DT depth...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

DT depth...

Why worry? We have Jesse Williams...oh, that's right, we passed on him because...

Why did we pass on him again?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: DT depth...

Because he had a bad knee.  Why do you think he went in the 5th round?  Knees are no joke on DL (see Fanene, Jonathan).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Because he had a bad knee.  Why do you think he went in the 5th round?  Knees are no joke on DL (see Fanene, Jonathan).

You mean the same knee he injured in the SEC Championship? Only to play on it in the BCS championship? The guy was Vince Wilfork 2.0, can't believe we didn't draft him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

You mean the same knee he injured in the SEC Championship? Only to play on it in the BCS championship? The guy was Vince Wilfork 2.0, can't believe we didn't draft him.

If he was VW 2.0 why did he go in the 5th if the knee wasn't a red flag?  Also he is nowhere as good as VW was coming out of school.  VW was way more polished as a pass rusher.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

To follow up on my last post.  VW was considered to be a top 10 talent coming out of Miami with questions about his weight and work ethic.  Top 10 talents don't fall to the 5th round regardless of injury red flags.  The fact that Williams fell to the 5th means he was a 3rd or 4th round talent with a knee injury or a 2nd round talent with a potentially chronic knee problem.  Neither is close to VW in 2004.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Rather arrogant post, if I don't say so myself.

I'll trust the expertise of Belichick and the other 31 GMs who chose not to draft the guy until the 5th round, over your self-acclaimed knowledge.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

I'll trust the expertise of Belichick and the other 31 GMs who chose not to draft the guy until the 5th round, over your self-acclaimed knowledge.

these are the same GM's who passed on Brady until the 6th right? Not saying Williams is going to be a tp 3 ll time DL but just saying sometimes they are wrong too

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

these are the same GM's who passed on Brady until the 6th right? Not saying Williams is going to be a tp 3 ll time DL but just saying sometimes they are wrong too

They have X-rays to help make that decision. Brady went in the 6 th cause of what he looked like running the 40 at the combine lol.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

The knee and the fact that he's kinda of an odd character.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Right now there are just six 300+ pound DLs on the roster:

• Cherrington at 335
    • Wilfork at 325
    • Kelly at 325
    • Grissom at 316
    • Forston at 305
    • Armstead at 298 (well, just a 32 oz rib eye away from 300 lbs)

Next heaviest guy is Vellano at 285, then Francis at 270. There are seven guys in the 250s and 260s.

Not sure exactly what to make of this, but BB seems to be getting away from Warren-Wilfork-Seymour size and favouring smaller, quicker DLs.  May still be considering a 3-4, but maybe not the old two gap 3-4 he was famous for.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

• Cherrington at 335
    • Wilfork at 325
    • Kelly at 325
    • Grissom at 316
    • Forston at 305

Next heaviest guy is Vellano at 285, then Francis at 270. There are seven guys in the 250s and 260s.

Not sure exactly what to make of this, but BB seems to be getting away from Warren-Wilfork-Seymour size and favouring smaller, quicker DLs.  May still be considering a 3-4, but maybe not the old two gap 3-4 he was famous for.

on 34 he likes his DEs 300+. So you need three startes plus depth.

On 43, they only need two 300+ starters plus depth.

So I think they will stay 43.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

• Cherrington at 335
    • Wilfork at 325
    • Kelly at 325
    • Grissom at 316
    • Forston at 305

Last season only Love, Deaderick and VW actually saw any playing time and I believe Forston was the only other guy to make the active roster at some point even though he never suited up.  Not really a wholesale change if you consider Armstead and Kelly as replacements for the two guys gone.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Wow 49, your getting tag teamed by a couple of Rusty's.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

This post has been removed by me.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

THe mods clearly scan and monitor the threads because what I said to Tcal was clearly not worthy of some kind of a censoring whatsoever.

So, why can't the mods realize who the trolls are?  What is the problem?

Yeah, it seems they have a quick trigger tonight.  That's why I removed a few of my post.  Later man.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

i believe the base defense will remain the 3-4, though just like years gone by they will also play some 4-3 and in the odd alignment of the 3-2-6 just the way BB mixes up his alignments.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Why worry? We have Jesse Williams...oh, that's right, we passed on him because...

Why did we pass on him again?

Same reason why they passed on Barrett Jones wobbly knees... besides they found another big beefy guy from Mississippi State ! Cherrington who weighs just a shade less than a pack mule!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The tinkering is on going. They will tweak right up to September. I, and others, have been hoping for a return to a more 3-4 defense and will be glad to see it happen.

And....even though I ate crow, I still believe Mallett is heading somewhere before September and may well bring a DL in exchange. I still remain convinced that ML/BB already have a Mallett deal worked out and are waiting for Cleveland to get something for Weeden.....

Plus, don't forget lot's of training camp cuts yet to come where BB likes to go shopping...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Plus, don't forget lot's of training camp cuts yet to come where BB likes to go shopping...

You are not the only aging so n so on this board who sees it that way, sir.

Sections
Shortcuts