DUCK DYNASTY.. thoughts? i say "well-played" by all sides!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Free-UB. Show Free-UB's posts

DUCK DYNASTY.. thoughts? i say "well-played" by all sides!

must admit that the first i ever even heard of the show was when this jabriach was suspended and Fox wouldnt let it rest with the USUAL SUSPECTS LIKE palin yapping without even reading the actual facts of the specific case or article. you can tell a lot about a person by who defends or attacks them. after actually reading the actual facts, it became clear that although reprehensible, enough of the banning of peeps merely for having dissenting orthodox opinions. yep the current zeitgeist is that gays should b allowed to marry AND brothas like me are untouchable to any criticism or public accountabilty (u know, slavery/jim crow apartheid trumps everything else). i say gays should have all the mainstream rights and headaches of everyone else including the fourth ring of SUFFER-ring..

bottom line for many reasons is that many arent down with all that. heck, many still reject roe vs wade, miscenegation/interracial dating and marriage, that obama was born here or not a communist.. on and on. heck, i'm sure u can find scientists to fight over whether the earth is in fact flat or not in fact the center of the earth as the perfect good book said it was, immaculately written and perfected it apparently is and all..bottom line, 9 day rest period was smart PR. guy's already on vaca.. yep, really hurt him.. not! but was good PR.

morality would come in if his show was in the middle of the pack in ratings like with alec baldwin or martin bashir and it was not so inconvenient to get rid of him. hey, blacks and gays together are only 15% of the population... and i'm willing to bet far less than that in the duckies demos. thats how capitalistic democracies work. its sad that in 21st century, a guy like this gets to b in an influential position but it is what it is. he has to write to disagree with orthodoxy. i'm sure many do in private as well. the other side has to pressure the advertisers, put him on notice, adn make sure the networks grasp the line.

if u look and think like that, (unless ur Rick Rubin) seriously.. y r u even talking to GQ, rolling stone or any clearly hip-left mag. go talk to Fox and whatever a right wing mag may be.. perhaps the Blaze or something else on the fringe.. they will protect ya. again, i totally disagree with his sentiments but he has a right to share them, as others have the right to bring in some left-heat in reaction to them. well-played by all sides incl not elevating the grievance hustler Jesse j.

its not censorship or a first amendment issue either way if the gov isnt involved (which they werent). one corp interviewed and published him, another chose to stick with him in same way they let go of others in the past. thats FREEDOM!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: DUCK DYNASTY.. thoughts? i say

Are we tying this to football as Phil was a qB in college?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Oregon Ducks

I haven't watched the show.  I have enough to worry about with Todd Hoffman and the trammel.  TV is pretty mind numbing these days.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Yeah because with a 300-600 million dollar healthcare website that doesn't work, the crashing dollar, war on multiple fronts, a Dept Of Homeland Security that is amassing an army, motorized weapons, an endless supply of ammunition to use against it's own citizens and concentration camps strategically scattered around the country I'm sure what a bunch of fake redneck crackers who pretend to be dumber than they really are on TV matters...

Boy for a contrarian you sure take up the most BS distractions the powers that be offer up and leave the actual issues alone don't you?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Yeah because with a 300-600 million dollar healthcare website that doesn't work, the crashing dollar, war on multiple fronts, a Dept Of Homeland Security that is amassing an army, motorized weapons, an endless supply of ammunition to use against it's own citizens and concentration camps strategically scattered around the country I'm sure what a bunch of fake redneck crackers who pretend to be dumber than they really are on TV matters...

Boy for a contrarian you sure take up the most BS distractions the powers that be offer up and leave the actual issues alone don't you?

So true Woz...most don't realize that they are Millonaires from the family's Duck Call business so stupid hicks they ain't.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

Palin is a moron.  As are the racist and ignorant duck dynasty morons.

I wouldn't call them racist, as I belive one of phils grandkids is adopted and is black.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

Palin is a moron.  As are the racist and ignorant duck dynasty morons.

I wouldn't call them racist, as I belive one of phils grandkids is adopted and is black.

But that doesn't fit the liberal agenda, so it is an unimportant, minor detail.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

The "liberal agenda" is an invention of the establishment to keep Americans bickering over some perceived dichotomy that doesn't really exist, left vs right, liberal vs conservative, dem vs republican.... We're all Americans, either we're in this boat together or we'll sink together because we're too busy arguing over nonsense to bail water out of the boat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

concentration camps strategically scattered around the country 

Can you provide some evidence of this?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

The Orgeon Ducks are an overrated college team with ugly uniforms (liberals?), but I predict they will beat the Texas Longhorns (Tea Party loyalists?) in the Alamo Bowl. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

The only reason this ever made news is the guy who made the comments is a WHITE CHRISTIAN MALE. If a woman or a male of any other ethnicity or faith made the comments, it never would have made news because in this PC world only White Christian Males can be criticised.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Free-UB's comment:

must admit that the first i ever even heard of the show was when this jabriach was suspended and Fox wouldnt let it rest with the USUAL SUSPECTS LIKE palin yapping without even reading the actual facts of the specific case or article. you can tell a lot about a person by who defends or attacks them. after actually reading the actual facts, it became clear that although reprehensible, enough of the banning of peeps merely for having dissenting orthodox opinions. yep the current zeitgeist is that gays should b allowed to marry AND brothas like me are untouchable to any criticism or public accountabilty (u know, slavery/jim crow apartheid trumps everything else). i say gays should have all the mainstream rights and headaches of everyone else including the fourth ring of SUFFER-ring..

bottom line for many reasons is that many arent down with all that. heck, many still reject roe vs wade, miscenegation/interracial dating and marriage, that obama was born here or not a communist.. on and on. heck, i'm sure u can find scientists to fight over whether the earth is in fact flat or not in fact the center of the earth as the perfect good book said it was, immaculately written and perfected it apparently is and all..bottom line, 9 day rest period was smart PR. guy's already on vaca.. yep, really hurt him.. not! but was good PR.

morality would come in if his show was in the middle of the pack in ratings like with alec baldwin or martin bashir and it was not so inconvenient to get rid of him. hey, blacks and gays together are only 15% of the population... and i'm willing to bet far less than that in the duckies demos. thats how capitalistic democracies work. its sad that in 21st century, a guy like this gets to b in an influential position but it is what it is. he has to write to disagree with orthodoxy. i'm sure many do in private as well. the other side has to pressure the advertisers, put him on notice, adn make sure the networks grasp the line.

if u look and think like that, (unless ur Rick Rubin) seriously.. y r u even talking to GQ, rolling stone or any clearly hip-left mag. go talk to Fox and whatever a right wing mag may be.. perhaps the Blaze or something else on the fringe.. they will protect ya. again, i totally disagree with his sentiments but he has a right to share them, as others have the right to bring in some left-heat in reaction to them. well-played by all sides incl not elevating the grievance hustler Jesse j.

its not censorship or a first amendment issue either way if the gov isnt involved (which they werent). one corp interviewed and published him, another chose to stick with him in same way they let go of others in the past. thats FREEDOM!

u mean Greatest PR Stunt ever? Maybe...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

The "liberal agenda" is an invention of the establishment to keep Americans bickering over some perceived dichotomy that doesn't really exist, left vs right, liberal vs conservative, dem vs republican.... We're all Americans, either we're in this boat together or we'll sink together because we're to busy arguing over nonsense to bail water out of the boat.

This is correct. Most of the "issues" that are contentious between "liberals" and "conservatives" are either already decided or not apt to be decided at a federal level. Abortion is not going to go away anytime soon no matter who is elected. "Gay rights" largely are being decided at a state level with the feds showing little interest in imposing its will regarding the matter. Meanwhile the two sides haggle over a few hundred billion here and there while they crap away trillions on wars and financial shenanigans.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

u mean Greatest PR Stunt ever? Maybe...

I suspect this could be the case.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

WOZZY

Thanks for re-setting the frame. Most of us are on this site because we don't want to face the real issues of: continual wars, poverty among our own people, increasing class and economic divisions, demoralization that individuals can effect the government, increasing government surveilance by a so-called liberal/progressive president that curtails dissent. We are here pretending we are powerful as we throw out suggestions for the Pats and the NFL but we are really quite powerless in the big scheme of things. That is, until we decide to stick together and fight together for what is right and fair for everyone. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

I agree with uniting and winning with sheer numbers, grassroots activism etc...but don't agree about being "powerless". Never underestimate the power of the individual

WOZZY

Thanks for re-setting the frame. Most of us are on this site because we don't want to face the real issues of: continual wars, poverty among our own people, increasing class and economic divisions, demoralization that individuals can effect the government, increasing government surveilance by a so-called liberal/progressive president that curtails dissent. We are here pretending we are powerful as we throw out suggestions for the Pats and the NFL but we are really quite powerless in the big scheme of things. That is, until we decide to stick together and fight together for what is right and fair for everyone. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Google FEMA camps, then tell me whenever you've seen camps built on closed former military bases with barbed wire facing inward that were built to keep people out not in.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

spouting uneducated bigotry off the top of your head isn't well played whatsoever. The "Duck" views on gays and women are extremely ill-informed and are not about tolerance in the least.

I'm sick of peeps who claim to espouse freedom but then want to take it away from others.

Palin tried to turn this into a free speech issue. You can say whatever you want (almost), but there has always been consequences for such. These days if you want to spout prejudice against other kinds of people you may face a consequence unlike 100 years ago. Some bigots don't like that. 

I wouldn't say any of it is well played but a bunch of reality stars - like ZZ Top but without any of the talent or dues-paying - are doing pretty well financially for no good reason I can see.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Google FEMA camps, then tell me whenever you've seen camps built on closed former military bases with barbed wire facing inward that were built to keep people out not in.

I took your advice.

First link that comes up is this one which debunks the theory:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/FEMA_concentration_camps

It sounds like you've bought into the Jesse Ventura, et al Conspiracy Theory narrative which has also been systematically debunked.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I took your advice.

First link that comes up is this one which debunks the theory:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/FEMA_concentration_camps

It sounds like you've bought into the Jesse Ventura, et al Conspiracy Theory narrative which has also been systematically debunked.

Way to dig deep, this website also clearly states there is a bill (H.R. 645) that involves camps for humanitarian assistance for disasters, what it doesn't show or mention is the miles of coffins, barricades, barbed wire etc built to intern people, keep them locked in.  Nor does it mention the 1.6 billion rounds of ammo and personnel carriers Homeland Security has bought in the last year or why they need this kind of firepower.

This has actually been confirmed/videotaped in the hundred plus links after this "rational wiki" that convienantly sits on top of google.  Nothing about this has been debunked at all.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2013/03/11/1-6-billion-rounds-of-ammo-for-homeland-security-its-time-for-a-national-conversation/

or maybe Forbes also fell for Jesse Ventura's trickery?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Only heard of the show in passing, and mand m were dressed that way a few weeks ago

Not interested before and not now

Not a government issue so not 1st amendment issue

They allow all sorts of krap on reality tv , a lot probably not good for the culture, but if people want to listen nothing to stop them The bigger hypocracy  was AE suspending him and then running a duck marathon

or that they were doing it to protect the any gay workers at AE. Really then why did they start the series to begin with? 

Not a great day for GLAAd either. 

true Christians I know, are not the people as painted by the left. And they are not haters, just people who believe that certain actions are a sin.

But then we hear the Alec Bldwins, big ed and bashir types spew real hatred and some how still will have careers. Just like the Kennedy and bill Clinton war on women get away with krap

So like Duck watch it, Don't like Duck don't

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Overblown due to an over sensitized day we live in. Should the man have said that? No, he should keep his beliefs to himself.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Wiki?  Wiki? and someone is giving this credibility. Good grief Charley Brown!

There is a liberal agenda in the media....and a Conservative one too.  I'm a centrist sick of both extremist sides trying to tell me what's right. 

Anyone taking Duck Dynasty seriously need to view 60 continuous hours of the Kardasians as punishment. 

Sections
Shortcuts