Draft workout/visits listed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Draft workout/visits listed

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/29/2012-draft-visits-and-workout-tracker/

Scroll down to N.E and it looks like we are focusing on DEFENSE BABY! Brockers anyone???

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Re: Draft workout/visits listed

thank goodness... .no Janoris Jenkins

he probably had a date

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Ron Brooks is my top defensive mid-late round sleeper... VT WR Danny Coale on the offensive side of the ball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Sweet! Imagine if our first 5 picks were ALL on D !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

In Response to Re: Draft workout/visits listed:
    [QUOTE]Ron Brooks is my top defensive mid-late round sleeper... VT WR Danny Coale on the offensive side of the ball.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

MB:  good to see you on another thread.

this is that list of the NE visits, with a few exceptions this appears to be a list of possible FAs or real late picks.

Why Brockers ..will he drop that far or is trade in works?
    Irwin at 63  is he worth it, if say we cant get Upshaw, McClellin ( my pick),
    I agree with you on Brooks  he was under hyped because of the Honey Badger.

New England
    Patriots
    *Louisville cornerback Josh Bellamy (3/21).Arizona State cornerback Omar Bolden (?/?).LSU defensive tackle Michael Brockers (4/?).  USA  Sports weekly  # 10*LSU cornerback Ron Brooks (3/?).*Bethune-Cookman linebacker Ryan Davis (3/?).UCLA safety Tony Dye (4/3).West Virginia linebacker Bruce Irvin (?/?).    USA  Sports weekly  #59Oklahoma linebacker Ronnell Lewis (4/?).*Hampton cornerback Micah Pellerin (3/5).*LSU safety Brandon Taylor (3/?). USA  Sports weekly   #160

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

That said BB will draft all offensive players ....lol....just when we think we know the answer to the question....BB changes the question....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]That said BB will draft all offensive players ....lol....just when we think we know the answer to the question....BB changes the question....
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Definately...at least we can rule out Brockers entirely from Belichick's inevitable gameplan (unless this is a double swing-back elliptical jedi trick of his this time).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Draft workout/visits listed : MB:  ...Why Brockers ..will he drop that far or is trade in works? .. Sports weekly    #160
    Posted by mgraham[/QUOTE]

that jumped out at me as well. note that the other visitors are late second or later rounders. it looks like a trade up. totally out of recent patter for bb. however, i have been saying that bb may be looking for a NT so he can move vw to LDE. brockers is about the same weight as vw, but longer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Draft workout/visits listed : that jumped out at me as well. note that the other visitors are late second or later rounders. it looks like a trade up. totally out of recent patter for bb. however, i have been saying that bb may be looking for a NT so he can move vw to LDE. brockers is about the same weight as vw, but longer.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

If he is the draft choice I think Vince would go back to his more natural nose position and Brocker's would start at end and block out the sun. BB would try to lean him up and turn him into another Seymour.  I'd like to see either combination truthfully.

The best outside linebacker on my board is Bruce Irvin from WVU.  I'd like to see them both get drafted in the 1st round, or with a 1 and high 2.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Draft workout/visits listed : If he is the draft choice I think Vince would go back to his more natural nose position and Brocker's would start at end and block out the sun. BB would try to lean him up and turn him into another Seymour.  I'd like to see either combination truthfully. The best outside linebacker on my board is Bruce Irvin from WVU.  I'd like to see them both get drafted in the 1st round, or with a 1 and high 2.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

agree on using vw-brockers combo either way.

irving, i am kinda mixed. the thought of a quick olb in the line up is attractive. . 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Draft workout/visits listed : agree on using vw-brockers combo either way. irving, i am kinda mixed. the thought of a quick olb in the line up is attractive. . 
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

several of teh pros dont see irvin having a spot he can play on the field. 
    makes no sense to me for bb to visit brockers. dbs at lsu i cna see.
    if he were going to move up, why would he announce it to the world and make it harder to get the player?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Draft workout/visits listed : Definately...at least we can rule out Brockers entirely from Belichick's inevitable gameplan (unless this is a double swing-back elliptical jedi trick of his this time).
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

exactly

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]thank goodness... .no Janoris Jenkins he probably had a date
    Posted by mgraham[/QUOTE]

:) 
    you are on tonight mgraham!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Draft workout/visits listed : If he is the draft choice I think Vince would go back to his more natural nose position and Brocker's would start at end and block out the sun. BB would try to lean him up and turn him into another Seymour.  I'd like to see either combination truthfully. The best outside linebacker on my board is Bruce Irvin from WVU.  I'd like to see them both get drafted in the 1st round, or with a 1 and high 2.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Irvin will be there at 63

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Draft workout/visits listed : Irvin will be there at 63
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]
    We're at 62 now, Saints lost their 2nd round pick.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

If we look at the old draft trading chart, we have the ammo to move up if we were targeting a specific player; ie.e Brockers or Barron.

27.  680
    31.  600
    48.  420
    62.  284
    94.  124
    128. 44 (i'm not sure where this pick is yet, anyone know after the comp picks were awarded)

I think we should keep pick 31 as it is a perfect spot to land Branch/McClellin or one of the other 34 OLBs.

So, 27 and 48 gets us to 14
    27 and 62 gets us to 17

I've seen Brockers mocked a lot to DAL at 14 and PHI at 15 so this would seem to be the range we'd have to move to.  As I said before, we only have a couple of missing pieces on the team.  What if we packaged 4 of our picks to try to get Brockers and Barron?

14.  (27/48)  Brockers
    25.  (31/94)  Barron
    62.  McClellin or Curry
    128. Broyles or Bernard Pierce  (both injured guys who represent big time value if there)

We then bring back Carter.  We just need a couple of pieces and we're set.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Eagles need a safety and an OT

it would make sense that they target Barron/Adams at 27/31 or Martin/Smith and trade us pick 15.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Thanks for posting this link, TrueChamp.  Definitaly some names to get excited about here!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Draft workout/visits listed : We're at 62 now, Saints lost their 2nd round pick.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

haha, nice

imagine if we lost two 2nd rd picks instead of one 1st for spygate??

I'd have drafted Brandon Flowers or Tracy Porter since Asante was about to walk.

Then we'd have not had the Wheately/Butler picks!!! The commish woulda done us a huge favor if he treated us the way he did the Saints. We had an extra 1st that year (Mayo) and the Saints had no first this year (obv we own it) so if the situations were the same I bet NO gets docked a 1st for sure like we did. Boooo

I guess we could also have traded Maroney a year early (a 3rd in return?) and gone with Forte. Or traded Ty Warren off a pro-bowl season (a 2nd?) and drafted Calais Campbell, saved 5 million and put that into an extension for Seymour (more important to keep than Ty BY FAR). But that is more of a 'what if' then just taking 1 of two highly rated CB's that went in the 30's when we ended up drafting to lesser rated ones (Wilhite as well) that draft anyhow. Errrr

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]The Eagles need a safety and an OT it would make sense that they target Barron/Adams at 27/31 or Martin/Smith and trade us pick 15.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Yes, along with a few other teams. Most think Barron won't make it to 27. So, if you were Andy Reid, I think you make your pick at 15 (Barron), and look to jump back into round 1 to land Adams at say 27 or 31 if he's your guy.

This depends on how bad they want Barron whether or not Reid would trade us pick 15, because I don't think he's getting Barron at 27.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

I agree. A starting DL of Brockers, VW and Fanene would be nice.

I like Bruce Irvin, but I don't think he is the best OLB in this draft. He certainly has great potential as a pass rusher, but I would rather have Branch, McClellin, Curry ahead of Irvin. All 3 of those guys will be lining up as ends and at 3-4 OLB. Plus, Irvin only has 2 years of production, with last year considerably down from his 1st.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Brockers would be a nice addition. He would add a kind of versatility to the set. He could (and has) playe 3-tech, under, and END on either side. In practice I think he is a good candidate for left end, across from whoever is playing elephant DE. 

He is an incredibly athlete by any regard, but I'm not so sure about BB taking a flyer on an underclassmen that high. 

Intriguing, to me, are Bruce Irvin and Ronnel Lewis. Either of these guys could contribute at that elephant position. Given the loss of Anderson, and the uncertainty about a player of Andre Carter's vintage, I see it as a major question marks going in. And both of these men would stand as second round pickups likely, maybe 3rd, meaning NE could address other holes (DB) a bit higher. 

All in all, I agree with the draft strategy we are seeing take shape here. 

Frankly, I think the offense has enough talent, and NE needs to focus on getting the defense up to snuff. They would get more out of the offense by adding more talent on defense than by adding another star player in the former. A defesnse that could get more timely stops, and more forced turnovers, in short more possessions for the offense (3-4 more per game), could net this offense another 10-14 points per game, especially against stingier opponents. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Draft workout/visits listed : Yes, along with a few other teams. Most think Barron won't make it to 27. So, if you were Andy Reid, I think you make your pick at 15 (Barron), and look to jump back into round 1 to land Adams at say 27 or 31 if he's your guy. This depends on how bad they want Barron whether or not Reid would trade us pick 15, because I don't think he's getting Barron at 27.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

yeah

I think Reid could be pretty well assured of Adams and Smith at 27/31 if he wanted to trade down with us when he was on the clock.

The man would 100% do it if he felt he could get Barron or Martin I am sure, but when he is up there ready to make a pick at 15 there is no way of knowing that.

Barron at 15 then trading both 2nd rounders to get Martin at 27 is solid value but maybe not quite what he would get if he took an impact DE/DT like Still or Cox at 15, then just waited it out and was lucky enough to scoop up Smith or Dennard at 46 and Zebrie Sanders at 51.

My buddy is a die-hard Eagles fan and he says he would trade 15 back for 27/31 in a second but trading up from 46/51 to 27, even for a solid OT, is a riskier move and wouldn't feel as comfortable with. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Brockers would be a nice addition. He would add a kind of versatility to the set. He could (and has) playe 3-tech, under, and END on either side. In practice I think he is a good candidate for left end, across from whoever is playing elephant DE.  He is an incredibly athlete by any regard, but I'm not so sure about BB taking a flyer on an underclassmen that high.  Intriguing, to me, are Bruce Irvin and Ronnel Lewis. Either of these guys could contribute at that elephant position. Given the loss of Anderson, and the uncertainty about a player of Andre Carter's vintage, I see it as a major question marks going in. And both of these men would stand as second round pickups likely, maybe 3rd, meaning NE could address other holes (DB) a bit higher.  All in all, I agree with the draft strategy we are seeing take shape here.  Frankly, I think the offense has enough talent, and NE needs to focus on getting the defense up to snuff. They would get more out of the offense by adding more talent on defense than by adding another star player in the former. A defesnse that could get more timely stops, and more forced turnovers, in short more possessions for the offense (3-4 more per game), could net this offense another 10-14 points per game, especially against stingier opponents. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Irvin seems to be only a pass-rusher who hates contact, in a limited role in pure rush situations he could replace some of what Anderson gave us, but not being a 3 down OLB and all those character issues makes me not want to touch him till round 3.

Lewis would be a good grab at the end of rd 2... he is the opposite of Irvin, def more of a 3 down back, good character/veteran leader type. But I question his pass-rushing skills and if he has the smarts for the Pats system, although he can tackle and hit real well. I'd MUCH rather have McClellin, but I am beginning to think he will go in the 35-50 range now and Lewis 50-65.