Dumervil goes to the Ravens

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Dumervil goes to the Ravens

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

But you said I was wrong. I was right. Each player is going to the highest bidder. Sounds likeDenver is now turning its attention to Abe's. Will the Pats compete on the offer? 

You said "4 year deal for Dumervil in Denver" earlier today!!  You're such a liar.

I was the one saying Dumervil was most concerned about the highest price not being genuine in saying "I want to return to Denver".

The longer he held on bidding himself to ONLY AFC teams (I noted this the other day), the more it was obvious he wanted to be let go from Denver, angry about his restrcuture.

I'd bet dollars to donuts he told his agent to send in that fax late just to do this (become a FA).

A little odd a restructure goes awry due to having plenty of time to do it, huh?

Regardless, I am loving it since all the AFC competition is losing.  Question is, does BB get Abraham or Freeney now?

Osi - Atlanta

Dumervil - Balt

Abraham - NE

Freeney - Denver

Those WERE my guesses 48 hours ago and I stand by it.

I said that is what Denver offered. Obviously Ravens trumped it. Again, each player will go to the highest bidder. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

Dude Pollard has been thrown the league like a chinese call girl... Continuity? He was there one year..

Webb lined up outside plenty..

Still hurts to lose two starting Safeties. Huge problem.  You act like depth, experience and continuity didn't help them as they built into the last few years. I am well aware Reed is the guy that makes that back end go, but losing him and Pollard to 2 unknowns back there in a passing league is arrogant.

They went for it all knowing Reed and Lewis were cooked with a flat cap in 2013 and 2014. Good for them. They pullled it off,  just barely thanks to Kaepernick's choke job on the 5 yard line.  Maybe he should have kissed his biceps AFTER the game with a victory, huh?

They are not unknowns..

The have been grooming Smith to be Reed's successor for a while. I'm not saying he will ever be Reed or anything like that but think he wi indeed be a very good FS. Tall, Long, former cb with good ball skills.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Looks like the other DEs will sign now as only New England and Denver are courting Freeney and Abraham. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Ravens will be good again this year..

Mark it down. Feel free to call me out at the end of the year if I'm wrong but this team will win 11 games at least.

Not sure about 11, but I can see 10.   They are hardly as decimated as some think.  Reed and Ray were just about done.  Their defense is predicated on the pressure brought on by the front 7.  The front 7 will be as good or better next year.  And Newsome does a good job with the draft.  They'll be a playoff team again next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Looks like the other DEs will sign now as only New England and Denver are courting Freeney and Abraham. 

Don't discount the Phins and the Cowboys (Osi)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

So your saying they will win no more then 9 games?

That is correct. Cincy wins the division at 11-5.   Pitt and Balt will struggle for 2nd place and Cleveland will be a major pain, make some gains and go 7-9.

Ok so Parameter's?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Broncos EVP of Football Operations John Elway released a statement on DE Elvis Dumervil's departure.

STATEMENT FROM DENVER BRONCOS EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT OF FOOTBALL OPERATIONS JOHN ELWAY:

“As we have from the start of this process, we worked diligently over the last week to find a way for Elvis Dumervil to remain a Denver Bronco. Although we made multiple contract offers to Elvis after being forced to release him, we were unable to reach an agreement and are now moving forward without him.

“Elvis was a team captain and a talented player who made a great impact during his seven seasons in Denver. I appreciate all of his effort on the field and the work he did in the community.

"I wish Elvis all the best as he continues his NFL career.”

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Osi is pretty much a falcon bro...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Osi is pretty much a falcon bro...

Unless someone offers him more money

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Mark it down. Feel free to call me out at the end of the year if I'm wrong but this team will win 11 games at least.

I've marked it.  lol

FLacco lost his favorite WR and the D was gutted.  Dumervil is incredibly overrated.   Since he was shopping himself, I wouldn't be shocked if Baltimore just flipped out Ed Reed for Dumervil in terms of contract guarantees.

Ouch. Bad offseason so far for Baltimore. 

They have a better defense then us, by far! Flacco is good regardless of how much you want to hate.. 

2 tight ends who are more then capable and Ozzie always knows how to draft..

Their front 7 is vicious even with a Few unknowns...

Canty, Spears, Ngata, Dumervil, Suggs...

To me the loss of Ellerbe, Kruger aren't that severe as the were more a product of who they were playing with...

Webb is a top 5 corner in the league, or so he was before he got hurt and Graham came on  last season. Smith will make a good free safety and Pollard is easlily replaced.

You're going to see them cut more key players after this Dumervil move. You'll see.

Canty is a 4-3 player, by the way.  Spears is nothing more than a steady starter, not an impact guy like the emerging Ellerbe.

Webb may not project well on the outside.

This swapping in and out of your base D doesn't work. It caught GB and NOs in recent years. It will catch Baltimore.

To preetnd Ed Reed and Ray Lewis, down the middle, meant nothing is a preposterous premise.

"Pollard is easily replaced".  I am pretty sure Ed Reed and Pollard just made a strong duo helping win a SB.

To cast that off is flat out arrogance. Ds need continuity, not names on jerseys.

D's need Continuity????  LOL! Oh, my!

You better tell Bill that, next time you are spit shining his jewels.

L@@k!!!!!! At all the different DB's alone , in the past 6 yrs.  LMAO@U

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

That is correct. Cincy wins the division at 11-5.   Pitt and Balt will struggle for 2nd place and Cleveland will be a major pain, make some gains and go 7-9.

Ok so Parameter's?

Balt has to win 10 for you to win. Less than 10 I win.

Balt's has to allow less points than NE's D for you to win.

If we split, it's a wash.

That's fair... I just like betting: )

Albeit just a fun one..

How about if you win I'll send you a game used B's puck just for kicks?

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Whatever's clever bro...

I like it.. I think it's fair too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Dude Pollard has been thrown the league like a chinese call girl... Continuity? He was there one year..

Webb lined up outside plenty..

Still hurts to lose two starting Safeties. Huge problem.  You act like depth, experience and continuity didn't help them as they built into the last few years. I am well aware Reed is the guy that makes that back end go, but losing him and Pollard to 2 unknowns back there in a passing league is arrogant.

They went for it all knowing Reed and Lewis were cooked with a flat cap in 2013 and 2014. Good for them. They pullled it off,  just barely thanks to Kaepernick's choke job on the 5 yard line.  Maybe he should have kissed his biceps AFTER the game with a victory, huh?

Man Rusty, excuses are like A..h...., well you get what I mean.

Yes, it was all Kaepernicks fault for not winning the SB.  Once again you put the balme on 1 player and totally ignore all the other elements of the game. 

Plus you are a real hypocrite... You make comments about depth, experience and continuity as being a positive in one argument but don't take that into consideration when it comes to the Patriots moves.  You are a real peach!  Man, every forum has to have a guy like this and Rusty is "that guy" in our forum.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

We'll see. The Ravens have lost seven starters including five on defense. If Flacco plays like he did in the playoffs they could win 10 games but I don't see it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Ok so Parameter's?

Balt has to win 10 for you to win. Less than 10 I win.

Balt's has to allow less points than NE's D for you to win.

If we split, it's a wash.

That's fair... I just like betting: )

Albeit just a fun one..

How about if you win I'll send you a game used B's puck just for kicks?

Hotblitz, was that you on the Zamboni Saturday night at the Bruins-Leafs game?  If so , you made Hockey Night in Canada. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

Adam Schefter         Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 1h

Ravens are giving former Broncos DE Elvis Dumervil a five-year deal worth up to $35 million, including $8.5 million in year one.

LOL!

I was right again!  He wanted at least 8 million from Denver to offset the 12 down to 8 on the restructure and Denver simply couldn't compete.

Tears!

So, they got Welker, unbudgeted for, and then lost Dumervil in their 4-3, a guy they simply couldn't lose off the strong side at DE.

Pay attention, folks. This is what crappy cap management via a goofy GM like Elway looks like.

I'm pretty sure the Broncos are fine with him leaving for that kind of money, otherwise his faxed agreement would have not been a problem and he would still be a Bronco.  Also, I'm pretty sure Bronco fans don't agree with your assessment of Elway. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Spears, Canty and now Dumervil...hmmm, aren't they supposed to be in salary cap hell? LOL!

With no money to spend they just rebuilt their front seven.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

We'll see. The Ravens have lost seven starters including five on defense. If Flacco plays like he did in the playoffs they could win 10 games but I don't see it.

I don't see it either...  but man, it isn't going to surprise me if they do.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Lol I didn't drive for the game..

Although as friends have told me I did get some air time..

Apparently I was caught on cam while the national anthem was going on..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'm just not going to get too worked up about free agency.  It always goes like this, every team that makes a splash is declared the "winner" and usually falls flat on their face in the season.  Whatever team gets put on the field in Patriot uniforms will be fine.  Denver looks to be a tough out, and so do the Texans and Ravens.  Fine.  Our teams problems are the same, if they solve them we can hoist the Lombardi, WHATEVER THE OTHER GUYS ARE DOING.  I'm more interested in the draft than free agency, that's where the Pats do the heavy lifting.