DT or CB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

DT or CB

Both are needs, Pats have two picks, so they could potantially fill both needs. What position would you rather see them fill if they only fill one?

For me, it's going to be the big guy on the dline. Get someone to eat up blocks, and just imagine Spikes, Mayo and Hightower running wild!

and I just can't get excited with BB drafting a CB anymore haha

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: DT or CB

probably the d-lineman but i will be happy with either. some of the problems for the patriots corners was that despite increasing their sack totals they didn't get much pressure. it seems like quarterbacks at times sit back all day waiting for the receiver to get open. at some point they will get wide open, its almost impossible to stick on a man the whole time. It also seems on most downs brady has to get rid of the ball quickly, luckily brady is great at that, reads the defense quickly.

so yes, another d-lineman that can pressure would really help the corner play. it would be nice if they trade up and get both, that would ice it and potentially put the patriots at a top 5 defense. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I wanted a DT but an elite one. I'm not sure there's anything left that's not mid level type and the Pats have plenty of those. But I would go safety. Chung is the only decent safety and he doesn't have much contract left. McCourty and Dowling have time, and Arrington was the best CB they had last year so it's a lower priority for me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: DT or CB:
    I wanted a DT but an elite one. I'm not sure there's anything left that's not mid level type and the Pats have plenty of those. But I would go safety. Chung is the only decent safety and he doesn't have much contract left. McCourty and Dowling have time, and Arrington was the best CB they had last year so it's a lower priority for me.
    Posted by shenanigan

true that... I don't really know who's left but would imagine that the best d-lineman are gone. their are surely a couple of diamonds in the rough but of course those guys are hard to spot. At this point I'm happy with anyone who can upgrade the d even more.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejb222. Show ejb222's posts

there isn't anything really left at Saftey either...your best bet is CB...there are still several ballers out there. But BB knows better the we do ;)
    I like someone big Trumaine Johnson has been mentioned alot...I don't know alot about him. Anyone have an opinion? going to go look up some highlights.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In 2009 Big Vince played in 58.4% of defensive snaps
    In 2010 Big Vince played in 66.3% of defensive snaps
    In 2011 Big Vince played in 86.2% of defensive snaps

I think this answers your question.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Yeah, the drop off in safety after Barron and Smith is tremendous, I can't see them using a 2nd on the safeties remaining.

I know there are good corners left, not sure about DT...if there are no good DTs left, i'd be fine with a CB, but I think DT is a bigger need if a player of interest is available. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Depending who are taken before the Pats's pick.   Less DT taken, higher chance for Patriots to draft DT.  Got to wait for 15 picks goes by, and then PAtriots will go from there. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

DT and Safety

Hopefully Still at DT and Iloka or Kendricks at Strong Safety if everything falls our way...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Kendal Reyes at 47 and George Iioka at 62.

Sections
Shortcuts