Dusty Keller Signs With Miami

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Dusty Keller Signs With Miami

miami is going to be #2 in the division and will probobaly compete for a wild card...pats and dolphins making moves, jets are doing nothing....priceless.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Lamar Miller is projected to be the starter. Miami is apparently looking at corners in the draft where there is depth at that position

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

LOL

A TE that was traded up for in Rd 1 in the 2008 draft after they picked Vernon Gholston.

Cannot be made up.

Then, NY drafted Sanchez #5 overall for an 8.5 cap hit in 2013 whether he's there or not, Kyle Wilson to be paid as much as Arrington who plays a worse nickel and can't play on the outside, to where they overrate Wilkerson and now Coples.

Good times indeed!

Love it, 6-10 and getting worse!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

miami is going to be #2 in the division and will probobaly compete for a wild card...pats and dolphins making moves, jets are doing nothing....priceless.

+1

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

It might take Miami a year to adjust to all those new players. I also can't even name their starting CBs.

the current CBs are unlikely to be their starters come opening day. Rumor is, Grimes is in Miami right now meeting with team officials. They are definitely going to sign/draft 2 CBs either way. I'm thinking one of Nnamdi/Grimes, and draft one in the 1st round. maybe draft the honey badger in the 3rd round too. at least that's my ideal plan for CBs going forward.

Will Tannehill regress in year 2?  Daniel THomas is the lead RB? Ouch.

Lamar miller is our #1 HB, unsure whether we sign/trade for/draft one.
    We're moving more towards a passing attack so the need for a really good HB is lessened (granted, we still need a servicable HB. not sure if Miller is that guy -doubtful-).

We'll see. They're in better position than the Jets. Everyone is, including Buffalo, the Chiefs and the Raiders.

the Phins will likely be playoff contenders if they continue to make smart moves. It is too early right now to say, but i am optimistic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

LOL

A TE that was traded up for in Rd 1 in the 2008 draft after they picked Vernon Gholston.

Cannot be made up.

Then, NY drafted Sanchez #5 overall for an 8.5 cap hit in 2013 whether he's there or not, Kyle Wilson to be paid as much as Arrington who plays a worse nickel and can't play on the outside, to where they overrate Wilkerson and now Coples.

Good times indeed!

Love it, 6-10 and getting worse!

6-10 is being generous. The thought of the Jets getting Kevin Kolb is hilarious. I guess they are going with a 5 QB set. Where is LEON to gives us more words of wisdom? The Jets will be the worst team in the NFL before it's all over with.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In response to Jimmy42Jack0's comment:

Lamar Miller is projected to be the starter. Miami is apparently looking at corners in the draft where there is depth at that position

Well, good for them. I just think it will take them a couple years for these new pieces to settle in. They always do this. Back in 2009 and into 2010, the jets and Dolphins had Sean Smith, Vontae Davis at CB, Bell at Safety, paid for Danbsy, Bush, Brandon Marshall etc, made all these big splashes, but their base hasn't been built. They took Odrick in Rd 1 in 2010, too.

That's the problem. The Jets did the same thing, but did it WORSE.

Miami overpaid the most and will be hyped the most, too.

Sean smith is terrible. I'm glad he is gone. Dansby was a nice player but he wasn't a good pass rusher and did little to create turnovers which is something Ellerbee appears to excel at. Bush dances at the line so much he should be on Dancing with the stars. Marshall dropped touchdowns left and right, threw his Qb under the bus and was a head case off the field. 

Comparing the off seasons at this point is kinda silly. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

What's funny is they signed Mike Goodson from the Raiders to a 3 yr 6.9 million dollar contract and he was buried behind McFadden and Bush. you can blame good old Mike Tannenbaum for putting them into cap hell. To think Revis may be on his way out and they have Kyle shrimpy arms Wilson as a shutdown corner along with Antonio Cromartie. this is getting better all the time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

[QUOTE]

It might take Miami a year to adjust to all those new players. I also can't even name their starting CBs.

the current CBs are unlikely to be their starters come opening day. Rumor is, Grimes is in Miami right now meeting with team officials. They are definitely going to sign/draft 2 CBs either way. I'm thinking one of Nnamdi/Grimes, and draft one in the 1st round. maybe draft the honey badger in the 3rd round too. at least that's my ideal plan for CBs going forward.

We're moving more towards a passing attack so the need for a really good HB is lessened (granted, we still need a servicable HB. not sure if Miller is that guy -doubtful-).

We'll see. They're in better position than the Jets. Everyone is, including Buffalo, the Chiefs and the Raiders.

the Phins will likely be playoff contenders if they continue to make smart moves. It is too early right now to say, but i am optimistic.

From what I saw of Lamar Miller at the U, the kid absolutely has the goods. Needs to work on his pass blocking but he has great speed and hands

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

[QUOTE]

From what I saw of Lamar Miller at the U, the kid absolutely has the goods. Needs to work on his pass blocking but he has great speed and hands

that's what i hear. which is why i wouldn't cry if they went the rest of the offseason without picking up another HB..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Well, good for them. I just think it will take them a couple years for these new pieces to settle in. They always do this. Back in 2009 and into 2010, the jets and Dolphins had Sean Smith, Vontae Davis at CB, Bell at Safety, paid for Danbsy, Bush, Brandon Marshall etc, made all these big splashes, but their base hasn't been built. They took Odrick in Rd 1 in 2010, too.

That's the problem. The Jets did the same thing, but did it WORSE.

Miami overpaid the most and will be hyped the most, too.

Sean smith is terrible. I'm glad he is gone. Dansby was a nice player but he wasn't a good pass rusher and did little to create turnovers which is something Ellerbee appears to excel at. Bush dances at the line so much he should be on Dancing with the stars. Marshall dropped touchdowns left and right, threw his Qb under the bus and was a head case off the field. 

Comparing the off seasons at this point is kinda silly. 

I was more compring the approach of Parcells/Ireland snd now Ireland. It's the same thing. They don't play the market and let it come to them. They just randomnly go after who they think is the best player at a weak position and overpay.

Huge mistake.

Parcells dealt two 1sts and then paid Marshall #1 money.   It's moronic. Now, Mike Wallace at 13 million? He's a one trick pony for crying out loud.

Um except Parcells favored big, slow players he thought could push people around and the current Ireland is go going for speed guys. Maybe to a certain extent it's a similar philosophy but the type of personnel he is bringing in is completely different. I mean Rusty, you could probably beat Marshall in a foot race. 

Nevermind the fact that Wallace's contract is backloaded to a time where the Phins have a lot of money coming off the books. And for a one trick pony, Wallace has caught a lot of touchdowns and Tannehill throws a beautiful deep ball. Keeping Hartline with in between routes and Bess and Keller underneath and that offense looks a lot better on paper

Sections
Shortcuts