Duron Harmon - Not a reach afterall?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Duron Harmon - Not a reach afterall?

In response to tanbass' comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

With respect to the qualificaton for claiming HH status the following criteria seem to apply:

1)  One must make the totally outrageous and unreasonable claim that one doesn't know more about football than Bill Belichick.  

2) One must disagree with a certain Lone Star State poster that a draft choice labeled as a reach by Mel Kiper, Joe Schumcatelli or some other flunky posting from his/her basement is in fact a reach (whatever the f**k that is);

3)  And finally, one must have the title bestowed upon you by said Lone Star State poster.  This, above all else, is the most critical step in attaining HH status.

Yours in dwelling in benighted ignorance, I am proudly,

ATJ, HH in good standing

LOL...good stuff!!

In reality, just disagree with TP, call him out on his whining & crying, and you are in the club!! Wink

You're right of course.  But to be a member of the HH-elite it is essential that you meet the listed criteria.  I've laminted my membership card to ensure continued legibility. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

You're right of course.  But to be a member of the HH-elite it is essential that you meet the listed criteria.  I've laminted my membership card to ensure continued legibility. 

TP got really upset with me and cut my card up!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves ganging up on poor TP like that. Wilson and Harmon were reaches. Even if they become hall of famers, we could have gotten them later, thereby passing on other sure hall of famers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Harmon's a reach because BB took him at a point where some posters on this board believe was too high.  OK, they're entitled to their opinion and they've not been at all reluctant to express it.  And I'm not at all reluctant to express mine, HH that I am.  I really couldn't care less how the Mel Kiper's of the world evaluate this guy nor where Joe Schmucatelli's freeze-dried overnight can't fail draft evaluation blog has him going nor whether or not BB was in lock step with his scouting department.  The guy was taken at the bottom of the 3rd round for crying out loud - this is a pick over which Pats fans should open a vein?  Efriggingad. 

Homers like yourself keep trying to paint the picture that because Mel Kiper thought Harmon at #91 was a huge reach...that anyone who criticizes BB for making this choice is doing so, only because Kiper said it was a bad pick. The truth of the matter is that BB's own scouts strongly advised BB not to select Harmon at #91...that they thought that he could be had in round 7, or as an undrafted FA. But...BB took Harmon anyway, despite this!!  

So...let's try setting aside our BB homer bias, shall we? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Homers like yourself keep trying to paint the picture that because Mel Kiper thought Harmon at #91 was a huge reach...that anyone who criticizes BB for making this choice is doing so, only because Kiper said it was a bad pick. The truth of the matter is that BB's own scouts strongly advised BB not to select Harmon at #91...that they thought that he could be had in round 7, or as an undrafted FA. But...BB took Harmon anyway, despite this!! 

And trolls like yourself like to keep painting the picture that because you thought Tavon Wilson was a bad pick that he has been a bust thus far despite the fact that numerous other players picked after him in the 2nd round contributed much less to their teams last season.  Now you are doing the same thing with Harmon despite the fact that he hasn't played a down.  Heck you admitted that you don't care if he turns out to be a good player which is insane.  Who the hell cares about "reaches" and "steals" if the guy becomes a good player? Why don't you try setting aside your BB whiner bias?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Harmon's a reach because BB took him at a point where some posters on this board believe was too high.  OK, they're entitled to their opinion and they've not been at all reluctant to express it.  And I'm not at all reluctant to express mine, HH that I am.  I really couldn't care less how the Mel Kiper's of the world evaluate this guy nor where Joe Schmucatelli's freeze-dried overnight can't fail draft evaluation blog has him going nor whether or not BB was in lock step with his scouting department.  The guy was taken at the bottom of the 3rd round for crying out loud - this is a pick over which Pats fans should open a vein?  Efriggingad. 

Why, when the only reason Harmon was rated so poorly was because he wasn't at the combine and the only reason you think BB overruled his scouts is because some two bit blogger made the story up?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

We will have McCourty, Gregory, T.Wilson, A.Wilson, Ebner, Harmon, etc.

At this point,Im just hoping a formidable back end emerges from this group. I dont really like or dislike the pick. I just question if a whole college secondary(not named USC or Bama) can all make am impact in the NFL. I know Rutgers had a good scoring defense last year but still, we have basically the whole team and a few years back it was the same with Florida. If it works, fine. I just question the approach and wonder if its lazy scouting? leaving too many names out there. I think with all the college talent, you are selling yourself short by drafting all guys from the same school and its all on defense and our D aint exactly been lighting it up soooooo, we shall see. I actually like the Harmon kid,  but Im more concerned with if he can play. I mean we were all excited about Chung and I thought he was a better prospect and fell off the map here. Have to question what kind of coaching they are getting at some point. Not BB, but his position coaches.

I think BB has a hard time trying to get HIS safety. This goes back to Dexter Reid and the other Duke Kid he drafted that busted out. He wants a FS/SS hybrid and those are hard to find if you want them to be able to play both at a high level. Harmon is capable of playing the single high S in college but in the NFL its different. He may not be able to play in the box at 200 lbs, so its the same gamble IMO, hoping a smaller guy can play in the box if needed but be fast enough to play Free. Thats why all the 3 safey alignments,. I remember in 2002, they tried it with Milloy, Green and Tebucky but they were all SS's. I know its a passing league and you dont want to dictate coverage with Strong and Free, but what good it is having 2 Free safeties who cant hit?? Lets hope A.Wilson solves this ongoing dilemna that has happened since Rodney left.

We do have 5 Rutgers defenders, but only one of them is likely to start and he's been on this team for 3 seasons and made a pro-bowl, despite his flaws Mccourty is an above average FS.

The other 4 guys are depth and only Ryan, a GREAT value pick in rd 3, is likely to not be fighting for a job in training camp.

Were there more Florida players than Cunningham and Spikes? That doesn't seem to represent a whole defense drafted from one school when its just 2 players. Spikes was GREAT value where he was picked. Cunningham was a rd 3-4 guy BB reached on.

This is true. I think you misunderstood though. I spoke only about Rutgers whole defense being here. In florida he drafted offense and defense. Spikes, Cunningham, Hernandez, and the guy who we cut 1st year and flourished down in J-ville. Like I said, Im not knocking it until I see resuls, But I do question why taking so many from one school. Thats my gripe. Wether or not its a valid gripe....only time will tell. I wouldnt call McCourty an above average FS yet, he hasnt even played the position for a year yet. A little premature is u ask me. Good transition so far? yes, but all he has been asked to do back there so far is play deep middle and use his speed and range to get to the sidelines.

with you on the mccourty comment.

aequate so far. seen as a great safety by many here for beign adequate so far.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'll simply say you've either missed the point of every post I've put up on this subject or are intentionally avoiding mentioning it - my point?  Belichick knows more about evaluating talent than do you, TP.  That doesn't make me a homer (although I really don't care if you call me a cumquat); what that makes me is someone who respects the opinion of a proven professional over that of an interested amateur.  Shocking I know.

And please; don't claim your opinion on Harmon was in part based on Belichick not being in lock step with his scouting department on him.  You labeled the pick as 'absurd' before the scouting department/BB disagreement appeared on this board. 

How many posts do you need to see about how well Wilson has done relative to those chosen after him to recognize that your chronic hissy fit over this pick may have been premature?

Finally, there is a mounting body of evidence in your posts that you would much rather be proven right than have a draft pick you don't like succeed.  Not sure what to call that but it sure isn't the attitude of a Pats fan.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

TexasJet is the worst, most ignorant person on this board. The ignburr feature is a beautiful thing for this clown. End of discussion.

Sections
Shortcuts