint 7.

shoulda done this last year.

hapy wiht what we got.

we will be better.

especaily if we get jenkins or anothre supririse shut down corner tomorrow

and big outside wr

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I think Jenkins would be a very good risk/reward pick in the 2nd. They got a few guys who should help them now, on that side of the ball. If Jenkins keeps it together, wow. Here's an interesting article on Jenkins: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--cb-prospect-janoris-jenkins--personal-life-still-causes-concerns-with-nfl-teams.html Seems, to me, for the past year, he's been pointed in the right direction. Now, some NFL money could change that VERY quickly, but I think, at this point, he'd be well worth the gamble.

"Seems, to me, for the past year, he's been pointed in the right direction."

exactly.
    and those that hate him on this borad have been ssaying the opposite (without merit) about the past year to this moment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]BB is still having a meltdown in the war room because he was hoping to trade the 2 2nd rounds picks to move back into the 1st round tonight and close out the draft for NE with 3 1st round picks. 
    Posted by agill1970[/QUOTE]

now that's funny!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Just goes to show . . . a lot of the conventional wisdom about BB is just plain wrong.  The guy simply tries to maximize the value of every draft. Sometimes that means trading down, but if the value is in trading up, he'll trade up. I thought our needs were two edge front seven guys, two DBs, and a WR.  I really love where we're headed.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

just goes to show he got a littl emore flexible in his perspective.... and more wise

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]oh crap....the Mayans must've been right.

love it! :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Ok, just saw BB talking about the picks...looked well enough. Was wearing a suit though...tie and all! Definitely odd. Can't quite tell if someone's holding a gun on him...the suit kind of seems like a cry for help.

where did you see it?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Like the moves/picks in the 1st round.  BB has really addressed the D this off season. 

Keep hearing reports that McCourty will be playing a lot of safety this year.  May impact what BB does in 2nd round.  Regardless, I'd like to see some help in the secondary, preferably at the safety position

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Like the moves/picks in the 1st round.  BB has really addressed the D this off season.  Keep hearing reports that McCourty will be playing a lot of safety this year.  May impact what BB does in 2nd round.  Regardless, I'd like to see some help in the secondary, preferably at the safety position
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

wht i wanted was to move devin to safety.
    he clearly had better skills for it than cb lzst year.
    given this i dont think they go safety. maybe a hybrid

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned : where did you see it?
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

I was watching Sports Tonight on CSNNE and they showed part of his press conference as it was on live. Sadly, NOBODY seemed to be carrying the conference itself. That was a disappointment. I'd have much rather watched BB talk about the picks than Felger and Dave Goucher twist the Bruins knife sticking out of my chest and talk about what they need to do going forward.

BB is more open during those kinds of conferences than anything during the season. He was giving honest assessments of the players (which I love hearing), and deflecting a few of the predictable, "why now" questions. Something to the effect of "the cost of moving up to where we wanted to get these guys was acceptable where, maybe in years past the value just wasn't there. If it wasn't there this year, we would've done something different." Hahaha. Classic.

He did Mention that when they made the first trade, they did want BOTH Jones and Hightower, but figured going Jones first lended them a better chance to get both. Once again, shows his mastery of navigating a draft.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Congrats and I've Starbuck and iHop gift cards for you both

Chad Ochocinco

***Ochocinco has already started with them....lol****

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

I'd go with that big DT first.  A lesser corner or safety at the end of the second would suit me.  Time to make the front 7 the beast of the D.  WR is for next year.  Make this an entire D draft.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

[QUOTE]Rookie wage scale is the answer.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Woz I agree on that but the rookie pay wage only makes a big difference for the first 15 draft picks. Really BB was in position to do the same thing in previous years in the 18-32 range and the $ would not have been different. I guess he really didnt see the value in those players in the past to trade up for. I'm going to not try to over think this one. I am wondering, although happy with the pick, which teams were interesting in taking CJ between the 21th and 27th picks that BB felt a need to move up so badly. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

[QUOTE]I'd go with that big DT first.  A lesser corner or safety at the end of the second would suit me.  Time to make the front 7 the beast of the D.  WR is for next year.  Make this an entire D draft.
    Posted by fl+adam,[/QUOTE]

I can't agree MORE! #Still/Worthy/Reyes/Wolfe

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned : Woz I agree on that but the rookie pay wage only makes a big difference for the first 15 draft picks. Really BB was in position to do the same thing in previous years in the 18-32 range and the $ would not have been different. I guess he really didnt see the value in those players in the past to trade up for. I'm going to not try to over think this one. I am wondering, although happy with the pick, which teams were interesting in taking CJ between the 21th and 27th picks that BB felt a need to move up so badly. 
    Posted by PuPirate[/QUOTE]

Risk has been minimized regarding rookies, they don't cost what they used to. As far as CJ goes, there were probably very few OLB's left on BB's board, he didn't have as many roster spots to fill as he did draft picks so it makes sense to package and move up.  Anyone we don't sign goes to the practice squad and becomes the property of another team or a wasted pick.  In short when your team is this good there are fewer jobs to be had...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to "Re: Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned : I can't agree MORE! #Still/Worthy/Reyes/Wolfe Posted by PuPirate[/QUOTE] Agree! If we somehow get still or Reyes this draft goes down as an A+ I love that BB moved up to get his guys! very exciting time

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned": Agree! If we somehow get still or Reyes this draft goes down as an A+ I love that BB moved up to get his guys! very exciting time
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Your avatar made me realize something...

Can you imagine the size of their next ring, trying to fit FOUR little Lombardi's in there?

BB took all that interest he's been gaining the past ten years and cashed it in! Money well spent, years past have now been worth the occassional aggravation.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned : how dare he want to get paid! he should pay the pats for the priviledge of wearing that uniform! after all it's not like the pats are ruthless and cheap or anything like that...
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

So since everyone says the Giants and pats have exactly the same draft and player management styles then I guess your Giants are ruthless and cheap. Nice of you to admit it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Draft: I was happy...but now I'm concerned": Agree! If we somehow get still or Reyes this draft goes down as an A+ I love that BB moved up to get his guys! very exciting time
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

I would add Wolfe to that too. He can play the 3-4 DE and still get after the QB. He looks like a better Mike Wright without the concussions.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

the elephant in the room got a little smaller