DUCK DYNASTY.. thoughts? i say "well-played" by all sides!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Re: DUCK DYNASTY.. thoughts? i say

As the saying goes...you have every right to be offended.  You have no right not to be offended.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I lost 2 personal friends in Vietnam and a 3rd to cancer at age 53 from likely agent Orange exposure....all from a mess started by Kennedy and escalated by Johnson by the phony Tonkin Gulf lie.

That being said both parties have involved us in things we probably should have passed on....if you think either party has our best interest in mind then well....

I watched the whole JFK event and remember it well....sure the case for Oswald has been made well but you gotta wonder sometimes...

Who hated JFK...the Soviets and the Mafia

The Soviets for our involment in Cuba and the Bay of Pigs and the Mafia for what they considered a double cross by JFK as it was the Mafia that rigged the Chicago election to give it to JFK.

So JFK gets taken out by a guy who defected to the Soviet Union only to come back with a Russian bride....and take a job just 6 weeks before the assassination...in the Texas Book Building...

One story has it someone within the Dallas PD was supposed to take out Oswald after the assination....

But then Ruby, so upset over the loss of JFK, takes out Oswald...seems legit..but...Ruby has ties to the Dallas Mafia....of course he would...

Who knows...well that's it for my trip over to the dark side today....

Oh....the chemical weapons the Syrians are killing their people with....came from Iraq...without question.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

The Clinton years seem like a golden age compared with what the States have had since . . .

Nonsense. W had his real estate bubble, just like Clinton had the dotcom bubble. Poor Obama needs a bubble!

He's got one it's called the 

fed bubble

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

Yeah, but for years, the better educated (particularly those with advanced degrees) have tended to vote Democratic. The Republican vote is more middle of the road when it comes to education.  Democrats tend to get the high end and the low end education-wise. Republicans do better with the middle of the education spectrum.  There is, though, quite a bit of overlap in all demographics, so it's maybe misleading to conclude too much based on averages. 

That's because liberals permeate academia. For them, it is often an end unto itself. Conservatives tend to acquire only the education needed to make $$$.

The education level of a certain party means little in assessing their level of wisdom.

Agree fully.  Personally, I think that speaks well for the liberals.  I'm sure others will have a different point of view.  Different values. Different world views.  Personally, I'm more impressed with people who pursue knowledge for knowledge's sake than with those who pursue it simply for the money. Others, of course, will admire those who go for the dough. 

Coming from a person who is in Canada for the money!!!!

So what do you do for a living?  Collect Social Security?

Trade stocks. no SS

Are you a broker or do you trade for yourself?

myself

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yeah, but for years, the better educated (particularly those with advanced degrees) have tended to vote Democratic. The Republican vote is more middle of the road when it comes to education.  Democrats tend to get the high end and the low end education-wise. Republicans do better with the middle of the education spectrum.  There is, though, quite a bit of overlap in all demographics, so it's maybe misleading to conclude too much based on averages. 

That's because liberals permeate academia. For them, it is often an end unto itself. Conservatives tend to acquire only the education needed to make $$$.

The education level of a certain party means little in assessing their level of wisdom.

Agree fully.  Personally, I think that speaks well for the liberals.  I'm sure others will have a different point of view.  Different values. Different world views.  Personally, I'm more impressed with people who pursue knowledge for knowledge's sake than with those who pursue it simply for the money. Others, of course, will admire those who go for the dough. 

Coming from a person who is in Canada for the money!!!!

So what do you do for a living?  Collect Social Security?

Trade stocks. no SS

Are you a broker or do you trade for yourself?

myself

That's cool.  Was just curious. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

Obama sucks, the Bushs sucked and Clinton sucked. Actually, the only presidents I might call good since WW2 are Reagan, Ike and JFK.

+1

How can a tea party person support Reagan. He basically created our national debt. He spent like a drunken sailor in Tijuana. Maybe the most irresponsible president ever on financial matters. By the way I actually met Art Laffer once , Reagans economic guru. Seemed like a nice enough man. I did not venture to talk about his famous "curve" or defecit spending. I was quite frankly intimidated by him even though I disagree with his theories which were probably bent out of shape by Reagan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I lost 2 personal friends in Vietnam and a 3rd to cancer at age 53 from likely agent Orange exposure....all from a mess started by Kennedy and escalated by Johnson by the phony Tonkin Gulf lie.

That being said both parties have involved us in things we probably should have passed on....if you think either party has our best interest in mind then well....

I watched the whole JFK event and remember it well....sure the case for Oswald has been made well but you gotta wonder sometimes...

Who hated JFK...the Soviets and the Mafia

The Soviets for our involment in Cuba and the Bay of Pigs and the Mafia for what they considered a double cross by JFK as it was the Mafia that rigged the Chicago election to give it to JFK.

So JFK gets taken out by a guy who defected to the Soviet Union only to come back with a Russian bride....and take a job just 6 weeks before the assination...in the Texas Book Building...

One story has it someone within the Dallas PD was supposed to take out Oswald after the assination....

But then Ruby, so upset over the loss of JFK, takes out Oswald...seems legit..but...Ruby has ties to the Dallas Mafia....of course he would...

Who knows...well that's it for my trip over to the dark side today....

Oh....the chemical weapons the Syrians are killing their people with....came from Iraq...without question.

Another theory is he was assassinated by those who were upset that he started the civil rights movement

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to billge's comment:

More signs , the Rothschilds, black popes,Zionists, the Beatles, the Masons, the Stone of Scone,, This sounds like Christmas dinner with my family in the fifties, everything but Destiny magazine.  You guys are really going to confuseour Kansas friend in Oklahoma.  He was working on the simple stuff

Dude you don't know the half of it. Ever heard of the military industrial complex? Come play in my backyard.

I guess Ike was a conspiracy nut, as was JFK.

Seems the liberals latched onto Ike's speech and have been trying to dismantle the military since then

Lol!!!

Loony bird.^^^

Shouldn't you be up on broke-back mountain this weekend dumbkoff?

LOL, good one Babe

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

Obama sucks, the Bushs sucked and Clinton sucked. Actually, the only presidents I might call good since WW2 are Reagan, Ike and JFK.

+1

How can a tea party person support Reagan. He basically created our national debt. He spent like a drunken sailor in Tijuana. Maybe the most irresponsible president ever on financial matters. By the way I actually met Art Laffer once , Reagans economic guru. Seemed like a nice enough man. I did not venture to talk about his famous "curve" or defecit spending. I was quite frankly intimidated by him even though I disagree with his theories which were probably bent out of shape by Reagan.

??? You refering to me? I'm not a member of the Tea Party. I'm an Independent conservative.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

And he was killed in Texas...Johnsons state...Johnson had no use for Kennedy and vice versa....Bobby at one time believed Johnson was involved.

Of course Bobby was taken out in 68 after he took a detour thru the kitchen, you know, to avoid the mess at the front door. Who could have known Sirhan Sirhan was actually in the kitchen.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

To be fair prolate, clinton had it the easiest of any president arguably ever.

Maybe.  And I don't give presidents too much credit or too much blame for the economy during their terms.   There are far too many other factors at work.  Still, in retrospect, Clinton navigated and thrived within a complex environment far better than either Bush or Obama. 

HUNH? Clinton merely got lucky with the timing of the dotcom bubble. That simply financed his largest tax increase in history.

Like I said earlier, I don't give presidents too much credit or too much blame for the economy.  Clinton did get lucky.  Still, I think he was more sophisticated as a leader than either Bush or Obama, much more capable of navigating the halls of power, both domestically and globally.  Obama simply doesn't know how to do this effectively.  Bush was too easily led by others like Cheney and the neocons.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

This sounds like Christmas dinner with my family in the fifties,

Really, the family was talking about Ike being able to send them to a concentration camp in the middle of the night?

Eisenhower met and conspired with aliens to allow them to round up citizens and experiment on them. I saw this on the internet so it must be true.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Maybe.  And I don't give presidents too much credit or too much blame for the economy during their terms.   There are far too many other factors at work.  Still, in retrospect, Clinton navigated and thrived within a complex environment far better than either Bush or Obama. 

HUNH? Clinton merely got lucky with the timing of the dotcom bubble. That simply financed his largest tax increase in history.

Like I said earlier, I don't give presidents too much credit or too much blame for the economy.  Clinton did get lucky.  Still, I think he was more sophisticated as a leader than either Bush or Obama, much more capable of navigating the halls of power, both domestically and globally.  Obama simply doesn't know how to do this effectively.  Bush was too easily led by others like Cheney and the neocons.  

We differ from time to time Prolate regarding football but you killed it with the above paragraph..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

+1

??? You refering to me? I'm not a member of the Tea Party. I'm an Independent conservative.

I'm referring to any tea party supporter who says Reagen was a good president. The debt is Reagan's baby and every president since has had to deal with that brat which is the giant elephant in any economic talk. The first Bush tried to starve it and it caused him his reelection so the second Bush said the heck with it and fed it. Obama was right sequestration and wrong with repealing it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Reagan was a great President....he took over for a man that took us to the edge of economic and military disaster...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

This sounds like Christmas dinner with my family in the fifties,

Really, the family was talking about Ike being able to send them to a concentration camp in the middle of the night?

Eisenhower met and conspired with aliens to allow them to round up citizens and experiment on them. I saw this on the internet so it must be true.

LMAO

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

And lost in all of this is Bush 1.....the epitome of a forgettable President...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Reagan's fiscal policy was a failure if you think the federal debt is a problem.  Reagan and his economic advisors believed that lowering taxes and raising spending would lead to an economic boom that would actually increase tax revenue.  It didn't work, and the high spending combined with lower taxes simply produced what simple math suggested it would: higher debt. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Clinton had to come to agreement with the Gop congress in economic issues and combined they were more right than wrong. Glass Steagle they both owned, but it is obamacare legacy.

Clinton had the seeded of the housing bubble. 

bush went with the owner economy then didnt and couldn't stop it

Today Obama and the congress now own this economic mess, and the dem congress is a rubber stamp for Obama, I know the house is GOP, but politically they have given in to Obama

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Liberals think they know it all. They want to tell me how to live my life.

Conservatives think they know it all. They want to tell me how to live my life.

You are both the problem with this country.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Reagan's fiscal policy was a failure if you think the federal debt is a problem.  Reagan and his economic advisors believed that lowering taxes and raising spending would lead to an economic boom that would actually increase tax revenue.  It didn't work, and the high spending combined with lower taxes simply produced what simple math suggested it would: higher debt. 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2011/05/05/reaganomics-vs-obamanomics-facts-and-figures/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Well, to be a little more accurate, Reagan wanted to lower taxes and Tip O'Neill (Speaker) wanted to raise spending.   It was a compromise that Reagan needed to get what he wanted.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

Liberals think they know it all. They want to tell me how to live my life.

Conservatives think they know it all. They want to tell me how to live my life.

You are both the problem with this country.

Then please take a look at becoming a Libertarian...we fully realize it's Government intervention in our lives that has become overbearing...

Sections
Shortcuts