Duron Harmon (Part II)

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Re: Duron Harmon (Part II)

I heard he sux....another wasted pick by BB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In all seriousness, I have liked what I've seen from him so far. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like I am not hearing his name a ton during games...when talking about secondary players, I feel this is often a good thing because it means he is not getting torched back there consistently.

I hope he continues to improve.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Instincts are critical at the Safety position.  If a guy has great instincts he can be an effective player, even if he isn't the fastest player on the field.  Harmon has great instincts and football smarts.  He's also pretty athletic for a bigger Safety.  I'm excited about him now and going forward.  Looking like a good find.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I think there was good coverage on two pass plays on that one particular drive.  Harmon on one and can't remember who the other db was on another but both passes were completed. Just good throws and good catches.  

I think both Harmon and Ryan have done a good job so far.

Considering how successful the team has been to this point with so many rookies getting significant playing time and so many vets out for the season or for a good number of games must be a testament to the depth, coaching and managing of the personnel.

I'm sure some people think it's all due to the GOAT QB carrying the team on his back.  Everyone else sucks.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

agree on Harmon. I posted this in the game thread, the guy has looked very good, led the team in tackles with 11 in the Denver game. So far he has been the anti Tavon Wilson. Although those two will be comapred for being "reaches" in the 2nd and 3rd round, I think its clear that Harmon can play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I was critical of him. I still remember yelling "What the f*** is a Duron" at my TV screen, but he hasnt been as awful as Wilson was.

He's a SS though; he hits hard, he's a good tackler, he's okay in coverage and offers great run support. His weakness seems to be deep coverage. Before being moved to Gregory's SS position the last two games he looked lost keeping guys in front of him and looking for the ball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I was critical of him. I still remember yell "What the f*** is a Duron" at my TV screen, but he hasnt been as awful as Wilson was.

For your info:

I believe Duron is a new synthetic material used in the manufacture of condoms.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think there was good coverage on two pass plays on that one particular drive.  Harmon on one and can't remember who the other db was on another but both passes were completed. Just good throws and good catches.  

I think both Harmon and Ryan have done a good job so far.

Considering how successful the team has been to this point with so many rookies getting significant playing time and so many vets out for the season or for a good number of games must be a testament to the depth, coaching and managing of the personnel.

I'm sure some people think it's all due to the GOAT QB carrying the team on his back.  Everyone else sucks.

[/QUOTE]

I think your last statement proves it is absolutely not all about brady.  Never has been and never will be.  It was not when he was hoisting lombardis too.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's only about TB in a loss or if a receiver actually makes a catch to bail him out or when the D actually does their job and bails him out, right, BB ballboy?

And now he ALSO gets no credit for the SB wins despite you pining for his return to greatness.

You are the very definition of a sick, obsessed, jealous troll.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

The rookies in general are playing well. Except for Boyce, they have all had some contribution. 

Harmon is what he is....smart, sure tackler...Sanders is a good comp IMO. He is a step slow, and this will cost him in coverage against certain teams. 

as usual I am in the minority. I thought TWilson played reasonably well last year. I thought he had reasonable upside. I also thought he played well in camp this past summer. I have to assume his issues are between the ears. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

I am sick and obsessed because I know football is a team game and other players besides brady help our team do good things.

[/QUOTE]

No! You are sick and obsessed because you blame EVERYTHING on one person and have no concept of what a team is.

You are sick for actually denying this and acting all innocent when the entire board knows you've been doing this for years.

Seek help!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I remember draft day.  Who??  He could easily have gone undrafted!  Is Duron Harmon a real name?  Why on earth is BB drafting only guys from Rutgers?

Halfway through his rookie year, the third rounder is on the field.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

Only one who needs help is you. You get angry when players who do not own sb rings play well for our team, especially on defense.  Look at your angry tone

You are angry bb brought in what appears to be good younger players.

[/QUOTE]

Not angry at all.  I think Harmon has held his own, think after 5 years of a crappy D, there is Finally some sense of relief. I don't have to hold my breath as much as when the D is on the field.  It's about damn time.  Middle of the pack is a definite improvement over the prior years debacle..

Unlike you, I rarely bash an individual player.  If I do, it's something like a bonehead fumble because that's what happened at the time.  But I never rag on a single player, relentlessly.

I will, however, bash a 31st ranked D because that is an entire part of the game that is lacking.

And I will blame the GM who put a 31st ranked D on the field because HE IS responsible for that, no matter how you try to cover that up by bashing Brady.

No one else is responsible for the product on the field.  NO ONE!.

Also think Talib makes everyone around him better and lauded that signing from the first day.  I posted the signing and you immediately came in blasting me liking a name on the jersey signing.

Just don't like how they play without him.  Same ol, same ol, with some of the same reoccurring issues.

The run D is atrocious but explainable and somewhat excusable.  Somewhat!

You see, we the real fans are happier that there is some semblance of a complete team (although the O had severe problems, initially ) unlike you who is totally miserable if Brady has an exceptional game and refuses (because you are mentally ill) to give him credit for anything, even if it is just making the team around him better.  That's what great players do.

That's undeniable!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I like him, he hits people, tackles well, seems generally to be in position to make plays. I don't have access to coaches tape so it's hard to judge much beyond that. I'd say pretty much the same thing about Logan Ryan by the way.

For rookies playing safety and CB, not sure what else you can ask. Compare them to guys like Butler and Wilhite when they were rookies, there's no comp. Add in Dennard, and I'd say they've done well the last couple of years shoring up a relatively weak area.  

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought he looked pretty good at times over the summer...the comparison to Sanders is pretty interesting...I'd like to see more of him. I loved watching Sanders break down in space and make the tackle, I imagine Harmon could do the same. Everything I've read about the kid says he's a hard working guy in the weight room - be nice to see him turn into something a bit better than Sanders.

I've been impressed with Ryan too, when I first saw his college stuff I thought...he won't be on the field for more than ten seconds without drawing a flag. So far he has gotten away with his physical play and they usually let a lot of that go in the playoffs anyway. I haven't really counted, but has he been flagged a lot for pass interference? I know he isn't yet playing regularly so it may be hard to tell at this point, but as far as I can see he is doing fine.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The rookies in general are playing well. Except for Boyce, they have all had some contribution. 

Harmon is what he is....smart, sure tackler...Sanders is a good comp IMO. He is a step slow, and this will cost him in coverage against certain teams. 

as usual I am in the minority. I thought TWilson played reasonably well last year. I thought he had reasonable upside. I also thought he played well in camp this past summer. I have to assume his issues are between the ears. 

[/QUOTE]

See I disagree on Wilson, I thought physically he was nothing special...nothing great in size and speed. There was quite a bit of film stuff on the Internet on this kid (for whatever that's worth) and if you watch it you'll see undrafted nobody's blowing right past him. The only thing I saw good about him was that he had what looked like really long arms.

Watching stuff on Ryan and Harmon (again for what it's worth) I thought they both showed more. Harmon looked more physical and although Ryan plays a different spot, looked like he could stick with someone. I will say I thought Ryan was going to get flagged a lot for pass interference...every time I watched him he was grabbing/holding on to someone, but so far so good.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

Pats d was never ranked 31st in points allowed.  Nice job trolling my thread, you miserable turd.

[/QUOTE]

No they were ranked 31st in pass D and 3rd down D which is the reason they never left the field and squandered valuable possessions that the O could have used to score.

They have always been middle of the pack in points scored and that is even skewed by the limited possessions and the decreased amount of stops they have to make compared to other teams that have to make more stops per game., 

Giving up 19 points in 8 possessions does not = giving up 19 points in 12 possessions.  Even giving up 30 points in 13 possessions is better than giving up 19 pts in 8 possessions, statistically. the team giving up 30 points has a BETTER point per drive average.

Points can be low but game is not equal with 4 less stops to make.  Same goes for scoring.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pats d was never ranked 31st in points allowed.  Nice job trolling my thread, you miserable turd.

[/QUOTE]

No they were ranked 31st in pass D and 3rd down D which is the reason they never left the field and squandered valuable possessions that the O could have used to score.

They have always been middle of the pack in points scored and that is even skewed by the limited possessions and the decreased amount of stops they have to make compared to other teams that have to make more stops per game., 

Giving up 19 points in 8 possessions does not = giving up 19 points in 12 possessions.  Even giving up 30 points in 13 possessions is better than giving up 19 pts in 8 possessions, statistically. the team giving up 30 points has a BETTER point per drive average.

Points can be low but game is not equal with 4 less stops to make.  Same goes for scoring.

[/QUOTE]

Pats d has led the afc 3 years in a row in turnovers for our offense to work with here.  Do not talk like brady has been a victim of fewer possessions

That is preposterous.

[/QUOTE]

e
    Actually they have been because of the poor defensive time of possession. 

The turn overs don't account to much if they are still losing possessions due to ToP and yes their ToP has been abysmal.

Right now  Denver's D is having to make one more stop per game.  The point per game difference is minimal.  Taking into account they have to stop more drives than the Pats do, they are actually better in points per drive and  are therefore, better..  Truth

Toodles...  got to run

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts