Draft Redo by Don Banks of SI - 3 Pats in First Round

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Draft Redo by Don Banks of SI - 3 Pats in First Round

I don't see how Blount is better than McCourty or Hernandez. Where does the Pats 2nd leading tackler(Spikes) go ? Mid-2nd round. Once again Belichick is playing chess when all the other GMs are playing checkers....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

At Least he has a few Pats there but I can't believe you'd leave McCourty out of the top 10. Pretty much every team in the league could use a shut down corner of that caliber. I'm a little bised of course but I'd have McCourty in the top 5.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

He calls McCourty a top 10 talent. I think that's fair. He just says that other teams had specific needs, like QB, DT etc. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I kinda had to laugh at it....pretty much a waiste of time...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Rick Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News did the same thing a few weeks ago

http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/nwsltr/sports/fromthe50/stories/120910dnspoinsidenfl.2cb2465.html

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

3 guys i picked in my mocks! Blount, veldheer and hernandez!  Blount even went undrafted!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

Who would have the Pats taken if they kept Oakland's #8 pick that year instead of making it a 2011 draft choice?

If they were looking for that DE/OLB spot most think they still need the top rated players were:

Brandon Graham
    Jason Pierre-Paul
    Dereck Morgan

Looks like the Pats will still be better off getting Oakland's pick this year at #12-16 than taking one of those players for the 3-4 D.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Devin McCourty redone @ #15 in Rd 1, Aaron Hernandez redone @ #21 in Rd 1, and finally Rob Gronkowski redone @ #27 in Rd 1...all good news.  And it'd be good stuff, even great stuff imo...IF I wasn't so insulted to the point of disgust. 

YOU, Don Banks...You are telling ME that Brandon Spikes is NOT, and Did Not make it to realistically the very bottom 2 or 3 spots of Round Number 1
    ?!?  #30, #31, or #32=Brandon Spikes desreves be here...  Here Don, this here's your Selection Choice at First Round Spot #31... 
    Here's your pick and analysis you gave on your Re-Do 2010 Draft:
    "#31: ANTHONY DAVIS, OT, RUTGERS
    'While Davis hasn't been dominant as a rookie for the 49ers, he has started all season at right tackle and shown improvement as his experience deepens. Colts president Bill Polian recently admitted he should have gone for offensive tackle help in the first round, rather than select Hughes, who has barely made the field
    .'"

There ya go...RIGHT Offensive Tackle currently turning heads by playing below even average football on a below average team...yup. 

~~~~
    Hmmm, would I rather have that, orrrr now a 6 foot 2, 250 pound smash-mouth Inside Linebacker.  One whom, even though his first area of business is when on oppossing team's running plays, and seeing as NE deploys a 3-4 D, Spikes #1 job is to go head-to-freakin'-head with the even extra now, Offensive Lineman coming at the NE Linebackers, In order so that his good pal, the smaller but awesome tackling, weakside inside linebacker, in Jerod Mayo, is free to get a completely and totally unhindered open look to tackle the oppositions runningback easily...  He does this...unbelievably well. 
    ~~~~     
         I mean, Brandon Spikes has the size, speed, freak instincts, and total fearlessness to: Read the offensive play before anyone, I'm talking instantly; Then-Have the speed to run towards exactly where it's heading before the other neccessary linebackers get there; Now, Brandon Spikes can finally get the award coming to him for doin' such a good job...Spikes's Reward: Smash head to head into at least one (always), but half the time there might be two-6'4-6'6 330-350lb drooling mamouth O-Lineman, who's soul purpose on planet earth, is to not look stupid & meager by having a smaller LB jack you & a buddy up right @ the LOS. 
         So, there's Brandon Spikes's final reward: Read as if by divination, then sprint as fast as he can to get precisely up to the line of scrimmage, then smash into a monster, then 50% of the time-smash into his buddy twin monster...  But here's the good part: Brandon Spikes simply HAS to do that other stuff.  The stuff I just outlined is the daily & dutiful necessary job REQUIREMENT.  The Good Part is the NON-required part...This is the part that is only a "Ya know, It would be great IF you could also do from time to time"-Part of the SILB Job...Coach: "It ALSO would be good, IF after you did all that other stuff, you could maybe try to get a hand on the ball carrier-slow 'em down, even tackle him once in a great while. I mean, we ain't makin' ya do THIS too.  No way, just the divination lightning sprint face first smash into the guy, well-guys whom are 2-4 inches taller always (cough) and a mere (cough, cough, cough) 100poundsormorebiggerthanya (cough)...".  
         Yet Brandon Spikes DOES...He does all the other stuff freakin' fantastic, but for a strongside inside 3-4 linebacker, he's good at tackling the runningback too (as a 3-4 SILB? Already exceptionally above-average even in doing the non-essential part here AFTER he superbly does the parts he's gotta do): Brandon Spikes totals this year as a STRONGside ILB (this here's the "other stuff" stats)- 36 Tackles, 23 Assists, 3 Passes Defensed, and 1 INT. 

RE-DO             
    #30: BRANDON SPIKES, ILB, FLORIDA UNIVERSITY 

We're done here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

In Response to Re: Draft Redo by Don Banks of SI - 3 Pats in First Round:
    [QUOTE]Brandon Spikes has the size, speed, freak instincts, and total fearlessness
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Did you say "speed". I just re-read it and you dd say speed. Spikes and speed. Hahahahhahaa

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Draft Redo by Don Banks of SI - 3 Pats in First Round:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Draft Redo by Don Banks of SI - 3 Pats in First Round : Did you say "speed". I just re-read it and you dd say speed. Spikes and speed. Hahahahhahaa
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

Glad you got the overall important points here, that's what matters most.

Krikees, I need some speed...all I got is a pill'a day of the very least addictive of ADHD drugs called Vyvanse.  Yup, that and a minor anti-depressant.  Nuthin else, ZERO drugs for at least 3 or 4 years, shoot-I ain't even had a single drop of beer or any booze at all in freakin' 6 years...  For just under a decade in my 20's, there was a time I was snorting street oxycotin & coped Ritalin, prescribed ya know 7 or 8 psych meds (well under 9 though), oh-Valium too (but I mean never was a day I used over 3 of 'em, no way, uh-uh), and finally I was drinking (no NOT during the day, sheez whadda my a lush...just at night 12 pack a night...every night, 10-12)...yea, also I'm just gonna add here once or twice a month, a lil' blow (not EVERY single month!). 
         AND THE Costly CONSEQUENCES Of All This Was
         Back then I was sane, sociable, clear headed (except *cough, very late at night), working 2 jobs where the boss's liked me very well and the fellow employees liked me very well too), working out every single day, and a very avid & thorough daily reader of good philosophy, psychology, and literary classics...
         So now I'm off everything And THE Costly CONSEQUENCES Of All This Is:
         I'm TOTALLY spaced out (I drifted off right then and had to come back half an hour later so I can buckle down & try to finish up here, NO promises), I'm Up for hours then Asleep for hours (it's measured better in days, maybe a week...so not week(s)), I don't read at all-I don't really enjoy even reading street signs (too long), I'm Lazy (yesterday I needed a day's break after shaving just half of my face), and finally, I'm quickly getting crazier & more paranoid each and every single day...Oh, I'm pretty violent now too (but jesus, you'd be violent too If The FBI was wire taping your phones and every room of your condo while the small birds outside were in unision within their attempts to chirp & caw cryptic evil spells directed towards your, and only your death. Sheez, having to deal with this type of sh#t on a daily basis makes me so angry that I simply HAVE to act...so yesterday I did, yup I ripped my alarm clock right outta it's socket and threw it through my bay window; That there's an example j#rks, THAT is the type a' stuff that the finches and feds WILL be gettin' if their bs escalates any further)...        

Sections
Shortcuts