Drawing Shane Vereen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Drawing Shane Vereen

Kevin Faulk and Danny Woodhead were capable of converting third and six or seven yards to go on draw plays. Shane Vereen doesnt do this.  I don't think vereen has impressed running the ball- i think he is pretty soft and not a gamer- he has flashed in a couple games but has not been consistently productive. Vereen and Ridley both seemed so promising but now i dont think either one of them will sign another contract with the patriots

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: Drawing Shane Vereen

Uh....Ok. You clearly don't watch enough Patriots games. All you did is make a bunch of opinionated statements without facts to back it up. Vereen played the first game with a broken wrist...how is that not tough and being a gamer, he then came back and and played with avast on while still catching balls which ain't easy either! We don't care who gets us 3rd and long, as long as we get 1st downs and enough TDs to win the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kevin Faulk and Danny Woodhead were capable of converting third and six or seven yards to go on draw plays. Shane Vereen doesnt do this.  I don't think vereen has impressed running the ball- i think he is pretty soft and not a gamer- he has flashed in a couple games but has not been consistently productive. Vereen and Ridley both seemed so promising but now i dont think either one of them will sign another contract with the patriots

[Quote]

what games are you watching? Vereen is a very capable runner.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

i don't think he is a good or even adequate between the tackles runner

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

That's not his game nor is that were he would run in a draw...but ok

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

you guys are in a denial... it's sad really

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    just like you're in denial the Giants got lucky, twice. Worry about your team and players

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

On a limited basis Vereen has been effective running between the tackles. He averaged 4.7 yds per carry last year and based on his role in the offense a good % of his rushing attempts probably came on 3rd down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

SO he "flashed" in the 2012 playoffs. 2013 opener. Second half of 2013. And the 2013 playoff loss.

Broken wrist....obvious he's just not tough like Gronk....errrr.....Wilfork.....errrr.....Mayo.....errrr.....Kelly......errrr......God, thank you for pointing out the group of marshmallows! They need to rebrand this team! The New England Stay Pufts!

Yes, all of us are in denial, it's not that you are just wrong.

That's 2 people bemoaning the toughness/injuries of Vereen, and without looking, I already know they happily accept Gronk.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you watch him run between the tackles - even this last game - you will see he is good at picking his way through and not dancing the hole to oblivion. He runs under control looking for the blocks. Similar to the backs you named except that he has a higher top end speed.

WHile it is not his bread and butter he is solid at it.

You say "in denial" and "sad" and yet you already had to back track from your first statement when someone pointed out that Vereen played with a broken wrist.

I suspect you will either back track or remain quiet as the year unfolds, as his career unfolds.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from deebz. Show deebz's posts

[QUOTE]

i don't think he is a good or even adequate between the tackles runner

[/QUOTE]

He runs draws, zone stretch running plays etc. He is not a between the tackles runner and he never has been. He will be a beast on screens and other creative passing plays