Duron Harmon

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Duron Harmon

Rusty -

This is the epitome of Belichick laying in the weeds.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Brady2Moss07's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Arm chair drafters know so much more than BB lol

arm chair GM's called Matthews and most didn't like the 09' draft so yes every so often we do pick better then BB, just not often.

[/QUODuo so how many calls you got from the nfl this year for gm position?

Don't give me that, every so often arm chair GM's get things right, BB is just much better at it by far. But, he isn't perfect (08 and 09 drafts anyone?). Questioning his moves doesn't require such extreme snide comments as it's been shown BB doesn't get every pick right and some of his more head scratchers esp don't work out. Price, McKenzie?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

We can spin it every way we want but all I heard was how deep this draft was for rounds 2-3.  So, why was there a reach at #91 for this guy?   Please, please, no one try to say this guy wasn't going to be around at #102.

The clock was ticking down under 30 seconds and I'm sure I wasn't the only Pats fan who thought maybe a trade was in the works.  It really looks a lot like last year in round 2 with Tavon Wilson.  It's a real headscratcher.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

Thamks for the inside look at a very likable kid. He has skills and he is from a school whose program resembles the Patriots in their defensive scheme. I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted Mark Harrison in the 7th round.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

LETS FACE IT THE DRAFT IS A CRAP SHOOT BUT THAT BEING SAID i LIKE THE 1ST 3 PICKS THE pATS CHOSE BUT i WOULD HAVE TAKEN Stedman Bailey instead of the safety from Rutgers? I loved Randall Cobb back in the past draFt and I think Bailey will be as good as Cobb if not better--BTW was really suprised the Pats didn't take a BIG D tackle to sit next to Vince with the second 3rd rounder -Will be shocked if they dont go D lineman with the 4th and dlineman and Offesnsive lineman with the 3 7ths. Sorry about the Caps off and on but I'm PLASTERED drunk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to getdrunkstupit's comment:

im starting to think they didn't prepare at all for the extra picks.  I see some impact players left behind and some non experience players jumped on by the pats. 

what kind of preparation could you have done when 20-30 other players were far more talented and available in the 3rd rd

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

We can spin it every way we want but all I heard was how deep this draft was for rounds 2-3.  So, why was there a reach at #91 for this guy?   Please, please, no one try to say this guy wasn't going to be around at #102.

The clock was ticking down under 30 seconds and I'm sure I wasn't the only Pats fan who thought maybe a trade was in the works.  It really looks a lot like last year in round 2 with Tavon Wilson.  It's a real headscratcher.

its time to end teh gm reign. if that makes him quit. fine. there are good caoches that can win

and much better gms able to do more than stockpile picks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to Army2LT's comment:

I have 2 draft magazines and he is in neither one.

Sweet!

Basically any player we draft after the second round isn't in draft publications. I like to think we are wicked smart, but picks like this are really starting to make me wonder if maybe we haven't fired our entire draft team and now just send Belichick's kid in a van to travel around the country. 

"fired our entire draft team"

someting i suggested we do a coule years ago. now its jsut time to rebuild the org and fire the gm

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Amen...Mr. James Augustus Hunter. Whether this guy can play or not, there was no need to use the 91st overall pick on him. Much, much too early for such an unheralded player. Why not use that 91st pick, and trade down for a 4th and a 6th, if this is the guy you want? Why not use the 91st pick on OL depth, another WR, DL depth, or on a QB like Matt Barkley, or Nassib? Can't understand why BB pulls stuff like this. Why not try to get a guy who some day may develop into a starter...rather than a guy who will end up being special teams fodder.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

I am a big supporter Of Bill B. but right now am shaking my head, I thought we needed D-line and wide receivers and in the third round had chances at who I thought were better players. I know I do not spend hours upon hours studying the players and attempting to evaluate the proper fit but this year am confused.  Can someone help me, Rutgers is not a football powerhouse and we just spent our entire third round on two of their players, saw some decent reviews of logan ryan but have not seen much other than the material presented here on Harmon.  I realize the pats do not need a ton of new talent but would have used these picks on potential d-linemen and wide receivers. Again this is my opinion and hope these last two players can step up and be players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KWPatsFan. Show KWPatsFan's posts

Rusty, I'm not complaining about Bill's selection, just the way he did it.  Wasteing a 3rd rounder on him when he could have been had in the 7th doesn't make any sense.  Just like Wilson last year, could have been had in the 5th, why waste a 2nd rounder. 

Pretty sure this guy would have been around in the 7th or trade two 7's for a 6 and grad him not in the third.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Arm chair drafters know so much more than BB lol

arm chair GM's called Matthews and most didn't like the 09' draft so yes every so often we do pick better then BB, just not often.

Isn't that the definition of 'even a busted clock is right twice a day'!Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I'm so tired of people whining about "head scratchers".

Vollmer and Solder were real 'head scratchers'.

McCourty was a reach.

Jones too raw.

Gronk too many medical questions.

Hernandez was a pot smoker.

Mesko's a punter.

Spikes was too slow.

Too bad we didn't pass on ALL these unproven guys! In the draft I want GUARANTEES ONLY! At the very least, I want someone who the mainstream media can support. No highlights when drafted? Totally unnacceptable pick.

They should've taken Teo in the first, and Honey Badger in the second...then taken a BDC poll to see who was wanted in the third. Yes, offseason PR Champions!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Also "could've gotten him in X round"...what? I'm sorry, apparently other people know how 31 other teams were going to execute their draft. I know, Kiper, Mayock and Shefter are never wrong, so if they say 5th round grade...by george, they were a 5th rounder!!!!

Let these kids fking play before soiling your panties.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

McCourty was a reach.

Jones too raw.

Mesko's a punter.

Spikes was too slow.

Too bad we didn't pass on ALL these unproven guys! In the draft I want GUARANTEES ONLY! At the very least, I want someone who the mainstream media can support. No highlights when drafted? Totally unnacceptable pick.

They should've taken Teo in the first, and Honey Badger in the second...then taken a BDC poll to see who was wanted in the third. Yes, offseason PR Champions!!!!!!!

Don't lump Harmon in with Gronk, Hern, Vollmer and the rest.  There's a huge difference between guys who are very talented but had baggage that caused them to slip and guys that are not on anyone's radar.   If you can't see the difference, well ...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to Army2LT's comment:

I have 2 draft magazines and he is in neither one.

Sweet!

Just remember, draft magazines are written by people who can't get a job drafting for real teams!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

BB should be banned from drafting players in the secondary. Every year since 07 has been our biggest hole. Boyer should be fired, no one has improved from year one to two. Out ofAll the picks that have have been used, two have made somewhat of an impact... Merriweather and McCourty, two f'n FS what a joke. 

Lets play a game of how many dbacks have been drafted and signed since 07!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Also "could've gotten him in X round"...what? I'm sorry, apparently other people know how 31 other teams were going to execute their draft. I know, Kiper, Mayock and Shefter are never wrong, so if they say 5th round grade...by george, they were a 5th rounder!!!!

Let these kids fking play before soiling your panties.

LOL..."soiling your panties"! Gotta love it!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

McCourty was a reach.

Jones too raw.

Mesko's a punter.

Spikes was too slow.

Don't lump Harmon in with Gronk, Hern, Vollmer and the rest.  There's a huge difference between guys who are very talented but had baggage that caused them to slip and guys that are not on anyone's radar.   If you can't see the difference, well ...

Vollmer was rated an undrafted free agent by most draftniks, Brady was rated an undrafted free agent by most draftniks, I would call those two as "guys that are not on anyone's radar." 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

McCourty was a reach.

Jones too raw.

Mesko's a punter.

Spikes was too slow.

Vollmer was rated an undrafted free agent by most draftniks, Brady was rated an undrafted free agent by most draftniks, I would call those two as "guys that are not on anyone's radar." 

Thankfully there are still some draft links from when Vollmer was drafted ...

"Vollmer's upside, size and athleticism means he'll be selected sometime mid-afternoon Sunday on draft weekend"

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/sebastian-vollmer?id=89814

"Projected Round: 3-4"

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=33032&draftyear=2009&genpos=OT

It's nice to rewrite history, but facts are stubborn things.  Those were the first 2 boards I found.  So, UDFA is completely wrong.

Also, Brady was not on the list for the guy I responded to.   Brady is a once in a lifetime pick.

Now, show me one draft board that has Harmon going in the first 4 rounds.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Just a thought - which GM do we want to replace BB with?

Ossie from Balt? - didn't he just have to jetison 7 or 8 starters because of salary cap issues, and then sign his QB for 4M/year than he could have done last summer. 

That guy up in GB who brilliantly stole Mathews from us. Just signed his QB at 22M/yr. Actually I really like him, but isn't that because he has a brillinat QB so just like BB his track record really doesn't count. Oh yeah, and his team hasn't been as consitent or any more successful than BB

That new guy in Denver - a little early to tell, his record is based on having that HOF QB just like BB, and I bet the Denver Fans are screaming about 'where is the help for the DBs!' in this draft.

SF and Seattle - looks good at the moment but an awfully small sample size.

Atlanta - well at least they finally won a playoff game last year.

Pittsburgh - sure seemed to be brilliant a few years ago ... now, not so much!

Who are your candidates?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

maybe just maybe the partiots brought in a season polished veteran like adrian wilson to help groom the young safeties that bb has drafted the last 2 years (tavon wilson and duron harmon). yes it was a questionable pick, but it could pay off in the future. never know till the cleats hit the field running.

Sections
Shortcuts