Drafting secondary.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

Drafting secondary.

How many picks and free agents have we Brought in since Asante Samual? It's almost comical, high draft pick and washed up vets. What's up with the sophomore slump? Coaching? DMC, Butler Wheatley.... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: Drafting secondary.

No idea. Talib was good last year which means that he will forget how to turn his head. Logan Ryan will probably be awesome this year, but forget how to play the year after. It's a vicious cycle.

One thing to note is that none of these players are starting for any other teams. I think Butler played for the Colts last year, but I don't remember him doing much. Wilhite and Wheatley aren't doing anything. DMC was a solid pick even if he is a safety. The guy is a leader on the team and plays well at Safety.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Talib, Dennard, McCourty and Gregory were a very solid unit last year and still weren't very good... why?  

Because the problem hasn't been the secondary at all, rather the defensive tackles or lack thereof.  

No DT's means your edge/speed rushers get swallowed up, the problem has ALWAYS been our middle of the road sack totals year after year, the length of time it has taken us to get to the QB and taken to reload at DT.  

Kelly fills one of these needs, if Armstead can fill the other spot then the problem is solved, in the meantime Fortson can hold down the fort and were likely to play more 4 man fronts to start the season anyhow with so many young guys.  

Wilfork, Kelly, Jones and Francis will be a formidable 4/3, a true 4/3.  Health provided this team will sack a lot more this year and when it does the defense will magically "cover" better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to poopsteo's comment:

How many picks and free agents have we Brought in since Asante Samual? It's almost comical, high draft pick and washed up vets. What's up with the sophomore slump? Coaching? DMC, Butler Wheatley.... 

This is a great post poopsteo. As is your screen name.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I think Butler had a good yr with the Colts

I think Wozzy has a great point!

That said the Pats have drafted a lot of db's who have been smallish and BB took a shot at Ras and he was bigger.

BB has turned the entire team over since the last SB, he has gone to more of a 4-3 which made it enen more important he get more D Tackles

Sometimes we have to look at the other teams to see how well we have it

Giants - they have had DB and LB problems for a long time, they hid them with great DE's and they now have a problem with D tackles. I think last yr they were going with 4 DE's.Their DB's in the last SB were not good and they have had alot of injuries too

Packers - they have had Oline Problems and their D has sucked ( and now they may have some turmoil in AR being a leader???)- AR got sacked how many times - 50?

Baltimore- they are turning over 5 new D players, lost their TE ( although thay may have a Sudfeld of their own), there Oline is thin. And they let walk their true MVP in Bolden. and are light in WRs -(for what s it worth I think Ozzie is great as a GM). and I wonder if flacco is worth $127M

NO - they had their own Spygate, they have D problems and as a team are not wht they were and are trying to upgrade almost everywhere but QB and one elite TE

SF - the one Smith who had 17 sacks had No sacks have the other Smith went down, the wr position has no depth. they lost their SS.

None of these teams have a Backup QB that can take them to winning a SB - We probably don't have one either, but Mallet is as good as what they have

And these are some of the better run teams-

We don't even need to go down the Jests type teams

Our Problems? We may or may not have an issue with SS. We are looking at Depth problems at Dtackle that may be okay, and we are looking for an 8th Olineman.

Really? Really? Thats it?

It is talent, coaching execution and luck. No SB is a guantee. We are in the hunt!

I look forwrd to this years journey

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land