Draft thoughts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Re: Draft thoughts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There can be no doubt where the Pats think we lost the AFC Championship game...the interior O line...they are looking to make changes and solidify the O Line for the next several years to ease the transition from Mankins when his contract is up, in case Vollmer's leg is still a mess and if Cannon votes with his feet and leaves after his contract is up.

TE is a major problem right now.....Once Gronk left Hoo-man and Willaims could not get it done...unless Joe Don Looney Duncan can produce a miracle we are in deep trouble here...something has to be done with this position - maybe they'll pick someone up off the waiver wire during camp or the end of camp.

Easley, if his knees hold up, will be a revelation. If not, we still have depth on the D line if the boys are healthy enough to produce and stay on the field. Failing a good report from the docs and utility from the vets, we're in big trouble here and may not win the division.

LB is thin, thin, thin...I think this is why you'll see us in sub-defenses most of the time utilizing 5 DB's, and most often a 4-3 for our "regular" formation. I think we'll also see Nink in the middle from time to time...he does not rush the passer well any longer and we have to hope the two new corners can produce a far higher share of coverage sacks than last year...The kid from Iowa makes this team at LB, he's a two year captain and an academic All-American, a perfect BB warrior from a school he trusts and knows well.

White is a solid back who played against good competition every week and produced without fumbling...he catches passes out of the backfield and runs both inside and outside, plus he can pass block. He'll be here for his full ration of 2000 carries. I think  one of the current backs does NOT make the squad and the name could shock all of us.

Thank the good lord above that Miami's O Line will be in disarray for most of this year and that the QB situation for Buffalo and NY are as usual, not good. If the many things we need to go well do go well, we win the division and maybe the AFC...otherwise, BB will hear it...loud.

[/QUOTE]

Browner could be considered an LB since he'll probably never leave the field as a big nickel type option on the inside.  The league has changed. Envision Collins and Browner as your coverage LBs.  They signed a STs/back up LB from Washington named Josh Tull.  

"Hull ran a 4.76-second 40-yard dash coming out of Penn State in 2010 with a 6.73-second three-cone drill and 4.07-second short shuttle — elite numbers for a linebacker. He has 25 career tackles in four NFL seasons, and he forced one fumble as a rookie with the Rams."

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/04/report-patriots-sign-linebacker-josh-hull-to-bolster-special-teams/

It's not what letters are next to the player's name, it's what the skill set is and how the player can be deployed on the field.

Buffalo's 1st two picks were good and the rest were terrible.  The Jets did pretty good with their first two choices for once, but got little else other than low IQ NCAA prospects who looked like they already peaked.

Miami's entire draft sucked, IMO.  Awful.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

There can be no doubt where the Pats think we lost the AFC Championship game...the interior O line...they are looking to make changes and solidify the O Line for the next several years to ease the transition from Mankins when his contract is up, in case Vollmer's leg is still a mess and if Cannon votes with his feet and leaves after his contract is up.

TE is a major problem right now.....Once Gronk left Hoo-man and Willaims could not get it done...unless Joe Don Looney Duncan can produce a miracle we are in deep trouble here...something has to be done with this position - maybe they'll pick someone up off the waiver wire during camp or the end of camp.

Easley, if his knees hold up, will be a revelation. If not, we still have depth on the D line if the boys are healthy enough to produce and stay on the field. Failing a good report from the docs and utility from the vets, we're in big trouble here and may not win the division.

LB is thin, thin, thin...I think this is why you'll see us in sub-defenses most of the time utilizing 5 DB's, and most often a 4-3 for our "regular" formation. I think we'll also see Nink in the middle from time to time...he does not rush the passer well any longer and we have to hope the two new corners can produce a far higher share of coverage sacks than last year...The kid from Iowa makes this team at LB, he's a two year captain and an academic All-American, a perfect BB warrior from a school he trusts and knows well.

White is a solid back who played against good competition every week and produced without fumbling...he catches passes out of the backfield and runs both inside and outside, plus he can pass block. He'll be here for his full ration of 2000 carries. I think  one of the current backs does NOT make the squad and the name could shock all of us.

Thank the good lord above that Miami's O Line will be in disarray for most of this year and that the QB situation for Buffalo and NY are as usual, not good. If the many things we need to go well do go well, we win the division and maybe the AFC...otherwise, BB will hear it...loud.

[/QUOTE]

Browner could be considered an LB since he'll probably never leave the field as a big nickel type option on the inside.  The league has changed. Envision Collins and Browner as your coverage LBs.  They signed a STs/back up LB from Washington named Josh Tull.  

"Hull ran a 4.76-second 40-yard dash coming out of Penn State in 2010 with a 6.73-second three-cone drill and 4.07-second short shuttle — elite numbers for a linebacker. He has 25 career tackles in four NFL seasons, and he forced one fumble as a rookie with the Rams."

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/04/report-patriots-sign-linebacker-josh-hull-to-bolster-special-teams/" rel="nofollow">http://nesn.com/2014/04/report-patriots-sign-linebacker-josh-hull-to-bolster-special-teams/

It's not what letters are next to the player's name, it's what the skill set is and how the player can be deployed on the field.

Buffalo's 1st two picks were good and the rest were terrible.  The Jets did pretty good with their first two choices for once, but got little else other than low IQ NCAA prospects who looked like they already peaked.

[/QUOTE]

FA Joe Don Looney Duncan signed elsewhere when all was said and done...so did the big FA DT from MSU, Caj Reynolds...but we did sign a half decent FA move TE from NC State named Asa Watson.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/04/report-patriots-sign-linebacker-josh-hull-to-bolster-special-teams/" rel="nofollow">http://nesn.com/2014/04/report-patriots-sign-linebacker-josh-hull-to-bolster-special-teams/" rel="nofollow">http://nesn.com/2014/04/report-patriots-sign-linebacker-josh-hull-to-bolster-special-teams/

[/QUOTE]

FA Joe Don Looney Duncan signed elsewhere when all was said and done...so did the big FA DT from MSU, Caj Reynolds...but we did sign a half decent FA move TE from NC State named Asa Watson.

[/QUOTE]

I am completely not getting the Looney joke.  Watson  had a pretty good career at NC State. Ben Watson's brother, so he'll know what to expect coming in here. High IQ.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

So thinking about the draft here are my thougts:

Easley - Very high talent and could be that interior pass rusher we've been looking for. Could have easily been up there with Donald and maybe Clowney but if the queen had balls she'd be the king. Those injures are very scary. Two ACLs, a MCL, and ankles? There is a reason with that much talent he was in the back of the draft. If he stays healthy he will be a force for years. If his career is injury riddled then this will be one where people will point to it and say, Ras-I.2. With or two starters coming of an ACL, Achilles, and the great hope from last season off of heart surgery it's easy to see why people are uncomfortable with the pick even with the talent.

Garopollo - Love the player hate the pick. If they get nothing for Mallett it will be hard to like grabbing a guy in the 2nd, esp when McCarron, Murray, and a number of others went a lot later in the draft. The other soar spot might be if BRady plays out his contract Garopollo will have to be resigned that same year. So, this pick is really 3-4yrs down the road type of pick. That can be tough to chew on when we are so close to another SB and a 2nd rounder could make a difference this year. But as for the player themselves, Garopollo is a very smart pocket passer with great touch in the short to mid ranges, a quick release, and makes very good quick decisions. He needs to work on arm strength and not looking down receivers but he's a very good project that could be Bradyist (in style of play not that he will be Brady)

Stork - On paper he's one of the top C's in the nation. Normally you wouldn't find him anywhere close to the 4th but he has injury concerns. This one is a bit concerning. The OL esp is the one place where having stability along the line really helps. The longer a line plays together the better they are and anything, esp injures, that affect that could prove to show issues with Stork. Much like Easley, if Stork stays healthy he'll be big for us but if he doesn't it will be one more player people question why him over someone with more durability.

White - The more I watch of him the more I like of him. Quick multi move back with excellent vision. Doesn't look like he'll outrun anyone but has a quick burst that gets him through the line into the second level. Has catching ability out of the backfield. Don't know about his blocking ability but I can see him being similar to a Woodhead or Faulk moving forward.

Flemming - This guy is smart, I mean rocket scientist smart. But he doesn't have a ton of agility or speed. I have a feeling they will move him inside to RG and be a spare RT like Cannon has been for awhile. He rarely gets beat (because of his intelligence I assume) but against bigger strong quicker players not sure he's fit for the outside. Good overall pick.

Halapio - This one I don't like. Is a warrior and plays through injury but is injured very often. As with Stork if you are going to have a great line you need stability. Halapio, to me wasn't a great G to begin with. Needs a lot of work with his feet and his hands. Has a good first punch but doesn't seem to know what to do right after. Add in the injury issues and I'm not very high on this guy.

Moore - I love this pick. Tons of raw talent and athletic ability. Easily one of the best pass rushers in DII. Is going to take a couple of years to develop however if he does could be a great find in the 6th.

Thomas - Thomas is a bit undersized but you have to love his instincts. He just knows when and where the ball is coming. The best part is everything I see of he is of him looking back for the ball. Let's all pray that the coaching staff doesn't remove that from his game. The only concern for me is that he'll play essential McCourty's role. With this pick and the rumors of Ryan moving to S makes me wonder if they are planning on McCourty walking after this year. I really hope not.

Gallon - Not sure what to say. He's a 7th round pick that's a midget. I know he was a productive slot player in college but finding a sub 5'8" WR that makes it in the pro's is rarer than a good Jets QB. However, he comes from the blue and gold so you know Brady will do everything in his power to make this guy work. He might start on PS for a year and they could see how Boyce develops but worth taking him in the 7th

UDFA's - I love the Morris and Joe Don Duncan picks ups. By far and away my favorite UDFA's over the last 5 years of watching the draft. Both have a very good shot at making the team considering the complete lack of depth at LB and TE

Overall for the draft - I like day 3 better than day 1 &2 truthfully. This is a very big boom or bust draft for BB based almost solely on health. If the durability concerns prove to be true then this could be one that some celebrate but in two years say, well how could we have known just hindsight. Additionally if Brady runs his contract out and Garopollo doesn't develop (like Mallett and O'Connell) then this will be another soar spot which people will question if we couldn't get someone to give a more immediate impact. Going into the draft I wanted DL help and they got it, but we might not see it till a year or two down the road. I also wanted RZ and receiver help, considering this receiving core had issues getting open and catching the ball last year and also considering that this was one of the worst RZ teams in BB's history with the Pats without Gronk. The TE core was bad last year without Gronk and even if they get Keller he's more of a bigger slot WR than a TE. If the TE core is weak again this year  think they will get criticism (and rightfully so) for not addressing it.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

I don't think that you can evaluate the draft in a vacuum. You have to look at it as just a part of the off-season as a whole. The Pat's off-season has been outstanding.

Between their free agent pick ups and Easley, they have addressed their greatest weakness, the pass rush. When you combine these moves with players returning from injury, this will be the best defense we have seen in years.

Fans are complaining about not drafting help for Brady. Window dressing on a house with a crumbling foundation. Bill took the first steps towards repairing that foundation. The Pats didn't lose the AFC Championship, or recent Super Bowls, because Brady didn't  have receivers, they lost because they couldn't get to the quarterback, or keep other teams from getting to theirs. They are finally addressing that by building from the inside out. I applaud them 

IMO the Patriots are a far better team now than they were when they went to last year's championship game. What more can you ask for?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to Cyberknot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think that you can evaluate the draft in a vacuum. You have to look at it as just a part of the off-season as a whole. The Pat's off-season has been outstanding.

Between their free agent pick ups and Easley, they have addressed their greatest weekness, the pass rush. When you combine these moves with players returning from injury, this will be the best defense we have seen in years.

Fans are complaining about not drafting help for Brady. Window dressing on a house with a crumbling foundation. Bill took the first steps towards repairing that foundation. The Pats didn't lose the AFC Championship, or recent Super Bowls, because Brady didn't  have receivers, they lost because they couldn't get to the quarterback, or keep other teams from getting to theirs. They are finally addressing that by building from the inside out. I applaud them 

IMO the Patriots are a far better team now than they were went to last year's championship game. What more can you ask for?

[/QUOTE]

Excellent post. This is what I find fascinating: The Arrogance and Entitlement

They expect BB to not only hit homeruns in FA every year, but also the draft.  It's completely irrational. Not to mention, we have no idea how these players will even look.

Remember last year? Then, Collins, Ryan, Harmon, Dobson and Thompkins all impressed in various ways.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rkarp, I posted this in another thread, but it seems relevant to the discussion here, so I'll repeat it below the line.  Looking at the rumoured UDFA signings, Pats seem to be addressing the TE and LB depth needs there.  We'll see if any of those guys pan out.  I'm thinking, though, this is likely to be a one TE offense.  When Gronk is in, we've got our guy, and there's no issue.  The need at TE, therefore, is for a guy who can share the back-up role with Hoomanwanui and play on those occasions when we do want a two-TE formation.  

As I've said many times, I don't watch much college football so I can't judge how good any of these players really is. That said, here are my impressions of the Pats' draft:

What I Like

• Everything I read about Easley makes me think he's the disruptive DL the Pats really need. Like many others, I worry about the injuries, but assuming he's healthy, he's the kind of guy that (along with Chandler Jones) is going to make a lot of QBs have bad days. BB is moving toward a more aggressive, attacking front seven and guys like Easley, Jones, and Collins could be fun to watch. Maybe the next time they face a guy like Manning in the playoffs they get some pressure on him and disrupt his timing.

• I like the Garoppolo pick. I understand the fans who would have liked to have seen us use that second rounder on someone who would have helped us this year. But with Mallet's contract ending after 2014, it makes a ton of sense to get a third QB in now so that in 2015 we have a back up for Brady who knows the system. Everything I read about the kid makes me think he's right for the Pats--even "righter" than Mallet. His strength seems to be his mental skills--smart, quick study, and good decision maker. Belichick likes guys who play smart. In my opinion, the most important trait in a QB is the ability to make quick, correct decisions. The second is to release the ball quickly and accurately. Garappolo apparently has those skills, and that's a big plus. Whether he's Brady's successor or not it's way too early to tell. But he does seem to be Mallet's successor and we needed that this year rather than next.

• I like all the OL picks. I think most, if not all, will end up on the practice squad if they even make the team, but BB has given us three chances to get one guy who can play. I like those odds.

• The RB, WR, and CB are all filler kind of guys, but decent camp competition at positions where depth helps.

• I'm intrigued by Zach Moore. Wondering if this guy could turn out to be the sleeper of the draft. As a hybrid DE/OLB he fills a position of need too.

What I don't like

• I'm still not sold on the pass receivers we have. I really wanted either a TE or a WR who could start--and ideally both. I do think, however, that we would have had to have picked one of these in the first two rounds to really get anyone with much of a chance of making an impact in year one, and given that, I'm okay with the Pats having gone with Easley and Garappolo instead.

• I worry about depth at LB. Maybe we have more depth there than I think. Nink is a wildcard who can play the position if we get desperate (and have DEs to replace him, which we may have). But still I would have loved to have seen a quality guy at the LB position.

Given where we are today, I'm feeling pretty good about the defense, as long as Wilfork, Kelly, Mayo, and Easley are all fully recovered and healthy. The secondary is strong (even without a great SS) and the front seven--at least in the starters--is athletic and talented. I really like the starting D. Depth may still be a concern, but I think (if healthy) this defense will be very good. The offense still has a number of question marks. The OL (with Vollmer back and assuming one of the new OL works out) should be okay. Brady is Brady. But the skill positions around Brady remain full of question marks. Can Ridley really be the lead back or will he be benched for fumbles? Can Vereen stay healthy? Is there a decent TE to fill in for Gronk until Gronk gets healthy--and once Gronk gets healthy will he stay healthy? Will any of these receivers be an impact player? Given the personnel, the likelihood is we are a one TE offense, which means we probably need three decent WRs. Do we have that? I'm not sure. But hopefully Dobson really can be a decent number one and Amendola isn't the injury-prone bust he looked like by the end of last year. Ideally Lafell ends up being the guy who replaces Hernandez, Gronk is healthy, and Amendola, Edelman, and Dobson (and maybe one of the others) produce a decent rotation at the other two positions. Time will tell. I'm not 100% confident in the offense, but overall I still like where the team is in May.

[/QUOTE]

Dobson will be very lucky to play half a season this year. I don't think people fully appreciate his injury(perhaps its out of site out of mind) it's highly unlikely he makes a major impact this season until very late if at all. Hence, the need for another high quality WR/TE. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

I love the arrogance of proclaiming "Kraft stepped up".  Give me a break with this pathetic routine of yours. BB has never knowingly taken a player that might go off the rails, so enough with that crap. 22 year old prospects are immature and are not sure things.  

BB took Dennard in 2012 because he's friendly with Bo Polini who vouched for Dennard. I can name many questionable players Kraft signed off on like Cox, Dillon or even Moss when he was here. Get off your high horse with this sanctimonius tone you use here on this board.  

Every draft is different, but BB would resign if Kraft was telling him what to do in the personnel department. It's a well known fact Kraft does not meddle within the process.  Of all the NFL teams, NE by far and way creates the best environment for players because of the environment itself. If the player isn't into it, they're gone. It's that simple.

You act as if you have some kind of inner working info like you're friends or an employee of the organization. You're not.  You know nothing other than transferring speculation from whoever your little sources are.

Another good draft for need and hopefully for quality as well.  That makes 5 straight good drafts.

Will Brady be ready in January? I know the D will be yet again, as long as they're healthy this time.

[/QUOTE]

Not one of his better drafts. Maybe 4 who make the team. Sorry Charlie.

4th and 6/7ths are 50/50 at best. Camp bodies aside from 3-4 picks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Soo,

what is the real deal on

Dobsons injury ? I will be ok with our wrs if he is, if not we will see a released vet

Does j Garro have a good arm? Can he make the deep throw?

will they move Connolly to centeR?

will any of the rookies be ready like Collins was at the end of the seaon

Also

we haveto carry at least three Qbs thru camp,I don't see mallet going any where

i am happy with the Dline

i think Mel was right, on what they thought about the Oline. In reading the scouting reports the rooks are all good in one style of blocking schemes, at Sliding? All need to get stringer  , the easiest fix

Thank God we have the best coach in football 

Enjoying thIs thread
    Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Also noticed that they picked up an udfa safety from Rutgers 

but it wait he runs a 4"4 is 209 and I bribe 6' plays all over. Sounds too good to be true. I mean 4.4 almost is an automatic draft pick?.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Excellent thread with some intelligently expressed views with varying perspectives.   It's actually a discussion - how unique.  PE, we often differ in our perspectives but I must say that I found your player by player assessment helpful in terms of understanding your take and, to an extent, I share your views but not to the same extent. As for me:

Easley - love the pick. Even with the injury concerns I think the reward side outweighs the risk side.

JG - A surprise pick for me (and for most it appears).  Like everything I've seen and read about the kid.  Originally concerned about hand size but apparently not much of an issue.  TB's successor?  We'll see.

3rd rd pass - Apparently Stork was their guy and they got him in the 4th with another pick as well.

Rest of the picks - like the positions selected although I confess I know little of the players selected.  Same with the UDFA's. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

• I really hope they can move Mallett before Week 1.   That probably means he will have to show significant progress in the preseason.   I don't want the Pats carrying 3 QBs all season.  It's a waste of a roster spot.  In the last few years with injuries depleting the roster a lot of the guys who dressed had to play.  No backup is going to get regular season minutes with TB healthy.  And, God forbid if TB goes down, count me as someone who believes his replacement will be found on the waiver/FA/inactive/retired list.   I don't think BB would trust Mallett or JG to take the helm in 2014.

• BB has complete trust in Mallett. If not he would not have been here all these years. JP doesn't take a snap the entire year in a regular season game.

[/QUOTE]
    [/QUOTE]

The "trust" BB has in Mallett is highly questionable.  That you would call it "complete" is nothing more than opinion without evidence.

It's interesting to note that Cassel and Mallett both sat behind Brady for their first 3 years with the Pats.  In both cases the players ages were 23 - 25 in that 3-year span.

Now we all know that TB rarely leaves the field, even in blowout victories.

However, in those first 3 years (before Cassel became the starter when TB went down):

Game appearances: 14

Completions:  22/39

TDs: 2 (I'm not counting his rushing TD)

Ints: 2

In Mallett's first 3 years:

Game appearances: 4

Completions: 1/4

TDs: 0

Ints: 1

Cassel saw far more action playing behind a QB that had 3 SB victories at age 27 and was in his prime.

Last year TB played the entire regular season, sometimes behind a shaky O-Line with key starters out with injuries.  With victories no longer in doubt, Mallett held firm to his clipboard.

You say JG won't take a regular season snap all year?   Guess what?  That's the same number Mallett had in 2013.

To say BB has complete trust in Mallett is like saying you have complete trust in your teenage daughter to drive the new family car, but you won't let her do anything more than back it out of the garage.

If our franchise QB goes down this year (please no) I firmly believe that BB will look outside the organization for a veteran as a 1-year replacement.  There are always plenty of those guys around that have real NFL experience.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

• I really hope they can move Mallett before Week 1.   That probably means he will have to show significant progress in the preseason.   I don't want the Pats carrying 3 QBs all season.  It's a waste of a roster spot.  In the last few years with injuries depleting the roster a lot of the guys who dressed had to play.  No backup is going to get regular season minutes with TB healthy.  And, God forbid if TB goes down, count me as someone who believes his replacement will be found on the waiver/FA/inactive/retired list.   I don't think BB would trust Mallett or JG to take the helm in 2014.

• BB has complete trust in Mallett. If not he would not have been here all these years. JP doesn't take a snap the entire year in a regular season game.

[/QUOTE]
    [/QUOTE]

The "trust" BB has in Mallett is highly questionable.  That you would call it "complete" is nothing more than opinion without evidence.

It's interesting to note that Cassel and Mallett both sat behind Brady for their first 3 years with the Pats.  In both cases the players ages were 23 - 25 in that 3-year span.

Now we all know that TB rarely leaves the field, even in blowout victories.

However, in those first 3 years (before Cassel became the starter when TB went down):

Game appearances: 14

Completions:  22/39

TDs: 2 (I'm not counting his rushing TD)

Ints: 2

In Mallett's first 3 years:

Game appearances: 4

Completions: 1/4

TDs: 0

Ints: 1

Cassel saw far more action playing behind a QB that had 3 SB victories at age 27 and was in his prime.

Last year TB played the entire regular season, sometimes behind a shaky O-Line with key starters out with injuries.  With victories no longer in doubt, Mallett held firm to his clipboard.

You say JG won't take a regular season snap all year?   Guess what?  That's the same number Mallett had in 2013.

To say BB has complete trust in Mallett is like saying you have complete trust in your teenage daughter to drive the new family car, but you won't let her do anything more than back it out of the garage.

If our franchise QB goes down this year (please no) I firmly believe that BB will look outside the organization for a veteran as a 1-year replacement.  There are always plenty of those guys around that have real NFL experience.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree with pretty much everything you just said. You were probably saying the same thing when Brady went down, at least in regard to going out and getting a veteran. You don't only keep 2 QB's unless you have complete confidence in the back up. It makes no sense. BB has already proven this when Brady came in for Bledsoe and when Cassel came in for Brady. Btw both guys went 11-5 with similar statistics. Mallet is a 1st round talent who slipped in the draft. He is probably going to fulfill his 4 year contract as a back up for N.E. Be thankful we didn't need him. No reason to bash him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

Zach Moore really intrigues me. Has similar measurements to Chandler Jones. Could end up being a diamond in the rough. Not a bad job with a 6th round pick. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Question for the Board

What is the deal with Garoppola's arm strength?

Compare it to some one we know

Hoyer or mallet or even  tom

I have heard he hasproblems with the long ball?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000314343/article/jimmy-garappolo-helping-nfl-draft-stock-in-shrine-game-drills" rel="nofollow">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000314343/article/jimmy-garappolo-helping-nfl-draft-stock-in-shrine-game-drills

I know this is from January but it was in a relevant setting.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Question for the Board

What is the deal with Garoppola's arm strength?

Compare it to some one we know

Hoyer or mallet or even  tom

I have heard he hasproblems with the long ball?

[/QUOTE]

All I've ever heard about him is that he can make all the throws, with touch when needed. However, experts say he has only average arm strength...Don't forget, TB got here with average arm strength as well and he's fine now, so....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/04/report-patriots-sign-linebacker-josh-hull-to-bolster-special-teams/" rel="nofollow">http://nesn.com/2014/04/report-patriots-sign-linebacker-josh-hull-to-bolster-special-teams/" rel="nofollow">http://nesn.com/2014/04/report-patriots-sign-linebacker-josh-hull-to-bolster-special-teams/" rel="nofollow">http://nesn.com/2014/04/report-patriots-sign-linebacker-josh-hull-to-bolster-special-teams/" rel="nofollow">http://nesn.com/2014/04/report-patriots-sign-linebacker-josh-hull-to-bolster-special-teams/

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am completely not getting the Looney joke.  Watson  had a pretty good career at NC State. Ben Watson's brother, so he'll know what to expect coming in here. High IQ.

[/QUOTE]

Joe Don Looney was a big fullback back who played for 4 NFL teams in 5 years, went to Vietnam for a tour and came back to play for the Saints in 1969. He was a flake, the original free spirit who alienated coaches and played for 4 colleges as well..Looney was, well, looney tunes...Joe Don Duncan has a similar background in terms of moving from college to college program...both guys are awesome physical talents, but.....