DRAFT PICKS AND SUSPENSIONS FOR FAKING INJURIES

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

DRAFT PICKS AND SUSPENSIONS FOR FAKING INJURIES

The NFL sent a memo Wednesday to all 32 teams warning of fines, suspensions and loss of draft picks if the league determines players faked injuries during a game. Yet several players admit it's an accepted practice, and some coaches hinted they are not above condoning phony injuries if it provides a competitive edge.

"I've been places where it has been (taught)," said Browns linebacker Scott Fujita, a member of the players' union executive committee. "They have a name for it and I've been places where it's been pre-called. I've been places where it's one player who has been designated. Maybe I'm getting everyone in trouble, but I'm just being honest."

While calling it "real bush league" -- no pun intended -- Dolphins running back Reggie Bushsaid a coach "just designates a guy who fakes an injury. It's usually not a captain of the team. It's a guy who's expendable."

espn reporting

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

Re: NEW THREAT BY NFL FOR FAKING INJURIES

not surprised but I just wonder what the NFL offices would have done if it were the Pats that were flopping to the ground and not the Giants.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: NEW THREAT BY NFL FOR FAKING INJURIES

In Response to Re: NEW THREAT BY NFL FOR FAKING INJURIES:
    not surprised but I just wonder what the NFL offices would have done if it were the Pats that were flopping to the ground and not the Giants.
    Posted by Harleyroadking-11

Any one else remember the Giants doing that in SB 42?  I think they did it at least twice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: DRAFT PICKS AND SUSPENSIONS FOR FAKING INJURIES

So the Giants will lose all of their draft picks in 2012?  LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

If everyone does it I'm sure the Pats do it too. In basketball everyone flops. In soccer, the ability to fake an injury seems to be as important as the ability to pass or shoot. To cover themselves teams will place their designated fakers on the injury report if they are not allready doing it. I like the idea that says an injured player can't come back on the field for a certain number of plays unless the team gives up a timeout.  
     The Rams actually outpalyed the Giants for much of that game but Cadillac Williams might be the laziest football player I have ever seen. Even after seeing the Giants go after the ball on the backwards lateral he did not even try to go after the ball or try to stop the Giants from trying to pick up the fumble.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

bart scott faked injuries in the pats playoff loss last year- remember that jerk standing on the sideline with a big smile on his face when a trainer pretended to work on a cramp

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

If you are caught faking an injury a large man with a hammer comes to your house and gives you an injury that approximates the one you were faking.  Looked like a broken leg to me on the Giants.  Problem solved.

Sections
Shortcuts