DUMERVIL to the Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ooomunga. Show ooomunga's posts

DUMERVIL to the Pats

Most Pats fans want a young OLB in the draft this year, but, we could trade that pick & A third rounder for Elvis Dumervil. He is young. (4 years in the league), and already has over 40 sacks. He would create a pass rush, which the Pats really need. Hope BB thinks about this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: DUMERVIL to the Pats

It won't happen because Dumervil won't sign a long contract without FA, and NE won't give up the selections for the chance to franchise a one year FA.

It is simply bad business.

And pre-negotiating a contract only does a favor for the Broncos, because under tender rules all they need to do is match the offer. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: DUMERVIL to the Pats:
    That guy is a flash in the pan, he was good for the first half of this season Posted by MVPKilla2009

what he said, another pass on a Denver player

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Although I personally would love to give up NE's #23 pick of the 1st rd AND since NE has no 3rd rder-It would have to be that #53 pick of the 2nd rd of this 2011 Draft, The deepest draft in anyone's near memory and in a draft that'll be easier to find a pass-rushing DE-OLB weakside 3-4 OLB convert (Dumervil's only position) far more than we can find a strongside OLB- -In order to rent for 1 year a 5'11 3-4 weakside Outside Linebacker who had an incredible season in his contract year, And also as MVP stated wherein 10 out of his 17 Sacks came in the first 1/3 of the season, And also we'd have to do what Denver does and mix up our 3-4 Defense to give Dumervil's excellent pass-rushing skills the easiest looks around the weak-spots of the offense...so really, Belichick can throw his silly sense of versatility in defensive formations and everybody "doing their jobs" and counting each player's own gameplans of off one another's and the overall sum of the defensive team-Oh and I hope noone runs anywhere near Dumervil, because boy he pretty much s#cks at run defense for a 3-4 OLB, BUT to me that 17 sacks trumps ALL of this...  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

I say pass on him he's to young Pats only sign over the hill FA's

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

This is about the 5th trade proposal which includes are non-existent 3rd round pick.  I guess you trade guys are not draft guys, because this missing 3rd pick has been obvious for months.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

not happening...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

not that I'm for a trade...but don't you think the equivalent of a third is probably a late second and get back a 6th or something.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcrossDaPond. Show AcrossDaPond's posts

he's undersized and cannot hold against the run.  He would have to play OLB for us and there are MAJOR questions about his ability to drop back in coverage.  He is a one trick pony who wants (forgive the baseball analogy) 5 tool money.  He'll get it but it will be from someone else...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

In Response to Re: DUMERVIL to the Pats:
    I say pass on him he's to young Pats only sign over the hill FA's
    Posted by harleyroadking103

or run on him...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

If NE wants a small OLB they will draft Brandon Graham.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Has anyone besides me noticed that cyberknot is quietly carving himself a  comfortable niche as comic relief around here?

or run on him.

HAH!

Sections
Shortcuts