Dumervil and Ravens negotiations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Dumervil and Ravens negotiations

Wasn't  Wink Martindale also the name of game show host???

The Denver Post reports the Ravens are "negotiating" with free agent Elvis Dumervil.

It's unclear if any deal is imminent, but Baltimore's interest is genuine. Dumervil reportedly received a "strong recommendation" from Ravens assistant Wink Martindale, who was Dumervil's position coach when he led the league with 17 sacks in 2009. Dumervil would be a 3-4 outside linebacker in Baltimore.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Dumervil and Ravens negotiations

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

LOL - I was wondering how long it would take someone to post a pic of that Wink Martindale.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Well, Wink Martindale was a close friend of Elvis.....Presley......that is...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

There is no way Newsome is going to pay Elvis what he wants.  I'd be surprised if he ends up in Baltimore tbh.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

That would make no sense. OLB is one of the few positions they are pretty solid at with Suggs and an up and coming Upshaw.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Elvis isn't getting 8M/yr on his next contract. And I doubt Balt will overpay for him - it is a position of relative strength on their team and Ozzie has been one of the best GMs around. He made a smart decision not to chase his overinflated FAs. They have a bunch of draft picks and will likely pick up a few value FAs along the way.

And you will notice Reed is still out there trying to find some money. I suspect he ends up back with Balt at a reasonable number.

I will not be surprised to see Dumervil get a 5-6M deal - maybe on a one year contract so he can try again next year. I think he really messed up not getting the restructure in on time.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to mia76's comment:

Elvis isn't getting 8M/yr on his next contract. And I doubt Balt will overpay for him - it is a position of relative strength on their team and Ozzie has been one of the best GMs around. He made a smart decision not to chase his overinflated FAs. They have a bunch of draft picks and will likely pick up a few value FAs along the way.

And you will notice Reed is still out there trying to find some money. I suspect he ends up back with Balt at a reasonable number.

I will not be surprised to see Dumervil get a 5-6M deal - maybe on a one year contract so he can try again next year. I think he really messed up not getting the restructure in on time.

That doesn't make sense. If the restructure was for 8 mil with Denver and  he's publicly stated he wants to be back there, why not sign a 1 year 8 mil deal with Denver?

He's clearly shopping that 8 mil per with Denver around.

Note, also, how it's 3 AFC teams. Note a concidence. This is a price driving game and he's using 3 AFC teams to drive that price up higher.

Denver can't pay him $8 million for 1 year.  With the 4.9 million cap hit they took in cutting him, that puts his total cap charge up to 12.9 million; in other words, MORE than he would have counted before.  If Denver really needed his total charge down around 8, that means they'd have to give him a long term contract with a total cap hit this year of no more than 3-3.5 million.  I don't see that happening.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Lost Ellerbee, Pollard (probably) , Maybe Reed, Kruger...

Funny thing is if the defense stinks the pundints will be saying becasue they lost Ray Lewis.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

That doesn't make sense. If the restructure was for 8 mil with Denver and  he's publicly stated he wants to be back there, why not sign a 1 year 8 mil deal with Denver?

Note, also, how it's 3 AFC teams. Note a concidence. This is a price driving game and he's using 3 AFC teams to drive that price up higher.

Denver can't pay him $8 million for 1 year.  With the 4.9 million cap hit they took in cutting him, that puts his total cap charge up to 12.9 million; in other words, MORE than he would have counted before.  If Denver really needed his total charge down around 8, that means they'd have to give him a long term contract with a total cap hit this year of no more than 3-3.5 million.  I don't see that happening.

Exactly - as soon as Denver cut him, that 8M deal went out the window - he is probably looking at 5M deal from Denver and hoping he can get 6M from somebody. (the 8M was salary, not cap, which would have come in around 10.5 I think. The cut just accelerated the rest of the cap hit.)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Because Denver has somewhere around 4 million in dead money tied into Dumervil because of his release - they can't sign him to a one year 8 million dollar deal...it will be like they are paying him 12 million all over again! You sure you're a highly educated, brilliant, business man with a 152 IQ? You sure you got all this salary cap stuff down? LOL!!

Hey before you google another salary cap hell article and tell everyone the warnings were out people, why don't you try to figure out what round Cannon was drafted in and then read a little bit into this Dumervil thing?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Because Denver has somewhere around 4 million in dead money tied into Dumervil because of his release - they can't sign him to a one year 8 million dollar deal...it will be like they are paying him 12 million all over again! You sure you're a highly educated, brilliant, business man with a 152 IQ? You sure you got all this salary cap stuff down? LOL!!

Hey before you google another salary cap hell article and tell everyone the warnings were out people, why don't you try to figure out what round Cannon was drafted in and then read a little bit into this Dumervil thing?

So, why is he shopping himself and saying Denver can beat his offers?  They could just give him a new deal.  I actually didn't realize the hit was that high.

Spread out the money differently off the deal.  Maybe not a 1 year deal at 8, but a longer term, new deal that might average out to that.

The point is, he is shopping to multiple AFC teams, quite possibly those teams kicking tires to drive the price.

Like I said, we'll see.

Now see! This is a reasonable response! Wonderful...you admit to being wrong and continue in a reasonable manner! Bravo! Keep up the good work - there's still some good left in him...I can feel it (Luke Skywalker, when asked about Darth Vader).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

LOL. Ravens panicking due to fanbase complaints.  Now time to overpay again on the market for a one trick pony.

Just two weeks ago all heard was how great Suggs has been and how Couertney Upshaw is ready to take over for Kruger, no problem.

Hmm.

A 3-4 OLB who can't play the run due to size issues?  Hilarious.

who just won the super bowl?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

LOL - I was wondering how long it would take someone to post a pic of that Wink Martindale.

best hair of all tv game show hosts-it NEVER moved, not once!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

So, why is he shopping himself and saying Denver can beat his offers?  They could just give him a new deal.  I actually didn't realize the hit was that high.

Spread out the money differently off the deal.  Maybe not a 1 year deal at 8, but a longer term, new deal that might average out to that.

The point is, he is shopping to multiple AFC teams, quite possibly those teams kicking tires to drive the price.

Like I said, we'll see.

Now see! This is a reasonable response! Wonderful...you admit to being wrong and continue in a reasonable manner! Bravo! Keep up the good work - there's still some good left in him...I can feel it (Luke Skywalker, when asked about Darth Vader).

i wouldn't count on this being a trend Hurl

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Denver has offered Dumervil a new contract today. Denver has also confirmined that even if resigned they will now carry 5 Million in dead money from the Dumervil release.

Sections
Shortcuts