draft rumblings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

draft rumblings

-hear the Jets are trying to move up into top 5 (Watkins) and if they cannot, top 10 (Beckham)

-in news related to Mallett, hear the Bucs are listening on Glennon with the going rate a #2

-hard to believe, but many here think Bortles slides and slides, with both Bortles and Teddy B available to the Browns at #26, and they take Teddy B. makes Bortles to the Texans using Pats pick interesting. 

-if the Texans do draft a QB, or trade for Mallett...whatever they do, will they start the season with Ryan Fitz as the starter? talk about a 4-12 season

-everyone I discuss the draft with, starts with "don't believe anything you hear"...but apparently there are more and more players the Pats don't like than they like...these "deep drafts" seem to get shallow the closer the draft time arrives

-seemingly there will be 6-7 OL drafted and 4-6 WR drafted before #29. assuming Clowney, Mack, Manziel, Donald, Ebron are all selected as well...Pats should have numerous options at DL/OLB with #29. 

-saw Chancellor had hip surgery, yet the Seahawks still walked on Browner....hhhmmmm??

-far fetched thought. Rams draft a QB with either #2 or #13. Next year they walk on Bradford. Pats have strong interest next year in Bradford

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: draft rumblings

The far-fetched statement is interesting. Rams have to compete with the rest of the NFC West so they have to have a successful draft and with the picks they have they can manuver up or down.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Interesting.  I would welcome the Jets to sell their draft for 1 WR.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

-everyone I discuss the draft with, starts with "don't believe anything you hear"...but apparently there are more and more players the Pats don't like than they like...these "deep drafts" seem to get shallow the closer the draft time arrives

[object HTMLDivElement]

And it begins. As I've been saying, deep draft yes but deep with high talent, not as much. The Pats need talent and solid starters aren't good enough in the 2-3 rounds to trade back into. Guarantee either the Pats move up or into next year if possible, and those who said that this is a draft to clean up in the mid rounds will then turn around and say, well I guess the Pats didn't like the draft and it was weak anyways.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Per usual....good stuff. Thanks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

rkarp's rumor mill.  Thanks for updating us.  Much appreciated!

Reinforces my belief that the QB stock will drop.  It just made a lot of sense.  The other reinforcement is if the Pats likely hold on to that #29 spot with DT and DE available.  If they do trade out they can't drop too far.  The trade would have to be with the right team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Heard from many places that the Pats are NOT interested in Ra'shede Hageman. Unlike many mocks. 

"I swear it upon Zues the most exceptional runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler"  Socrates

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Be interesting to see what this board looks like Saturday right after the draft concludes. If nothing else it makes for some very interesting and revealing reading.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Just say no to Bradford.  He's carson Palmeresque.  He's brittle and please don't come here. I feel the browns have hoyer and their second pick won't be used on a qb. It's Oline or trade bait. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

rkarp- I appreciate the info as always. Have you heard any rumblings about the draft being so late and a possible decision by the league return to late April?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I dont know anything about the timing of the draft.

I do think ESPN has been involved with regards to when is the most opportune time to broadcast the draft and I do believe that the NFL in wanting to be a 12 month in your face entity, wanted some "noise" in May.

Wouldnt surprise me if the show goes on the road with Boston being the first stop

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

-saw Chancellor had hip surgery, yet the Seahawks still walked on Browner....hhhmmmm??

They play different positions?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They play different positions?

RKARP - what are you implying when you mention that the Seakhawks walked on Browner ? Do you think we have overrated Browner ? Or is something else going on we don't know about?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

The Pats draft board is always one of the more "unusual" draft boards in the NFL.....so just because the draft is limited in top players for the Pats doesn't necessarily mean it lacks top players for the majority of other teams. Also, they are one of the top 4 teams in the NFL based on their record last year so to have real impact on the team's performance mean they would normally have to trade down within the top 15 players to score a good one who could start and make an impact...they still have that option, no?

Every pro football professional currently working for teams today I have heard speaking about the depth of this draft says it's the deepest in years...I'll take their word for it as opposed to the armchair GM's here on these threads...they all are not lying right now...that makes no sense and takes the misinformation process to all new ridiculous levels is it were actually true....if it's about a particular player or players, yes, but about 240  or more players, no way.

I can see the anti-BB as GM forces starting to get their ammo at the ready...good hunting guys, I'm sure he'll give everyone a little cream on the top because he always does.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I dont know anything about the timing of the draft.

I do think ESPN has been involved with regards to when is the most opportune time to broadcast the draft and I do believe that the NFL in wanting to be a 12 month in your face entity, wanted some "noise" in May.

Wouldnt surprise me if the show goes on the road with Boston being the first stop

Thank you. I certainly agree that the league wants to be a 12 months a year entity. I'd love to see the draft here in Boston at some point.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

What usually happens is the days after the draft we start to hear...this draft wasn't as deep as reported...I think that will happen again this year. Aside from the receiver position, I don't think there is a lot of top end talent...guys who we usually see drafted in the second round will be getting drafted in the first...that should have a trickle down effect.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Love the speculation. I personally think the Pats are about as talented as any team in the league on defense and should be a top 5 offense as usual. I don't think we need "top end talent" but the right mix of players willing to put the team first and do their job. I think the 29 hole is a perfect set up to get solid players without spending big money on "unknowns".

Would it be nice to draft a Watkins or Clowney in the top 10? Sure, but only teams who suck year in and year out get that type of "talent" and half the time those player don't live up to their draft status. I believe BB will trade out of the 1st round and he should if the right player doesn't fall. 

On a side note, I don't think it would be that far fetched for the rams to draft a Bradford replacement. What has he done to deserve his job and his 50 million dollar deal?

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sections
Shortcuts