Dungy Thoughts ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Dungy Thoughts ?

In response to jjbag's comment:

To touch on this a little, why did the 31 other teams pass on him that many times, was it because he wasn't talented enough? Or was it due to him being Gay? Look this is the same NFL that took a QB that was known to be of little talent passing the ball but espoused the greatest of "Christian" qualities in the first round! I've seen a lot of people questioning the kids talent due to a bad Combine.

Do you know how many "Bad Combine" players there are out there in the NFL as great players! I'm glad the NFL is busting it up over an open Gay player right now, it needs to be busted up. And I'm also tired of how a SEC D lineman goes from SEC Co-Defensive Player of the Year,first-team All-American, named a semifinalist for the Chuck Bednarik Award, the Hendricks Award, and the Lombardi Award.

But do to a bad combine he goes to being an untalented player who is only getting his shot because he came out. That Shows you how bigotry still rules this nation, now instead of it upon black people we are doing it to those with a different sexual orientation.

This is a crock of sht.  List me three GREAT NFL players outside of QB and kicker who had, not just bad combines, but shockingly bad.  The guy ran a 4.8 forty, he is a defensive end who could only press the bar 19 times needing two try's to do it, his agility drills placed him dead last amongst defensive ends and he has a 25 inch vertical, no that's not a typo.

I loved the story of the little choo choo that could as much as the next guy but it's garbage in the NFL.  Every year amazing college athletes get turned away at the Pro door and fade into obscurity because they went as far as they could. In college Sam was a defensive end, in the Pros he is a linebacker and he is neither fast, athletic or strong enough.  I could care less who he's shagging.

We'll continue to dissect this, at least some of you will, until Sam fails and the same way Tebow continued to be a story long after he was relevant so shall Sam.  It is almost ironic how close they mirror one another.

The NFL will employ criminals, felons, rapists and gang bangers but don't want to draft a gay guy?  

Sorry, not buying it, if Clowney was gay he still would have been drafted at #1.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

To touch on this a little, why did the 31 other teams pass on him that many times, was it because he wasn't talented enough? Or was it due to him being Gay? Look this is the same NFL that took a QB that was known to be of little talent passing the ball but espoused the greatest of "Christian" qualities in the first round! I've seen a lot of people questioning the kids talent due to a bad Combine.

Do you know how many "Bad Combine" players there are out there in the NFL as great players! I'm glad the NFL is busting it up over an open Gay player right now, it needs to be busted up. And I'm also tired of how a SEC D lineman goes from SEC Co-Defensive Player of the Year,first-team All-American, named a semifinalist for the Chuck Bednarik Award, the Hendricks Award, and the Lombardi Award.

But do to a bad combine he goes to being an untalented player who is only getting his shot because he came out. That Shows you how bigotry still rules this nation, now instead of it upon black people we are doing it to those with a different sexual orientation.

[/QUOTE]

This is a crock of sht.  List me three GREAT NFL players outside of QB and kicker who had, not just bad combines, but shockingly bad.  The guy ran a 4.8 forty, he is a defensive end who could only press the bar 19 times needing two try's to do it, his agility drills placed him dead last amongst defensive ends and he has a 25 inch vertical, no that's not a typo.

I loved the story of the little choo choo that could as much as the next guy but it's garbage in the NFL.  Every year amazing college athletes get turned away at the Pro door and fade into obscurity because they went as far as they could. In college Sam was a defensive end, in the Pros he is a linebacker and he is neither fast, athletic or strong enough.  I could care less who he's shagging.

We'll continue to dissect this, at least some of you will, until Sam fails and the same way Tebow continued to be a story long after he was relevant so shall Sam.  It is almost ironic how close they mirror one another.

The NFL will employ criminals, felons, rapists and gang bangers but don't want to draft a gay guy?  

Sorry, not buying it, if Clowney was gay he still would have been drafted at #1.

[/QUOTE]

I posted the Clowney comment up above on this thread. For me, that lends credence to the fact that these GM's and coaches do not feel Sam is worth the distraction because his play is sub par. Not because they are homophobic.

There is a huge difference, between someone saying they are biased against gay people, and someone saying that Sam is not worth the distraction due to other peoples homophobic issues. IMO, Dungy is saying the latter...and that does not make him homophobic...

I understand Doug is in disagreement, but I think Doug is wrong

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Well clearly Dungy is a homophobe and devout Christian, he has been pretty clear on that, and I'm not arguing that discrimination doesn't  exist... all I am saying is that Sam sucks... and no, that's not a gay joke.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to ronk1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I posted the Clowney comment up above on this thread. For me, that lends credence to the fact that these GM's and coaches do not feel Sam is worth the distraction because his play is sub par. Not because they are homophobic.

There is a huge difference, between someone saying they are biased against gay people, and someone saying that Sam is not worth the distraction due to other peoples homophobic issues. IMO, Dungy is saying the latter...and that does not make him homophobic...

[/QUOTE]

amazing to me that this is so hard to understand , and the dialogue goes down hill. No one here has said that SAm shouldcnt be in the NFl cause he is gay - but somehow anyone who says anything that sees it differently is a homaphobe. For me . im not going to take it

The NFL is a business, they make ( or should make) all decisions in that venue - its not their repsonsibilty to change society. Because of all this political correctness if Sam does make it , it will be seen as because he is gay - Not fair - but if people just left it alone the right hting will happen. I dont think the rams took him withno expectations -I dont care if he makes it or not.

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land th round expectations

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

amazing to me that this is so hard to understand , and the dialogue goes down hill. No one here has said that SAm shouldcnt be in the NFl cause he is gay - but somehow anyone who says anything that sees it differently is a homaphobe. For me . im not going to take it

The NFL is a business, they make ( or should make) all decisions in that venue - its not their repsonsibilty to change society. Because of all this political correctness if Sam does make it , it will be seen as because he is gay - Not fair - but if people just left it alone the right hting will happen. I dont think the rams took him withno expectations -I dont care if he makes it or not.

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land th round expectations

[/QUOTE]

so you are saying that Sam isnt good enough, therefore he is not worth the distraction that come from other peoples homophobic issues, correct? If Sam was good enough, then he would be worth the distraction, correct?

and Dungy is saying the same thing, correct?

that does not make you or Dungy homophobic imo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just a few ... to note (and I'm adding a QB at the end)

a disastrous 40 time in the combine of 4.83 seconds sent Miller into the second round, where Oakland selected him 38th overall.  Only four tight ends ran a slower time and none of them were drafted.

Anquan Boldin WR - Despite solid production at Florida State, converted quarterback Anquan Boldin raised some eyebrows with a 4.7 40-yard dash time that ranked last among all wide receivers.

second shuttle time.  Consequently, despite being the backbone of "Linebacker U," Bowman fell to the San Francisco 49ers in the third round, 91st overall.

Tom Brady QB - Brady's 5.28 40 time, second-worst among quarterbacks at the 2000 combine, reflected a larger concern about the Michigan quarterback's dubious measureables.  With a unimposing frame, questionable arm strength and bottom-of-the-barrel mobility,  Brady simply did not possess the tools to impress the scouts, even in an underwhelming quarterback class.

There ya go 3 + 1 extra and I'm sure if I did a longer search I could find numerous bad combine numbers that failed to matter when they got to a team. Your showing some latent Bigotry there Wozzy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

Cleaning it up for Wozzy it didnt' copy and paste as well as it should have, and Wozzy I'm guessing your a homophobic bigot since you needed to be proved out that bad combine numbers proved an award winning SEC Dlineman stunk, because we know how easy the SEC is and to win awards and be a first team all American means squat if your gay.

Anquan Boldin WR - Despite solid production at Florida State, converted quarterback Anquan Boldin raised some eyebrows with a 4.7 40-yard dash time that ranked last among all wide receivers.

NaVorro Bowman LB - Bowman's combine performance was a bit haphazard, as the Penn State product ran a middling 4.70-second 40-yard dash, an excellent 6.91-second three-cone time and a poor 11.52-second shuttle time.  Consequently, despite being the backbone of "Linebacker U," Bowman fell to the San Francisco 49ers in the third round, 91st overall.

Zach Miller TE - a disastrous 40 time in the combine of 4.83 seconds sent Miller into the second round, where Oakland selected him 38th overall

Tom Brady QB - Brady's 5.28 40 time, second-worst among quarterbacks at the 2000 combine, reflected a larger concern about the Michigan quarterback's dubious measureables.  With a unimposing frame, questionable arm strength and bottom-of-the-barrel mobility, Brady simply did not possess the tools to impress the scouts, even in an underwhelming quarterback class.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Cleaning it up for Wozzy it didnt' copy and paste as well as it should have, and Wozzy I'm guessing your a homophobic bigot since you needed to be proved out that bad combine numbers proved an award winning SEC Dlineman stunk, because we know how easy the SEC is and to win awards and be a first team all American means squat if your gay.

NaVorro Bowman LB - Bowman's combine performance was a bit haphazard, as the Penn State product ran a middling 4.70-second 40-yard dash, an excellent 6.91-second three-cone time and a poor 11.52-second shuttle time.  Consequently, despite being the backbone of "Linebacker U," Bowman fell to the San Francisco 49ers in the third round, 91st overall.

Zach Miller TE - a disastrous 40 time in the combine of 4.83 seconds sent Miller into the second round, where Oakland selected him 38th overall

Tom Brady QB - Brady's 5.28 40 time, second-worst among quarterbacks at the 2000 combine, reflected a larger concern about the Michigan quarterback's dubious measureables.  With a unimposing frame, questionable arm strength and bottom-of-the-barrel mobility, Brady simply did not possess the tools to impress the scouts, even in an underwhelming quarterback class.

Oh please, bad is relative, all those players above went in the 2nd and third round because they had a less than expected showing at the combine and in one specific area, forty time.  

These aren't examples at all, Chandler Jones has a less than decent combine but he made up for it at the Syracuse Pro Day.  Sam's combine was horrid in every single category, all he did at the Pro Day was sit on his terrible combine numbers, I mean his bench almost looks respectable compared to his three cone time and vertical leap.

He's just not talented enough for the NFL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

Not going to argue with you any more Wozzy, your a homophobe and a bigot, when someone shows you proof that bad combines do not mean bad player, you come up with some other nonsense. Your the type that back in the 40's you would have been shouting the N word out at Jackie R. You are what you are, hopefully your children will outgrow your bigotry.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So our favorite Manning coddler Dungy, just made the statement that if he was a coach he wouldn't have drafted Michael Sam due to his Homosexuality would cause a media circus around his team. Yet he was all for bringing back a Dog killer and the media circus that brought. My thoughts are Dungy is a tool always was always will be, he was a good assistant as a D coach, but with all the talent he had in both Tampa then Indy and he could only win 1 super bowl shows you he was never a great head coach. Now with these statements shows you what a bigot he actually is.

Other Views?

[/QUOTE]

Agree with every thing you said. AS much as I hate to say it, his righteousness led to his own son taking his life.

[/QUOTE]

I always suspected that his son committed suicide because he was gay.

[/QUOTE]

This son was gay and Dungy put tons of pressure on him. This is all documented. It is pretty obvious he is a homophobe. If he was held to a similar standard as Rush Limbaugh he would have been fired.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Clowney would've  drop if he was gay. He had too much talent to ignore so the league would have informed teams they expect him to be draft high putting pressure on teams to draft. It would a horror show for the league if a top of draft talent came out as being gay.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Not going to argue with you any more Wozzy, your a homophobe and a bigot, when someone shows you proof that bad combines do not mean bad player, you come up with some other nonsense. Your the type that back in the 40's you would have been shouting the N word out at Jackie R. You are what you are, hopefully your children will outgrow your bigotry.

And you're a joker, you put up these examples as proof, guys who were "disappointments" because they fell out of the first round and now I'm a bigot?  Either you're joking or delusional, I can't tell?

Theres a quantum leap between a disappointing forty time, dropping a round VS being terrible at EVERY single measurable at the combine and going in the 7th round.  

Either you're taking this very personally or don't know jack about football...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have always found Wozzy to be very respectful and knowledgeable, and nothing like your post indicates. I think you are really off base. I dont always agree with Wozzy, but so what. Your way over board and out of line

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have always found Wozzy to be very respectful and knowledgeable, and nothing like your post indicates. I think you are really off base. I dont always agree with Wozzy, but so what. Your way over board and out of line

[/QUOTE]

He may be knowledgeable but in this he is not, he is letting his homophobic bigotry rule his thoughts, first off how someone who wins defensive player of the year in the SEC along with 1st team all American can be said to not have the talent to play the NFL shows you and everyone else exactly what a tool Wozzy is being on this particular subject, then he goes on and ask for proof where bad combine numbers don't prove out in the end, when I post 3 (plus brady) players that had horrible combine numbers that proved to be wrong in there cases, he goes on saying well they had talent, but Sam doesn't. Really!!!!  the kid was Defensive player of the year for the SEC (no slouch conference) and was a 1st team all American. This proves Wozzy is thinking with his bigotry and not facts. the kid slid down the draft due to his "coming" out, I guarantee that and anyone who denies it is lying to themselves.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

He may be knowledgeable but in this he is not, he is letting his homophobic bigotry rule his thoughts, first off how someone who wins defensive player of the year in the SEC along with 1st team all American can be said to not have the talent to play the NFL shows you and everyone else exactly what a tool Wozzy is being on this particular subject, then he goes on and ask for proof where bad combine numbers don't prove out in the end, when I post 3 (plus brady) players that had horrible combine numbers that proved to be wrong in there cases, he goes on saying well they had talent, but Sam doesn't. Really!!!!  the kid was Defensive player of the year for the SEC (no slouch conference) and was a 1st team all American. This proves Wozzy is thinking with his bigotry and not facts. the kid slid down the draft due to his "coming" out, I guarantee that and anyone who denies it is lying to themselves.

Jackson Jeffcoat who was a 1st team all American, won Big 12 DPOY and won the Ted Hendricks award for the top defensive end in college football went undrafted.  College accolades don't mean NFL success.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Charlie ward went undrafted after winning the hiesman .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[QUOTE]

Jackson Jeffcoat who was a 1st team all American, won Big 12 DPOY and won the Ted Hendricks award for the top defensive end in college football went undrafted.  College accolades don't mean NFL success.

[/QUOTE]

And the BIG 12 is not the SEC. That's like saying being a starting lineman for Walpole high is the same being a starting lineman for Shawsheen Valley Technical High School. Being MVP for one does not mean you have the talent for the other. Remember this is the same Conference that has had the national champion in the last 8 of 10 years. So come one lets be fair here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

And the BIG 12 is not the SEC. That's like saying being a starting lineman for Walpole high is the same being a starting lineman for Shawsheen Valley Technical High School. Being MVP for one does not mean you have the talent for the other. Remember this is the same Conference that has had the national champion in the last 8 of 10 years. So come one lets be fair here.

When Sam enrolled at Mizzou it was still in the Big 12.  You're saying if Mizzou hadn't changed conferences he wouldn't have been as good?  LMAO.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When Sam enrolled at Mizzou it was still in the Big 12.  You're saying if Mizzou hadn't changed conferences he wouldn't have been as good?  LMAO.

[/QUOTE]

No what that says is, Sam was good enough in the SEC (which is a better division than the big 12) to become defensive player of the year and if he wasn't gay his drop in the draft because of bad combine would have been from round 2 to round 4, but not enough to warrant him to drop down to the 7th. http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/awards/sec-dpoy.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/awards/sec-dpoy.html  just look at these names, just becoming DPlayer of the year in SEC should have demanded a higher draft position and I'm taking the position that because he is gay and came out as such, they "the established NFL" used his combine numbers to let him drop as far as he did.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To the few who said tonys son committed suicide cause he was gay and Tony didn't accept him.Where did you guys hear this source please or is this just a made up thing by people on bdc? The whole Sam thing is all blown , the Rams will be screwed in the media if they cut Sam.

[/QUOTE]

proof was requested pages ago.  nary a response.  Its always amusing and sad at the same time when people choose to hear only what they want to hear and then believe that unquestioningly.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

this for me as well. ^

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is this Doug using another name on the board?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just a few ... to note (and I'm adding a QB at the end)

a disastrous 40 time in the combine of 4.83 seconds sent Miller into the second round, where Oakland selected him 38th overall.  Only four tight ends ran a slower time and none of them were drafted.

second shuttle time.  Consequently, despite being the backbone of "Linebacker U," Bowman fell to the San Francisco 49ers in the third round, 91st overall.

Tom Brady QB - Brady's 5.28 40 time, second-worst among quarterbacks at the 2000 combine, reflected a larger concern about the Michigan quarterback's dubious measureables.  With a unimposing frame, questionable arm strength and bottom-of-the-barrel mobility,  Brady simply did not possess the tools to impress the scouts, even in an underwhelming quarterback class.

There ya go 3 + 1 extra and I'm sure if I did a longer search I could find numerous bad combine numbers that failed to matter when they got to a team. Your showing some latent Bigotry there Wozzy.

[/QUOTE]

AGENDA ALERT!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is this Doug using another name on the board?

[/QUOTE]

No

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

He's one of the NY knuckleheads bloviating here like they actually know something...a classic "baiter"

Sections
Shortcuts