Dungy Thoughts ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

Dungy Thoughts ?

So our favorite Manning coddler Dungy, just made the statement that if he was a coach he wouldn't have drafted Michael Sam due to his Homosexuality would cause a media circus around his team. Yet he was all for bringing back a Dog killer and the media circus that brought. My thoughts are Dungy is a tool always was always will be, he was a good assistant as a D coach, but with all the talent he had in both Tampa then Indy and he could only win 1 super bowl shows you he was never a great head coach. Now with these statements shows you what a bigot he actually is.

Other Views?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Re: Dungy Thoughts ?

Dungy is not associated with PATS. Pats start camp Thursday, that's what I am waiting for.....

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

He's hiding behind his religious views and basically using a different excuse to say he wouldn't draft a heathen like Michael  Sam. So dog killing is forgivable but not being in love with someone of the same sex. Like Deadspin once penned, Tony Dungy is an insufferable s--t.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm always suspicious of the religious.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to jjbag's comment:

So our favorite Manning coddler Dungy, just made the statement that if he was a coach he wouldn't have drafted Michael Sam due to his Homosexuality would cause a media circus around his team. Yet he was all for bringing back a Dog killer and the media circus that brought. My thoughts are Dungy is a tool always was always will be, he was a good assistant as a D coach, but with all the talent he had in both Tampa then Indy and he could only win 1 super bowl shows you he was never a great head coach. Now with these statements shows you what a bigot he actually is.

Other Views?

Agree with every thing you said. AS much as I hate to say it, his righteousness led to his own son taking his life.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Other Views?

Agree with every thing you said. AS much as I hate to say it, his righteousness led to his own son taking his life.

I always suspected that his son committed suicide because he was gay.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

why is that ?  I know a lot of religious people that would never hurt anyone or anything. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

Other Views?

You're right - it's in the texts!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

why is that ?  I know a lot of religious people that would never hurt anyone or anything. 

Yes--and there are religious people I really admire--but too many of them are narrow minded and prone, at their worst, to violence. 

So I start with suspicion and then, for some, come around. 

I like the current Pope, for instance . . . and I do assume he's about as religious as you can get 

Heck, I'm not even Catholic and I like the Pope.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

These weren't really thoughts on Dungy's parts, they were sanctimonious brain farts. He's such a hypocrite

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

He's hiding behind his religious views and basically using a different excuse to say he wouldn't draft a heathen like Michael  Sam. So dog killing is forgivable but not being in love with someone of the same sex. Like Deadspin once penned, Tony Dungy is an insufferable s--t.

He's a disgrace. 

Grace, disgrace . . . it's all the same 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

He's a disgrace. 

Agree.. Talks from 2 sides of his mouth. I'm not surprised by this. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yes--and there are religious people I really admire--but too many of them are narrow minded and prone, at their worst, to violence. 

So I start with suspicion and then, for some, come around. 

I like the current Pope, for instance . . . and I do assume he's about as religious as you can get 

Heck, I'm not even Catholic and I like the Pope.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Much like this board I think it's the relatively few that make the most noise and give a bad rap for the majority out there. My Mother and Aunts are very religious but we also have a couple gay cousins and none say a bad word about gay people but they did fully support them and went to their weddings. More often than not I think the majority suffers for the actions of the few.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Personally I think Dungy is an arrogant sycophant. Seriously, the guy got on Rex for swearing but fully supported a coached who jumped across a table to strangle his assistant. He somehow thought 8hrs in a boat with Vick would have completely turned his life around too? Dungy is just too full of himself and his higher than though sense of righteousness is on the level with someone else on this board. 

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If there is anything that can be said, why what one does in their private life, legally, has anything to do with their ability to perform their "job", be it a CEO or NFL football player, needs to be kept separate. If Dungy can't make this distinction, he has a problem.

But, I will add, Michael Sam really should not have publicized his private life. For that matter, I just do not see why homosexuals feel compelled to do so.  I, personally, do not care about your private life and do not need it thrown in my face as a potential excuse why you may feel you would be treated differently than any other human being. In a way, one thinks Sam set himself up by doing this. He should have let his on field performance dictate his success or lack thereof and not because of what he does privately. Now, people will question the fact if he is cut, regardless of pronouncements he did not make the grade by the team, did his homosexuality have anything to do with it.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Other Views?

Good Coach.  Not a great coach.  As for his convictions - religion requires us to believe/accept things our mind cannot comprehend, and there are millions upon millions in this world who accept their faith fundamentally.  It is understandable for people to have problems with this mentality.  It is also understandable for people to have this mentality. 

Like him or not, like his convictions or not, its easier to understand people who live by principals than those who are duplicitous. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Other Views?

Do you have some proof of this?  That's a very irresponsible comment to make if you don't. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Other Views?

He did.  He said his dad never accepted him. What an absolute loser deluxe. Is it me, or do these networks not care about the integrity of who they hire in these tv roles?

Ray Lewis, Dungy, etc.   They would hire Hitler apparently to try to get ratings.

Proof or silence. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

If there is anything that can be said, why what one does in their private life, legally, has anything to do with their ability to perform their "job", be it a CEO or NFL football player, needs to be kept separate. If Dungy can't make this distinction, he has a problem.

But, I will add, Michael Sam really should not have publicized his private life. For that matter, I just do not see why homosexuals feel compelled to do so.  I, personally, do not care about your private life and do not need it thrown in my face as a potential excuse why you may feel you would be treated differently than any other human being. In a way, one thinks Sam set himself up by doing this. He should have let his on field performance dictate his success or lack thereof and not because of what he does privately. Now, people will question the fact if he is cut, regardless of pronouncements he did not make the grade by the team, did his homosexuality have anything to do with it.

The great thing about our country is that Michael Sam speak as he chooses as can Dungy.  Neither disrespected the other with their comments. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

given that Sam, the SEC Defensive Player of the Year, was not drafted until the seventh round (#249), Dungy is not the only one who has concerns about his potential impact ( good & bad ) on an NFL roster

for comparison, here are some draft results for the previous ten SEC DPoY winners : 

Michael Sam #249 - Jarvis Jones #17 - Morris Claiborne #6 - Patrick Peterson #5 - Rolando McClain #8

Eric Berry #5 - Glenn Dorsey #5 - Patrick Willis #11 - Demeco Ryans #33 - David Pollack #17

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

This discussion can go on for a long time depending on one's beliefs or self-righteousness.

I tend to agree with agcsbill.  I think Sam should have just kept quiet about his private life and let his playing/talent be the focus.  Because really, that's what it's all about.  No one has to know about your sexual preference when you are looking for a job.

A team simply may not want the attention that he will bring in camp when they are trying to seriously prepare for the season.  If they think they can handle the extra attention he brings, fine.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

The problem with your post is that Sam, was open about it through his college career never hiding it, when it become known he announce to his teammates in college to inform them, I'm guessing so if they were asked during the season they could say, yup he sure is, what about it.

With the media coming around as the draft approached he really had no choice but to say yes, I'm Gay and Proud. Which not just you, but tons of others are trying to now push on him as if he hid it all his life and decided to make a statement prior to the draft to shove it in our collective faces. He was getting ahead of a story that was going to break whether he locked himself in a proverbial closet so to speak.

Sections
Shortcuts