Draft wish

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Draft wish

I would like to see the Patriots draft along the front lines for most of their picks this year.  A great draft would be selecting DE,DL, LB and OL help.  Their offense was ranked at #3 last year.  I do not think improvements in TE and WR will help as much as along the line of scrimmage.  I expect to see a running back and possibly a QB drafted but will be disappointed seeing another WR or CB  drafted.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Draft wish

Agreed for the most part, though I would add TE as part of the OL. Having a TE that can stay in and block or release into the seem has as much an affect on stopping a pass rush and a big old G. Just look how teams treated us differently with and without Gronk. Way different game plans and much less pass rushes when they have to contend with a TE who could be a 6th OL or hurt you bad if you are caught off guard. So my wish list is front 4, then TE, then front 7, then OL. Secondary, RB, and WR after

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

My wish . . . two guys who can START on this team and two guys who are decent backups and one or two projects who may need a year or two to develop but can at least help on special teams.   I'm not as concerned about where and what positions they play because BB finds a way to fill the gaps but two starters on the team would help big time.   What I see them drafting is a TE, LB, DL, OL, S, RB and QB not in that order but in the order of the best guy available at that position when their time comes (with the exception of QB which will be a late pick unless Mallett is traded).  I'm sure there will be no CB in this draft for the Pats and I do not think they will take a WR but there are about 3 or 4 WR that would be real hard to pass up if they are there at the end of the first round.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

I see impact players in the 2nd round if Drafting correctly. Not many Drafts have this. We need to really improve our 3rd down Defense. Not enough 3 and outs, been this way for too long.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I would simply wish that the Pats get some guys who can stay on the field.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The trenches is what it's about.  Listing the needs in order IMHO is DE, TE, backup LB, DT and a backup OL.  Good interior lineman later in the draft.  Lot's of players there at 29 so I don't expect the Pats to move down.  If they do it should be to far down, maybe 5 spots and no more.  It would be hard to do that.

Ealy - DE

If Sefeian-Jenkins drops a little that would be a good TE.  Or DaQuan Jones DT.

Shayne Skov  ILB,  although if Jenkins isn't there the Pats would have to look at Fiedorowicz  TE.

Might take a stab at Michael Schofield here.  Played tackle but started out as a guard.  

Adrian Hubbard OLB.  If Skov isn't there otherwise Anthouny Johnson DT.  Needs some coaching, upside.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Agreed with two young bulls on the DL, one DT and one DE/OLB type...and within the first 4 rounds and as early within those 4 rounds as possible....Yes, they'll pick at least one TE, probably in the 3rd or 4th unless a miracle happens and someone slides....I can also see them trying to grab a coverage LB /ST's guy and an OL...they can sign a priority FA QB for insurance to develop when Mallet walks next year....don't be surprised to see them draft a WR with so many talented ones available throughout the draft, as well as a RB late or  as a priority FA

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I disagree on the WR and QB.  That's is unless someone whom the Pats see as a talent drops a lot much in the fashion of Brady.  

My reason is the Pats have too many needs and with the right selections they could get the help now to make a charge this year.  Spending a pick on a WR and/or QB just takes a spot of a need.  With this draft so deep they can cover there needs pretty nicely.  I do have an eyeball on a RB for the last pick for right now though.  Senorise Perry.  Very fast.  Something the Pats don't have right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

In response to mellymel3's comment:

I disagree on the WR and QB.  That's is unless someone whom the Pats see as a talent drops a lot much in the fashion of Brady.  

My reason is the Pats have too many needs and with the right selections they could get the help now to make a charge this year.  Spending a pick on a WR and/or QB just takes a spot of a need.  With this draft so deep they can cover there needs pretty nicely.  I do have an eyeball on a RB for the last pick for right now though.  Senorise Perry.  Very fast.  Something the Pats don't have right now.

Vereen, when healthy, is pretty fast because he was a track guy and Cal., but it seems whenever he tries to turn on the jets he pulls his hamstring, so maybe a speed back who can also catch the ball out of the backfield is needed...they also seem to have brought in a  few big backs for a look see...have no issue with taking either one...they will sign a half way decent QB this year though,, Mallet is a goner next season and they have to get a viable backup ready

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Agree on the OL help; 40 sacks at this stage of Brady's career is too much. Also agree on the obvious TE, DT and a DE to bookend Chandler Jones would be nice. If the Pats could find an C/OG in 4th or later I would be very happy. People seem to think that Hageman is a boom or bust guy so I am not enamored with him. Donald would be ideal, but that would require a trade up. I see Fedorkowisz (sp) or Nicklas as the Pats guy if they go TE (probably in the 2nd or 3rd) . Could also see a safety like Exum or Buchanon. The real question might be is when (and who) is Brady's eventual back-up taken; McCarron is late second material and I have no clue when Savage or Garroppolo are taken.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Give me a Hybrid WR/TE... A pass rusher.. Oline.. And a saftey. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

If the Pats land 3 of the following I'd be happy:

Rd1: Calvin Pryor, Nix III, Hageman, Shazier, Su'a Filo, Zach Martin

Rd2: Niklas, Telvin Smith, Kareem Martin, J. Landry, Benjamin (if he free falls, obviously)

Rd3: Daquan Jones, CJ Fiedorowicz, Cyril Richardson, Bruce Ellington, Lamarcus Joyner

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

3 under the radar picks:

4th round compensatory pick - Craig Loston SS LSU

6th round 22nd pick - Jeff Janis WR Saginaw Valley St

6th round 30th pick - Storm Johnson RB UCF

Sections
Shortcuts