drop a note

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

drop a note

if you enjoyed ESPN Boston and Rodak, drop him a note and wish him well. he is moving on...he did a great job.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: drop a note

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

if you enjoyed ESPN Boston and Rodak, drop him a note and wish him well. he is moving on...he did a great job.

What did he even do? I always knew he was way too young.  Would love to know his political connection as a college kid to get a job in analyzing the NFL/Pats. At least Yates is a former scout, even with limited experience.

I don't think Rodak even played football.  Shows how weak ESPN has become.

We have college kids with internships using an anti-BB angle and pretending we're supposed to use that as an inside beat in analyzing our team?

Pathetic, really. Nothing personal towards him, as anyone would love to be handed an internship in a cupcake situation like that, but it's clear he was limited and very immature. I remember reading his roster projections every August and laughing.

I also noticed ESPN Boston changed their format last week to needind a Facebook account? Looks like another poor decision by ESPN. The regulars over there are enraged.  BB won't be posting anymore. bawhahah

"My Face" and "Space Book"

Pricless.

get help

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Rusty, I really don't know what to say. Rodak has done a great job at ESPNB, and has made the blog readable, along with Yates and Reiss. One of the few outlets that gives an objective analysis. 

Let's go Pats!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

What's with the Facebook requirement?  Guess there's some kind of financial arrangement between them.  

I would imagine the volume of comments will be reduced to a very small percentage of what it was. Even if you pay ESPN to be an "insider" you still can't post without a FB account? 

Personally I wouldn't start a FB account at gunpoint.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Oh, I see. So, you tell us to drop a note to some college kid when I asked you what he did there, but you can't even answer that simple question?

Nice backpedal.

If all he did there was search the web for data to use in analysis from Reiss and Yates, well then, congrats on knowing how to use Google, Mike Rodak. He's probably "moving on" because there is no real role for him there with Reiss.

Rodak is no different than your buddy Mike Loyko.  They're kids who are wannabe journalists who may or may not have graduated college yet. Late to the party with analysis and they don't cover the important factors. Not a good combo.

I would have had more respect for his work if he brought more data to the table with regards to our crappy offense in recent postseasons and went into an in depth analysis with the facts on those realities. He's young and it's not personal, but he has a LOT to learn to earn a career in that kind of a role.

Reiss does a great job, Yates is pretty good but he too still ignores Brady's poor postseasons lately and Rodak was useless.

he is filling the ESPN role in Buffalo. I guess some one thought he did a good job

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

What's with the Facebook requirement?  Guess there's some kind of financial arrangement between them.  

Bingo! Did you see the Facebook earnings yesterday?

I would imagine the volume of comments will be reduced to a very small percentage of what it was. Even if you pay ESPN to be an "insider" you still can't post without a FB account? 

I dont think that ESPN cares about that part...lets face it, the comments were even worse than the bickering on BDC

Agreed!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

Bingo! Did you see the Facebook earnings yesterday?

I dont think that ESPN cares about that part...lets face it, the comments were even worse than the bickering on BDC

Agreed!

I did see the stock went crazy this morning, didn't pay it much attention (I don't have any). What I did hear was that it was based on ad revenue and they're inundating the users with more and more ads, a la youtube. Even more reason to avoid it like poison.

Never really understood the attraction. If I want to share pictures with someone, there's less intrusive ways.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Oh, I see. So, you tell us to drop a note to some college kid when I asked you what he did there, but you can't even answer that simple question?

Nice backpedal.

If all he did there was search the web for data to use in analysis from Reiss and Yates, well then, congrats on knowing how to use Google, Mike Rodak. He's probably "moving on" because there is no real role for him there with Reiss.

Rodak is no different than your buddy Mike Loyko.  They're kids who are wannabe journalists who may or may not have graduated college yet. Late to the party with analysis and they don't cover the important factors. Not a good combo.

I would have had more respect for his work if he brought more data to the table with regards to our crappy offense in recent postseasons and went into an in depth analysis with the facts on those realities. He's young and it's not personal, but he has a LOT to learn to earn a career in that kind of a role.

Reiss does a great job, Yates is pretty good but he too still ignores Brady's poor postseasons lately and Rodak was useless.

he is filling the ESPN role in Buffalo. I guess some one thought he did a good job

Now there's a promotion for ya. Next stop Oakland? or Jacksonville??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Ah-Freakin-men to your last sentence! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

A lot of sites use facebook as a sign in.  Not only for the obvious resaons but it provides a legit verification source of it's users.  They don't want users who set up fake or temperary email accounts.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

A lot of sites use facebook as a sign in.  Not only for the obvious resaons but it provides a legit verification source of it's users.  They don't want users who set up fake or temperary email accounts.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

But this is for folks who want to leave comments. What does it matter who they are or where they're from or if they're anonymous? It's just a comment. Besides, you can set up a fake Facebook account just as easily.  Last I heard they weren't stopping by your house to verify your identity on FB.  

This is about money.  Not sure exactly what the deal is but rest assured it's about money, not anything else. FB wants people to sign up so they pay ESPN for new users or for traffic, or give them free ads or whatever. Something like that. Same with the other sites that use FB. There's a quid pro quo arrangement, they don't do it because they like FB or for security.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Nice backpedal.

In what sense is Buffalo ever a step up?  You've got to be kidding me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

In what sense is Buffalo ever a step up?  You've got to be kidding me.

Probably for more responsibility and money. Makes sense if thats the reason. He's moving up in his career.

Yeah, I get that, but Boston -> Buffalo is not a move I'd make without getting ready for my next job.  

Sections
Shortcuts