Drew Bledsoe stabbed Brady in the back on Cowherd

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Drew Bledsoe stabbed Brady in the back on Cowherd

I heard this around 11 am and am working off memory. I wouldn't ever go to espn . slum.

When asked about Manning/Brady:

"Manning is probably the best ever." Said with mild hesitation, those are the words.

Goes on to explain further:

"If you look at how their teams did when they went down...Indy ends up with the #1 overall, NE still gets 11 wins."

Another snippet from my memory:

"As great as Tom Brady is (maybe some vague mention of top 5 ever...not sure), it shows the system in NE is set up to do well regardless..." Again, working off a 2 hour memory delay. Anyone can verufy...probably. Again, f espn, I won't go there and only listen in during commercials...and often regret it. He tried to backtrack and say "if I was making the case for Manning...", but he had previously said "probably best ever"...no backtracking here. Stay accountable for your words...especially when they were spoken moments before.

And, from me, to Drew, about the above point...Really? System? So, Belichick got here in 2000 and you went 5-13 under him (and got 103 million after a 5-11 season...piece of s). Got hurt. Brady steps in and goes 15-3 including that one ring you probably have in a safety deposit box somewhere, hidden away in shame.

System?

Maybe if you spent more time hitting the books, fillm room and gym, instead of crowd surfing, you could've won a few yourself.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Drew Bledsoe stabbed Brady in the back on Cowherd

Clearly, Drew is as smart an analyst as he was a QB.

Unlike many here, I wasn't a huge Drew fan. Rooted for him, but far far far too many stupid picks by him to suit me. But he, along with Parcells, did make a struggling franchise respectable again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think Bledsoe's skill set would have worked in BB's system, which is why they moved on.

I also think Bledsoe was an older era QB who was decade challenged. Not his fault, but when you have cement shoes like a Johnny Unitas or Dan Fouts type, you won't thrive.

Bledsoe's comments seem to point more to BB's coaching and Matt Cassel doing well in 2008, as well as BB the GM providing the environment for a QB to succeed here.

That said, I don't agree with him.   Brady is clearly better than Manning. If stats is all Manning has, the dome, him being spoiled to the moon and back his entire career with Brady not having it every season, showcases Brady with the better overall resume.

Manning continues to chase stats because it's all he truly cares about. It's why Brady folliwing Goimie's  lead in recent years, has been so painful to watch.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree with the Brady part of this statement. Care to state the proof to back this up? other than the old Brady wants to throw 50+ times argument.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

What do you expect? Drew lost his job due to injury, which isn't supposed to happen. Still resents it to this day. Proof is look at how his career took of after he was no longer a Patriot. Wired too tightly so tat he can't handle not winning those SB's on the field. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I heard it too,  it was in the context of BB

I think his way of thinking is flawed at best - not worth even discussing- cause PM's teams sucked when he left but Cassel was 11-5

I heard it with him and this George Bozo on m& M saying that TB had better teams. Umm... part of the team is QB isnt  it? But the 8 "one and dones" when PM was on 1 and 2 seeded teams is always ignored

I looked up Montana's playoff record - 4 "1 and dones" ( 3 in a row). He was .500 in Championship games. Someone said Montana never won a road playoff game.  But his W -L and TDs/ INTS were basically the same as TB

And of course the pro PM fans ignore the Dome effect and PMs lousy record in bad conditions and TB's world best record is ignored. As  PMs  persoanl record agaisnt TB. (Collinsworth said on replay last nite that it makes PM bristle to hear it).

Or that TB has the lowest INT % of all time. They also forget that PM has had consistently more top receivers than TB. These people let themselves get blinded by stats - But they Most forget that

"WE play to win the Game!" = And in W-L TB is the best of all time regular season or Playoff - with the help of  his coach and clutch play. And with more luck he could ahve 2 more SB wins. while PM was bad even in his one winnin SB. - but he did win.

Everyone you hear now is saying tjat this is one of TBs best years - forget the stats. And BB's too. I can live with TB's stats and still take him first

I do have a therory - that since PM is his own OC that he doesnt have the benefit of "synergy" with his coaches. And for all he does pre snap - if he gets confused his INTs go way up. He is alone out there on the field

Cannot wait for this Sunday

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Unlike many here, I wasn't a huge Drew fan. Rooted for him, but far far far too many stupid picks by him to suit me. But he, along with Parcells, did make a struggling franchise respectable again.

[/QUOTE]

when everyone was panicking after Drew went down. I was calm. I had told everyone that year in camp that Brady was gonna take over but wasnt sure how because Drew was such a warrior and lo and behold,  internal bleeding in the chest. Cant get more freak than that. I was very confident going into Indy and we smoked them and folks started to ask "how did you know"

%h*t you not, I told my friend that summer that Brady reminded me of Montana with his coolness, accuracy and skinny legs! 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Bledsoe wasted his talent with his lack of desire. Drew was always more interested in what was going on after the game versus what was going on in it.

He never spent much time here, only what was contractually required.

Now, that was his right, but it's what keeps him out of any of the best ever QB discussions.

And, he was very bitter that TB earned his former position.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

to think, we could have had Ryan Leaf ?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

to think, we could have had Ryan Leaf ?

[/QUOTE]

Wrong draft. Rick Mirer. 1993.

[/QUOTE]

Would anything have been different.......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

when everyone was panicking after Drew went down. I was calm. I had told everyone that year in camp that Brady was gonna take over but wasnt sure how because Drew was such a warrior and lo and behold,  internal bleeding in the chest. Cant get more freak than that. I was very confident going into Indy and we smoked them and folks started to ask "how did you know"

%h*t you not, I told my friend that summer that Brady reminded me of Montana with his coolness, accuracy and skinny legs! 

[/QUOTE]

You called Brady being Brady before Dre went down?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was never a Bledsoe fan.  I think his problem was that he had too many people around him telling him how great his arm was--the result being that Bledsoe seemed to think he could throw the ball into any kind of coverage and always find his target.  I swear it took 5-6 seasons before he figured out that he could throw the ball away, and that sometimes that was the correct play.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

[QUOTE]

You called Brady being Brady before Dre went down?

[/QUOTE]

Triple is in the "everybody sucks" category until they don't, he also told me not to get too excited about Jamie Collins and that neither Sealver Silgia nor any practice squad player was going to help us... The idea that he was optimistic about Brady is a joke.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I heard it too,  it was in the context of BB

I think his way of thinking is flawed at best - not worth even discussing- cause PM's teams sucked when he left but Cassel was 11-5

I heard it with him and this George Bozo on m& M saying that TB had better teams. Umm... part of the team is QB isnt  it? But the 8 "one and dones" when PM was on 1 and 2 seeded teams is always ignored

I looked up Montana's playoff record - 4 "1 and dones" ( 3 in a row). He was .500 in Championship games. Someone said Montana never won a road playoff game.  But his W -L and TDs/ INTS were basically the same as TB

And of course the pro PM fans ignore the Dome effect and PMs lousy record in bad conditions and TB's world best record is ignored. As  PMs  persoanl record agaisnt TB. (Collinsworth said on replay last nite that it makes PM bristle to hear it).

Or that TB has the lowest INT % of all time. They also forget that PM has had consistently more top receivers than TB. These people let themselves get blinded by stats - But they Most forget that

"WE play to win the Game!" = And in W-L TB is the best of all time regular season or Playoff - with the help of  his coach and clutch play. And with more luck he could ahve 2 more SB wins. while PM was bad even in his one winnin SB. - but he did win.

Everyone you hear now is saying tjat this is one of TBs best years - forget the stats. And BB's too. I can live with TB's stats and still take him first

I do have a therory - that since PM is his own OC that he doesnt have the benefit of "synergy" with his coaches. And for all he does pre snap - if he gets confused his INTs go way up. He is alone out there on the field

Cannot wait for this Sunday

[/QUOTE]

Manning is not his own OC. He has autonomy to run the offense as he sees fit during the game, which is similar to what Brady does here.

That's a myth Manning doesn't have an OC.

Now, technically, they might not need an OC, but I also think if they didn't have that soundding board, that second pair of eyes, the administrative aspect of devising the gameplan, the scripted drives to start or hafltime, etc, it would make them worse because they;d be responsible for more of that role.

But, yes, Brady and Manning's OCs are essentially figureheads. 

I don't agree with your theory. I think his INTs go up or haven't been good in the postseason due to ego with him thinking he needs to shine and for him to be the guy, which is why I said Brady has done the same thing.  He has. Brady hasb been Gomie unfortunately so in recent postseasons.

Manning has 1 ring only because he checked the ego at the door and handed it off to the real SB MVPs, the O Line, Addai and Rhodes.

There was an article by Vic Carucci I believe back in 2009 and it went into detail how each Brady and Manning get 2 or 3 plays fed into them to choose from, they pick 2 in the huddle, one likely being an aduible option. So, that means the entire offense has to hear two plays and know what to do if there is an audible.

It was mentioned that Rivers finally got this responsiblity THIS YEAR.  So, since 2009, I would imagine Brees had it, ROdgers, etc.

I am not going to sit here and be a hypocrite like some and babble about Gomie choking, which he has, but also not acknowledge Brady doing the exact same thing in recent postseasons with the full autonomy. Total and outright hypocrisy.

This is why I think the key to this game is really stopping Moreno (and Julius Jones), down the middle, than it is Demarius, Decker or Welkie.  Manning is not going to want to risk INTs in this one. I think they will want to do what they did last week to SD.

I think our front 7 can smack their run game and then eventually force Manning to bite later in the game for an INT or two.

[/QUOTE]

As we have discussed before, TB has definitely had his Oh Schyt  moments, but they all do. To judge a player you have to take the whole body of work.

I think TB and Montana are very much a like - going back to their college days and being able to rally from behind to win. And their  Playoff stats are the same. As I have also said TB has had a game winning  4th qtr drive in all of the SB's - he may have been able to do more earlier in the game- - but it ended up the way it did.

Then too I believe you cannot take away the one HoF level player like Gronk and not have a negative impact. I cannot attribute some of the failures due to ego reasoning. - i just cant- I think to operate under extreme pressure at a high level , thee guys have to ahve a ton of confidence or they would melt right in front of us.

And then too, if you have an offensive philosophy for an entire seson, i dont know how you change for one game?

And as we noted in the BB interview , BB has been meeting with TB 2 times a week since 2001 - This is where I think it is 2 brains vs the one of PM's. I give BB a ton of credit for the development of TB and a ton of credit to TB for working hard at it. And he is only human. A great coach helping a great Player and vice versa

btw  when you went to DH2 i lost your lead to the cap floor column - could you give it again

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to PapaJohn18's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I don't think Bledsoe's skill set would have worked in BB's system, which is why they moved on.

I also think Bledsoe was an older era QB who was decade challenged. Not his fault, but when you have cement shoes like a Johnny Unitas or Dan Fouts type, you won't thrive.

Bledsoe's comments seem to point more to BB's coaching and Matt Cassel doing well in 2008, as well as BB the GM providing the environment for a QB to succeed here.

That said, I don't agree with him.   Brady is clearly better than Manning. If stats is all Manning has, the dome, him being spoiled to the moon and back his entire career with Brady not having it every season, showcases Brady with the better overall resume.

Manning continues to chase stats because it's all he truly cares about. It's why Brady folliwing Goimie's  lead in recent years, has been so painful to watch.

[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I'm wrong but Peyton don't play in a dome anymore. He just had the best season EVER by any QB in the history of the NFL. Last year was one of his best seasons too. How do you explain that? 

He destroyed Brady's TD record and scored the most points EVER by any team in history. 

I live in Denver and I don't see a dome on the stadium when I drive down I25. 

You're gonna have to come up with some new excuses, these are getting old.  Laughing

[/QUOTE]

PJ has a big-time man crush!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am soooo glad that Parcells picked Bledsoe and not Mirer.  But amen on the Bledsoe's Stupid Interceptions.  I'll never forget one of the playoff games in Pittsburg.  It was very late in the game and the Pats were ahead and had the ball.   Drew made an unbelievable pass straight into the hands of a defender who was about 5 yards away with no Patriot receivers in the immediate vicinity.   Pitt scores a touchdown and it's game over.  Just awful. 

I also believe that the magic that he had with Ben Coates contributed to a lot of Drew's initial success and there were many games when he performed great.     I'll never forget when Drew came off the bench and threw a touchdown in relief of TB after Tom was hurt  during the AFC Championship Game in Pittsburg in 2002.  So yes he helped bring respectabilty to the Pats and all and all was a very good QB.  But TB has proven to be much better.

I guess this is one thing we can thank the Jets for.   :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PapaJohn18's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I'm wrong but Peyton don't play in a dome anymore. He just had the best season EVER by any QB in the history of the NFL. Last year was one of his best seasons too. How do you explain that? 

He destroyed Brady's TD record and scored the most points EVER by any team in history. 

I live in Denver and I don't see a dome on the stadium when I drive down I25. 

You're gonna have to come up with some new excuses, these are getting old.  Laughing

[/QUOTE]

PJ has a big-time man crush!

[/QUOTE]

Please look at Gomer's record in the cold - it sux

As already stated here - Marino, then Brady, (then Gomer I added) , then Gomer 2014

The rules have changed so much they are just not comparable

Sections
Shortcuts