DUPED???????!!??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

DUPED???????!!??

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/28/rolling-stone-story-goes-hard-on-patriots-handling-of-hernandez/

Maybe not. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: DUPED???????!!??

Right, and you're not a troll. Just a reasonable, objective forum member with no agenda.

Gotcha.

Please keep perpetuating that idea. 

Let's go Pats!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

So from this PFT article what did you read specifically  that they knew of AH's past before he signed his extension?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

I, personally, sent an email to the higher ups here at this newspaper and helped get Ron Borges FIRED for plagiarism.

This is the best post I've read in years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I have been saying since day 1 something does not add up here. I am not saying Kraft and BB knew or did not know, nor am I saying someone lied. What I am saying is that there seemingly too many red flags showintg up, for a team that is signing a guy early, for $40m, that the team did not see it. I was under the impression the security team at Gillette had an ex BPD guy and another guy from SE Mass...both on staff for their contacts...and another 3 guys under them...making a total of 5 people in that department. I had not heard the BPD guy was replaced. It will be interesting if the ex security guy talks..or one of the players elaborates what Light said

I can understand not properly vetting a later round draft choice...I cant understand not doing so for a guy that was due $40m...

The way this org is run, this is on Krafts doorstep...

I am not a chemist nor a drug user, so I am not quite sure what the chemical make up of angel dust is...does the NFL even test for that type of drug? didnt it go away with the 80's?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I have been saying since day 1 something does not add up here. I am not saying Kraft and BB knew or did not know, nor am I saying someone lied. What I am saying is that there seemingly too many red flags showintg up, for a team that is signing a guy early, for $40m, that the team did not see it. I was under the impression the security team at Gillette had an ex BPD guy and another guy from SE Mass...both on staff for their contacts...and another 3 guys under them...making a total of 5 people in that department. I had not heard the BPD guy was replaced. It will be interesting if the ex security guy talks..or one of the players elaborates what Light said

I can understand not properly vetting a later round draft choice...I cant understand not doing so for a guy that was due $40m...

I am not a chemist nor a drug user, so I am not quite sure what the chemical make up of angel dust is...does the NFL even test for that type of drug? didnt it go away with the 80's?

I hate to agree with you because you will get even more heat from your number 1 fan but you have been spot on from the beginning with this whole issue.  You called for BB and RK to address the media and were totally flamed by almost everyone on this board.  Yet, what happened?  BB addressed the media.  RK addressed the media.  100% spot on, no matter how news was or how ugly the deed in question, you were right.

again, sorry if I bring more heat on you for agreeing or acknowledging you being right all along.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to whodeawhodat's comment:

I hate to agree with you because you will get even more heat from your number 1 fan but you have been spot on from the beginning with this whole issue.  You called for BB and RK to address the media and were totally flamed by almost everyone on this board.  Yet, what happened?  BB addressed the media.  RK addressed the media.  100% spot on, no matter how news was or how ugly the deed in question, you were right.

again, sorry if I bring more heat on you for agreeing or acknowledging you being right all along.

Yes, once again another poster proved Rusty wrong.  As a matter of fact Rkarp has been doing it to Rusty on a regular basis.  This is a perfect example of it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I weep for the future of this country. People read something on the internet and believe every word.

Do you have any idea how dumb that makes you look as an adult?

You don't live anywhere near New England.  Most everything you know about the Pats recently, outside of actual gameplay, is from the internet. 

Dur!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Lots of people get relocated in this day and age. What is your point? I have family that attend season ticket holder events with the PAts, go to every game, practices, and have been supporting those aspects since 1978.

What does it matter if I lived in the Midwest after college and now back to the SE again for work?

You did nothing to counter what I typed to RKrap, so it appears your deflection attempt failed.

No one cares that your mommy's brother is a season ticket holder.  DoesUncle Timmy call you after the games to tell you something he saw at the game that wasn't on TV?

The point:  You bash people for believing what they read online while you get most of your information online.

It's a contradiction.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

Everyone should read the article before making comments. It clearly states that AH didn't start missing meetings and workouts until this past spring. No mention that he missed anything before that which means AH didn't give the Patriots reason not to give him the contract last year.

But this is the first we are hearing this and as it's been mentioned you can not trust a plagiarist and a lier that helped right this article.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to GO47's comment:

Everyone should read the article before making comments. It clearly states that AH didn't start missing meetings and workouts until this past spring. No mention that he missed anything before that which means AH didn't give the Patriots reason not to give him the contract last year.

But this is the first we are hearing this and as it's been mentioned you can not trust a plagiarist and a lier that helped right this article.

Do you find it odd that Spikes didn't attend voluntary workouts and it was national news, yet Hernandez skips out on paid bonus workouts and it's not reported at the time?

It seems to me that the media here or nationally, will just speculate and jump on things they may or may not get their hands on.

SPikes was working with a personal trainer to improve his footwork similar to Brady working with a boxing trainer in LA in previous offseasons.

The media didn't tell us that.

So, it's kind of comical that we're now supposed to believe half truths or speculative writing tied to those half truths.

I'd bet most of that piece is speculation, lies or incorrectly framed events.

Yes it is odd but not surprising in the least bit. Heck every 4 years we elect a president and the majority of voters believe what is fed them through sound bits.

Can't wait for the season to start!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Lots of people get relocated in this day and age. What is your point? I have family that attend season ticket holder events with the PAts, go to every game, practices, and have been supporting those aspects since 1978.

What does it matter if I lived in the Midwest after college and now back to the SE again for work?

You did nothing to counter what I typed to RKrap, so it appears your deflection attempt failed.

No one cares that your mommy's brother is a season ticket holder.  DoesUncle Timmy call you after the games to tell you something he saw at the game that wasn't on TV?

The point:  You bash people for believing what they read online while you get most of your information online.

It's a contradiction.

he also listens to Mazz and felger on a daily basis, and quotes that day's show...but he will insist he never listens to it on another thread.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I weep for the future of this country. People read something on the internet and believe every word.

Do you have any idea how dumb that makes you look as an adult?

You don't live anywhere near New England.  Most everything you know about the Pats recently, outside of actual gameplay, is from the internet. 

Dur!

I weep for the real fans on this board every day for thinking they can believe what is written on this board as facts from known liars.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

So, what are you saying? lmao

You're one of the lead morons on this.  What does it matter what drug he preferred?  Isn't it enough that he's cleary a troubled individual and now on trial for murder?

What does it really matter?  All this does is prove what I've said about you, your employer, Ron Borges, or any other person who makes their personal crusade to make money off the backs of the Kraft and BB.

It's the classic case of successsful people and the people covering them become selfish and insanely jealous for whatever the reason in the media.

Someone makes money, is successful and now it's time to try to bring them down.

Don't you realize that the whole reason BB handles the media the way he does in general is due to lack of trust?

Are you this stupid?

He gave carte blanche access to people he trusts. If you don't earn that trust, you don't get access. He's a coach and essentially in charge  of the entire organization.

TWO years ago, Bob Kraft was lauded by the press for his handling of the lockout.  Remember that? His wife died, he helped champion the end of the lockout and he was lauded, appropriately so.

But, now, the media wants a return favor for those kind words, and they don't like BB, so it's time to make things up, speculate, frame things in such a way that they can make money off the backs of the organization.

Same thing with Spygate. Same freaking thing.  Said it then, say it now.

What is so hard to understand that Hernandez was a perfect soldier here for 3 years before they came to him with deal last August?  Why does their need to be some ulterior motive from loony conspiracy theorists like you?

This team NEVER gives a second deal to a draft pick unless you earn it. Hernandez was about to be a father, was about to get married, but he clearly is a sociopath with some serious mental problems apparently in part to a sketchy upbringing.

Nothing more, nothing less. But, no one "lied".  If anyone is a liar here here, it's you.

I just caught you yesterday lying again when you claimed to have watched last week's preaeason game again, when you proved you did not.

first of all, I started my thread by clearly stating I am not accusing anyone of telling lies in the Pats org...

I simply said that there we many, many red flags on Hern that the Pats seemintgly missed, which is very surprising based on the amount of money they were paying him, and the resources they had at their disposal to check on Herns off the field issues. As reported by Tom Curran, one of your favorites, numerous players approached BB and Kraft to have issue with Hern.

The ex security chief, ex BPD officer was quoted as saying the Pats do not have a good relationship with the BPD. This is a direct quote. Will he counter and say he was misquoted? I havent seen anything yet.

Regardless of your shameless attempts to deflect anything that shiones on the Pats in this situation, it is clear mistakes were made, all of which now are water under the bridge, except who knew what, when did they know it...and the team is going to be tight against the cap next year. It would not surprise me iof BB and Kraft also get caught up in legal proceedings regarding what they knew and when they knew it.

Do you remember almost exactly 15 months ago, I posted that I clearly saw Hern in a club in NYC, blatantly breaking the law, and if I saw it, along with hundreds of others in that club, with cell phone cameras, how could the Pats not have known? Remember at that time you called me a liar? I dont have the time nor the knowledge on how to go back to old posts here at BDC...but you remember I said that...you know every little thing about me...you surely remember that

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to whodeawhodat's comment:

no he wasn't....it just seemed that way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Like my daddy always told me, "if they don't name sources then they are probably lying or the source is lying." Rolling Stone is close to closing it's doors so I wouldn't doubt they would throw integrity to the wind to make a big splash!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The safest bet...we don't know a fraction of what actually happened. When all is said and done it's likely this story magnifies 10 fold.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

More importantly for you, what will your jets do at QB this year? I heard chad Pennington might come out of retirement?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Dude.......let it go. Rivalry is over! I get your hate man. I still hate the Broncos because of John Elway but I'm not on a Broncos or Denver website sharing that hate with Broncos fans. The fact that Ron Borges of all people had a hand in this article is enough of a red flag to not take it at face value. Let it go man....Let it go.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

So from this PFT article what did you read specifically  that they knew of AH's past before he signed his extension?

I read the PFT post and the article.  Robert Kraft said that he AND the organization were duped.  IMO, it was to cover his ___ for not knowing or possibly turning a blind eye to Hernandez' aberrant behavior.  I don't blame the pats for their Hernandez decision.  They've got a business to run, but imo, they are trying to dupe us with their own duped comments.  Own up. 

Here's the potential scenarios I see. 

1) as reported it could be a problem with their security office. 

2) it may not be a problem with the security office but the pats have a business to run.  I would never assume that they could have suspected that Hernandez would kill anyone but they should know their players and the lives they lead.  This is a billion dollar + business and it's primary assets and revenue generators are its players.  This also is as public a company as there is.  When the team chooses to invest $40 million in a specific asset, I assume they dig a little more into the individual.  If they didn't that is on the pats, and they cannot claim to be duped. 

3) it is possible that the pats knew sordid things about Hernandez yet chose to take the chance anyway.  It's naive to think all players on any team are clean or lead clean lives.  Further, Hernandez hadn't been in any specific legal trouble whether or not he could have been.  Hernandez was a terrific football player with unique skill sets.  If the pats didn't re-sign him, someone else would have- quickly - and taken their own chances. 

4) I am more than willing to believe that the pats were put in an incredibly difficult position regarding their contract decision on Hernandez.  I am even willing to accept that they may have made the right decision at the time with the extension.  Winning trumps the "patriot way".  What I am not willing to accept is Kraft's words that they were duped. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Oh, let's not talk about this. Let's talk about that poor innocent lady your hero preyed upon getting paid off, not once, but twice, for your hero's filthy and despicable deeds forced upon her. You know, the ones you call a harmless college prank.

When asked after the war why he had seized the machine gun and taken on an entire company of German infantry, Audie Murphy replied simply, "They were killing my friends."

http://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/audie-murphy-2-1.jpg

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I read the PFT post and the article.  Robert Kraft said that he AND the organization were duped.  IMO, it was to cover his ___ for not knowing or possibly turning a blind eye to Hernandez' aberrant behavior.  I don't blame the pats for their Hernandez decision.  They've got a business to run, but imo, they are trying to dupe us with their own duped comments.  Own up. 

2) it may not be a problem with the security office but the pats have a business to run.  I would never assume that they could have suspected that Hernandez would kill anyone but they should know their players and the lives they lead.  This is a billion dollar + business and it's primary assets and revenue generators are its players.  This also is as public a company as there is.  When the team chooses to invest $40 million in a specific asset, I assume they dig a little more into the individual.  If they didn't that is on the pats, and they cannot claim to be duped. 

3) it is possible that the pats knew sordid things about Hernandez yet chose to take the chance anyway.  It's naive to think all players on any team are clean or lead clean lives.  Further, Hernandez hadn't been in any specific legal trouble whether or not he could have been.  Hernandez was a terrific football player with unique skill sets.  If the pats didn't re-sign him, someone else would have- quickly - and taken their own chances. 

4) I am more than willing to believe that the pats were put in an incredibly difficult position regarding their contract decision on Hernandez.  I am even willing to accept that they may have made the right decision at the time with the extension.  Winning trumps the "patriot way".  What I am not willing to accept is Kraft's words that they were duped. 

You are entitled to your opinion as is everyone on this board but you still haven't shown me what they knew specifically regarding AH's past prior to signing him in August of 2012.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Not duped.  But it is naiive for fans to think that the organization don't know more than the organization is letting on.  That's different than saying that the organization is accountable for AH's actions; which they're not.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Borges just back pedalled from every thing written in the article during an interview on 98.5 The Sports Hub. Every thing that was brought up during the interview, Borges said "It could have happened that way." Does any more need to be said? The story in RS is just a story with no basis in fact.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

You are entitled to your opinion as is everyone on this board but you still haven't shown me what they knew specifically regarding AH's past prior to signing him in August of 2012.

I don't have any information suggesting that the Pats specifically knew about any Hernandez's issues (or whether he had any) prior to giving him the large contract, and maybe he was as clean, prior to that time, as a baby after a bath.  His known previous history, however, would suggest otherwise. 

I am providing my opinion based on generally accepted ideas that teams employ security departments partially to understand the histories and activities of their players and draftees, and that teams find this to be an important task because they know many of these athletes come from backgrounds of poverty and violence and may not have led the cleanest of lifestyles leading up to and including their NFL careers.

Sections
Shortcuts