DT Kelly restructures

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

DT Kelly restructures

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss 39s

Patriots DT Tommy Kelly restructures his contract, creates about $800k in cap space for Patriots. http://es.pn/1knyd69  (by @FieldYates).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: DT Kelly restructures

Take notes, big Vince.

Would rather keep Kelly, anyway. Played better last season while healthy, and provides a pass-rush and length/height in the middle of the line, something that Vince didn't offer.

Cut Vince, keep Kelly, sign a free-agent DL and draft another. We'll be sitting pretty.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Well now we know. This is not much difference than keeping Rodney and telling Lawyer to go work for a new form. I liked the results that season. Lets hope for the same!

This is actually great news. Tells me is healthy and wants to win..  Thats what years in Oakland will do for ya....and Vince on the other hand....welll he won a ring as a rookie...

You do the math!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Take notes, big Vince.

Would rather keep Kelly, anyway. Played better last season while healthy, and provides a pass-rush and length/height in the middle of the line, something that Vince didn't offer.

Cut Vince, keep Kelly, sign a free-agent DL and draft another. We'll be sitting pretty.

Don't forget though that a healthy wilfork means that many times two opposing OL are on Wilfork; which can complement a pass rusher's productivity.  During the Patriots SB glory years; the Patriots always had a big fat/athetic guy in the middle. Complementary football.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

Any details, did take pay cut, extend his deal or change amount guaranteed?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The deal was restructured so that only 100K is guaranteed and a large portion of the value now depends on playing time.  The max value didn't change.  Basically it allows the Patriots to see if he is even healthy at all before the season (allowing them to cut him if he sucks preseason) and then only have to pay him the full amount if he plays like he did before the injury.  It is hugely team friendly and means he wants to stay here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Glad they were able to do this with Kelly. He is a decent player (but not a centerpiece type player). We need guys like him.

With Revis and this restructure it just reinforces what I think we need to do going forward: upgrade the O line and D line to be more dominant. We need the next Seymour (or Vinny) who can be THE MAN to anchor the front seven. We need to upgrade C and/or RG.

Beyond that it would be good to improve SS and 2nd TE. FOr 2nd TE I would prefer to get another all around TE who can block very well but also catch well. I would lean towards emphasizing the blocking but not to the extent the player is only fair as a receiver. A solid all around TE. Then if Gronk is out we have a REAL TE to use and if Gronk is healthy we can have a real double TE set that can still pass but also is a moster to run with.

I dont overlook WR but I suspect Dobson will be a solid WR this year and Thompkins as well but of a bit diferent style. Add Amendola as a slot and we have a decent trio. Add a FA and/or sign Edelman and perhaps a late round flyer on a WR.

But for me bottom line is first to focus on making our lines dominant. THat was what made both SF and Seattle these last 2 years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

More proof that Lard Azz Vinny and his puppet master fat wife are ca$h driven scuuum

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:

Yep. I posted an article about Kelly willing to do anything to stay.  Kinda sucks Vince doesn't get it.

+1, alot of that attitude from Kelly has to do with him knowing, hey i already took a ton of the raiders $$, we just got Revis if I help out I can get a ring. Lets do this"

all those years sucking w Oakland had to aid that decision

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

The deal was restructured so that only 100K is guaranteed and a large portion of the value now depends on playing time.  The max value didn't change.  Basically it allows the Patriots to see if he is even healthy at all before the season (allowing them to cut him if he sucks preseason) and then only have to pay him the full amount if he plays like he did before the injury.  It is hugely team friendly and means he wants to stay here.

Yep. I posted an article about Kelly willing to do anything to stay.  Kinda sucks Vince doesn't get it.

Yes, he'll do anything to stay.... or to get a check from any team.  It's amazing to see all these players dying to play for the 2004 superbowl champs.  Anything to player for a winner of 10 years ago...... bwahhahahahaahhahaaaha!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

+1, alot of that attitude from Kelly has to do with him knowing, hey i already took a ton of the raiders $$, we just got Revis if I help out I can get a ring. Lets do this"

Yep. Love it.  Love it.

Also, I find it suspicious Adrian Wilson hasn't been released or announced his retirement. I would imagine this Browner thing will figure into that situation. I think BB is trying to sell Browner on moving to SS, along with playing CB.

That SS idea would affect Wilson's situation.

Hey, Queenie, last year Wilson was "the best safety on the FA market".  Where does he rank this year?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:

Yep. Love it.  Love it.

Also, I find it suspicious Adrian Wilson hasn't been released or announced his retirement. I would imagine this Browner thing will figure into that situation. I think BB is trying to sell Browner on moving to SS, along with playing CB.

Hey, Queenie, last year Wilson was "the best safety on the FA market".  Where does he rank this year?

Hey, Bustchise, tell us...has Kellen "vasoline hands" Winslow signed his (ahem) "EXTENSION"?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Normally I'd say...just cut vince, but has anyone seen the potential free agent defensive tackles available? Not too good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Bwahahaha!  He really said that?  What a goof!  The guy is delusional!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Yep. Love it.  Love it.

Hey, Bustchise, tell us...has Kellen "vasoline hands" Winslow signed his (ahem) "EXTENSION"?

Your obsession with Kellen and his hands is second only to Queenie's obsession with little girl's panties and Tebow's sex life.  Both are creepy.  Why do you love ex patsie Winslow so much?  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Yep. Love it.  Love it.

Your obsession with Kellen and his hands is second only to Queenie's obsession with little girl's panties and Tebow's sex life.  Both are creepy.  Why do you love ex patsie Winslow so much?  

Hey, Bustchise, tell us...has NY Jet TE Kellen "vasoline hands" Winslow signed his (ahem) "EXTENSION"?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

Listen here, Bustchise, nobody is falling for your little game.  But to answer your question, yes, he said that.  Everyone BB signs is "the best" according to Queenie.  Queenie is already on record claiming that Decker is overpaid and overrated and that Amendola is much better.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Normally I'd say...just cut vince, but has anyone seen the potential free agent defensive tackles available? Not too good.

So true.  I'm sure Billy's offer wasn't very good, insulted old Vince and now Vince is mad wanting to leave.  I don't blame him.  Pay the contract they both agreed to and get him on the field!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Listen here, Bustchise, nobody is falling for your little game.  But to answer your question, yes, he said that.  Everyone BB signs is "the best" according to Queenie.  Queenie is already on record claiming that Decker is overpaid and overrated and that Amendola is much better.

Hey, Bustchise, tell us...has NY Jet TE Kellen "vasoline hands" Winslow signed his (ahem) "EXTENSION"?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

Yep. Love it.  Love it.

Hey, Bustchise, tell us...has Kellen "vasoline hands" Winslow signed his (ahem) "EXTENSION"?

Looks like a bit of a stutttering problem, Melron.  As usual, you are incapable of anything but complete dickishness.  You had one shot, LoooooooSIR.  IGNORE.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

So true.  I'm sure Billy's offer wasn't very good, insulted old Vince and now Vince is mad wanting to leave.  I don't blame him.  Pay the contract they both agreed to and get him on the field!

Hey, Bustchise, tell us...has NY Jet TE Kellen "vasoline hands" Winslow signed his (ahem) "EXTENSION"?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Yep. Love it.  Love it.

Hey, Bustchise, tell us...has Kellen "vasoline hands" Winslow signed his (ahem) "EXTENSION"?

Looks like a bit of a stutttering problem, Melron.  As usual, you are incapable of anything but complete dickishness.  You had one shot, LoooooooSIR.  IGNORE.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

Players rarely return from those injuries. Old and fat players never do.  Cut him and get over it.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Players rarely return from those injuries. Old and fat players never do.  Cut him and get over it.   

And the Jets never win anything...not in 44 years...and counting...

BUSTCHISE (MileHighMike) plays  BUSTCHISE (UncleRico)

So I'll ask you BOTH, BUSTCHISE.......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Glad they were able to do this with Kelly. He is a decent player (but not a centerpiece type player). We need guys like him.

With Revis and this restructure it just reinforces what I think we need to do going forward: upgrade the O line and D line to be more dominant. We need the next Seymour (or Vinny) who can be THE MAN to anchor the front seven. We need to upgrade C and/or RG.

Beyond that it would be good to improve SS and 2nd TE. FOr 2nd TE I would prefer to get another all around TE who can block very well but also catch well. I would lean towards emphasizing the blocking but not to the extent the player is only fair as a receiver. A solid all around TE. Then if Gronk is out we have a REAL TE to use and if Gronk is healthy we can have a real double TE set that can still pass but also is a moster to run with.

I dont overlook WR but I suspect Dobson will be a solid WR this year and Thompkins as well but of a bit diferent style. Add Amendola as a slot and we have a decent trio. Add a FA and/or sign Edelman and perhaps a late round flyer on a WR.

But for me bottom line is first to focus on making our lines dominant. THat was what made both SF and Seattle these last 2 years.

[/QUOTE

good post
    We are on the same page here Pro

Sections
Shortcuts