Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Draft

So it appears.

I wonder why he is listed as Utah State on ESPN?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Draft

I think Mays isn't nearly as highly rated as some people here think either. IT doesn't matter because he is going back. He is the most physically gifted Safety, but I have watched a lotof him and I don't think he had th nose for the ball that other safeties out there have.

I could be wrong, but most of the USC defense seems built around hype to me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Draft

I like Smith, I am just not sure how he is against the run, anyone seen more of him? Is he a strong, solid, knock u back tackler?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RandyMossinThem. Show RandyMossinThem's posts

Draft

yea i dont see him being a good tackler atleast a big impact basically like a merriweather tackler thats why he is at corner why wouldnt we keep hm at corner ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Draft

[Quote]

Jermaine Gresham

Class:
    Junior

Hometown:
    Ardmore, Okla.

High School:
    Ardmore HS

Height / Weight:
    6-6 / 261

Position:
    TE

Jermaine Gresham 2008 Season Highlight Reel

•Receiving - Updated Dec. 7, 2008

Year
    G-GS
    No.
    Yds
    Avg
    TDs
    Long
    Avg/Game

13-13

14-14

13-2

Totals
    40-29

[/Quote]

Forget about Gresham, harley; he's staying in college. He'd have been a top 5 pick anyhow;

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/01/oklahoma-te-gresham-rt-williams-comment.html

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RandyMossinThem. Show RandyMossinThem's posts

Draft

lol gresham topic is days old

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Draft

heres how i would draft:

Acquired Picks:
    Round 1 #22 - Minnesota trades their 1st round pick QB Matt Cassel.
    Round 2 #47 - Patriots receive San Diegos 2nd round pick for trading their 2008 3rd round pick to them.
    Round 3 #86 - Minnesota trades their 3rd round pick QB Matt Cassel.
    Round 3 #97 - Patriots receive a 3rd round compensatory pick for losing Asante Samuel to free agency.
    Round 4 - pats receive compensatory pick for dante stallworth
    Round 5 - Patriots receive compensatory pick for the loss of Randall gay

Projected Patriots draft picks through 7 rounds:
    Round 1 #22 (from MIN) Rey Maualuga (ILB) USC or James Laurinaitis (ILB) Ohio State or Aaron Curry (OLB)Wake Forest

Round 1 #23 (pats pick) ) Vontae Davis (CB)- Illinois or Alphonso Smith(CB) wake forest

Round 2 #47 (from SD) Pettigrew (TE) Oklahoma state (hopefully he'll fall)

Round 2 #56 (pats pick) Trade for Ocho cinco (WR) Cinncinati or pick Boone(OL) the OSU or Ciron Black, OT, LSU

Round 3 #86 (from MIN) Zack Follett (ILB) –California

Round 3 #91 (pats pick) Curtis Taylor, FS, LSU or Kam Chancellor (FS) Virginia Tech

Round 3 #97 (comp pick for Samuel) Max Unger, C, Oregon very versatile can play all 5 positions on the line

Round 4 #120 (pats pick) Trade for Ocho cinco or pick Domonique Johnson (CB) Jackson state
    Round 4 (comp pick for stallworth) Pat White (QB) West Virginia

Round 5 #151 (pats pick) Brandon Tate WR North Carolina

Round 5 (comp pick for gay) Best OL available

Round 6 #186 (pats pick) The best RB available

Round 7 #216 (pats pick) Best CB available

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Draft

- z,

It looks like they changed things on ya. I went to ESPN and he is listed as Utah.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Draft

ESPN insider:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=24712&draftyear=2009

It is different from the other ESPN databank.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Draft

[Quote]I think Mays isn't nearly as highly rated as some people here think either. IT doesn't matter because he is going back. He is the most physically gifted Safety, but I have watched a lotof him and I don't think he had th nose for the ball that other safeties out there have.

I could be wrong, but most of the USC defense seems built around hype to me.[/Quote]

Agreed. USC would be tested if they were in the Big 12 or the SEC. Would you rather play Cal or Ole Miss ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Draft

The funny thing is that I have more regard for the ability of PAC-10 players that aren't on USC. They have to face that juggernaut, and they aren't usually surrounded by 8 or 9 other top recruits.

They are more on an island.

Yeah, I would much rather play Cal. LOL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidwa. Show davidwa's posts

Draft

CB Alphonso Smith an intriguing pick, he's got good speed & he can make the catches for interceptions. At 5'9 190lbs the question is can he cover the tall receivers at the next level. He should be available later then some of the other top CB's.

S Moore of Missouri could also be a solid pick although injuries have been a problem for him in college. Will be healthy at the next level?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

Draft

Here's a recap of the 1st day Senior Bowl practice. Thoughts?
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/01/senior-bowl-day-1-recap/

Rey Maualuga/LB/USC: Maualuga looked rusty today, both physically and mentally. He's not in the best of shape and was very hesitant to make decisions on the field. Maualuga seemed to get his bearings as the day proceeded, but his play was not reminiscent of a potential top-five pick.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/01/19/senior.bowl.day1/index.html

Just out of curiousity do any of you guys on the board think the Pats may try to scoop up Lito Sheppard this off-season?

Eagles CB Lito Sheppard reiterated Monday that he wants out of Philadelphia this offseason.

Sheppard requested a trade last year. He mailed it in when he didn't get one, losing his nickel back job to special teamer Joselio Hanson. Lito's stock is at a low now and he may not bring back more than a fourth-round pick http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Draft

ZB mentioned getting a bargain DB and I think that is more plausible than the big free agent splash. Cassel would have to be traded for a big free agent to be signed. I also think that the PAnthers will want more from NE than just Cassel straight up. People seem to forget that a great DE/OLB (in the 3-4) is very valuable.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Draft

I would forget about Peppers.

1.) He is going to want a lot of money.
    2.) It is really hard to project how he would do here.
    3.) the whole 3-4 thing is likely posturing to increase the amount of bidders.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Draft

Generally agree on the first 4 picks. My only concern is that I really don't feel that the Pats need a running back. I had Patrick CHung at SS in the 2nd, but alot to depends on who falls and who rises. I could see Sintim rising until he is out of the Pats pick range (15-20).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Draft

- ricky

Nice job! I seldom like what folks put down as a whole. I only have one arguement and that is Maloa. I currently have him as a solid 2nd rounder. A late 3rd rounder would be an absolute steal.

I do have to agree with Johnhanna on Sintim. I think his stock will rise to where he will be out of reach. Here's to hoping we're wrong!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

Draft

Rick, That would be a great draft as you have it. Depending on Sintim, if he does rise what's everyones thought on Aaron Maybin at #23?

Aaron Maybin, DE/OLB, Penn State
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 240.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.61.
    Projected Round (2009): Top 25 Pick.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Draft

I've mentioned the DE/OLB player as possible 1st round selection and Maybin would certainly apply there. Could also see a QB taken in the first four depending on what happens with Cassel. TE also possible.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtg5017. Show gtg5017's posts

Draft

Agreed on Maybin, tons of raw talent, but not sure BB would want to spend a 1st rounder on someone who is not only raw and thus developmental at DE (he wasn't he even supposed to start for Penn State this season) but he'd have to learn to play the OLB position as well, something he's never played. I think i remember the commentators saying he's only 2% body fat, so there's no way he'd fit in our system as a DE (too small). Seems like way too much of a risk for the Pats, though I loved watching him play here at Penn State this season. What about Maurice Evans though as a mid-round DE? He was a 1st team Big Ten selection his sophomore season but had a down season this year due to suspensions and rotating with Maybin. He's listed as 6'2", 262, as opposed to Maybin who's 6'4", 236.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Draft

One of the few DEs I see as being able to operate as a 3-4 DE is Tyson Jackson. Aside from that their are some OLB/DE types available. I trust BB to pick the one that fits.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Draft

No go on Evans Busted for maryjane. Habitual underperformer, or streaky depending on how you view him.

Maybin is OK, but I have seen him neutralized too often.

Kiper's latest mock has NE selecting Cushing. He is the latest in a phalanx of critics who think it is a fit.

Your thoughts?

Sections
Shortcuts