DXmn it...I want to go for broke!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

DXmn it...I want to go for broke!

I understand trades in the NFL are rare

I understand the Pats trading before the deadline is even rarer

That being said....I want to go for broke...before it's too late

I want that 4th ring for Brady and BB

The window is closing

Our D is stout but needs some D line help

Brady needs weapons...now...

I don't care about future picks

Call the G Men---they are out of it and maxed at the CAP and too many free agents to keep...ask about Tuck....ask about Nicks...

Jaguars....who ya got...Blackmon available...

Tampa....looking to move McCoy...

I don't care...get something done and get it done now....

Go for it...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Re: DXmn it...I want to go for broke!

Please submit your request to the coaching office at Gillette, I'm sure they will take your concerns into consideration.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Looter,

Rather than rant and rave, take a look at next years salary cap...the Pats need make some drastic and unpopular moves to simply sign next years rookie draft choices...signing their own FA's, which is what they prefer to do, will be hard...taking on a salary from another team at a very high value does not fit under the cap...

why do you think 30% of this roster is first or 2nd year players? Mesko not here? Wes not here? Woody not here?

Look at next years salary cap, and then direct your ranting and raving where it belongs...

Many here on the board feel this team is on the right track, and set up to be a dynasty. All the youth is done with purpose for the next 2-5 years.

I said it before TB re negotiated. His contract is set up that most of his $$$ are bonus...if this team is 8-8 or 9-7 the next 2 years, TB will NOT play out his contract and walk away into his next life, and get a lot of his money due to his contract structure... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

There is such an element of luck even if you go for broke.

There is not doubt the the Giants are in the mess they are today as payment for there SB wins.

Giants fans would probably not trade their rings for the chance at being upper middle of the pack contenders this year and last. (there is one on this board that can confirm this)

Of course they were a couple plays away from having no rings at all this century but that would not prevented them from still being in this mire. In that case I am not sure they would be as accepting of this year. (meaning they would be calling for Coughlins job)

It is very likely the most talented team does not win the SB anyway..the team that peaks at the right time does. Look at the Ravens, they just came together at the right time, might have been 5 teams better than them on paper.

So if the Pats go for broke this year and then are 3-13 in three years and are getting pummeled by the Jets and Bills will you be OK with that if they come up just short again in the SB?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Looter,

Rather than rant and rave, take a look at next years salary cap...the Pats need make some drastic and unpopular moves to simply sign next years rookie draft choices...signing their own FA's, which is what they prefer to do, will be hard...taking on a salary from another team at a very high value does not fit under the cap...

why do you think 30% of this roster is first or 2nd year players? Mesko not here? Wes not here? Woody not here?

Look at next years salary cap, and then direct your ranting and raving where it belongs...

Many here on the board feel this team is on the right track, and set up to be a dynasty. All the youth is done with purpose for the next 2-5 years.

I said it before TB re negotiated. His contract is set up that most of his $$$ are bonus...if this team is 8-8 or 9-7 the next 2 years, TB will NOT play out his contract and walk away into his next life, and get a lot of his money due to his contract structure... 

Certainly they know what they are doing. Be very interested to see if the so called window closes when Brady retires or not until BB retires or...stays open as long as the Pats are owned by the Kraft family. (that would be great if true)

I suspect it has more to do with BB, and they will still be contenders regardless of the QB as long as BB is coach.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I only care about this year...

Yes it's all about TB/BB and the 4th ring they deserve..

I do not believe there is much time left....

I would be willing to make a deal with the Devil to make the 4th ring happen for them both.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I would be willing to make a deal with the Devil to make the 4th ring happen for them both.

At least you are clear about it. I suppose they could trade away the next 3 years draft choices for all the gems on the losing teams and restructure everyones contract possible to pay for the new players. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Yes, and I do understand it's very short sighted..and will mess us up CAP numbers 2015 and beyond...

But, IMHO TB/BB will never get the reconition they deserve by the media outside of NE without that 4th ring. Here, of course they will, but outside of here they don't. I normally don't give a rats azz what others think but this is football history and the 2 of them have earned this and I hope they can pull it off. Make no doubt that time is very short and a risk reward move is needed to make it happen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I sympathize with your drive for greatness but making a deal with the devil has never worked for anyone. Sometimes, plugging along year after year in mediocrity and slowly getter better and better is superior than shooting for glory and going down in flames.

The difficulty for us sports addicts is our narcisistic need for eternal glory and remembrance which pulls us back to "going for broke"  that leads to exactly that: continued  failure.     

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

NoMore...  In all the years I have followed BB and how the Pats manage their roster, I do not recall them making spur of the moment moves to achieve immediate gratification.  Something quite a few posters here seem to want.  BB always looked for a player that fits a need on the cheap or get a player who when coached up really winds up being a "find".  Those "name" players the Pats have gotten onto the roster were gotten at prices lower than market because the player, it appears at first, wanted to be part of a winner then just did not want to do the work.  This formula has worked quite well since the early 2000's and appears to be in place to continue for a few more years.

What is driving this fan base so crazy this year, is the role reversal in which the offense appears to have gone downhill and the defense is on the rise.  I do not believe anyone thought the offense would be so poor one year removed from last years version.  Either way, for this team, as it is constituted to be 4 - 1 with all that has happened, and with injured players yet to return, portends something good for the patient fans. 

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Yes, and I do understand it's very short sighted..and will mess us up CAP numbers 2015 and beyond...

But, IMHO TB/BB will never get the reconition they deserve by the media outside of NE without that 4th ring. Here, of course they will, but outside of here they don't. I normally don't give a rats azz what others think but this is football history and the 2 of them have earned this and I hope they can pull it off. Make no doubt that time is very short and a risk reward move is needed to make it happen.

There is NO money to sign anyone this year BECAUSE the Pats are ALREADY in cap hell for 2014.  5M in this years cap will likely go to next years cap in some form, whether they extend existing players or carry it over.  Sorry.

They should have done that before they wasted 11m, with worthless contracts, in dead money, this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

I understand trades in the NFL are rare

I understand the Pats trading before the deadline is even rarer

That being said....I want to go for broke...before it's too late

I want that 4th ring for Brady and BB

The window is closing

Our D is stout but needs some D line help

Brady needs weapons...now...

I don't care about future picks

Call the G Men---they are out of it and maxed at the CAP and too many free agents to keep...ask about Tuck....ask about Nicks...

Jaguars....who ya got...Blackmon available...

Tampa....looking to move McCoy...

I don't care...get something done and get it done now....

Go for it...

I understand your frustration. Some team must step up and stop the Denver Horsefaces.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Tex...  could Denver be the Pats of 2007?  All offense and a defense which can't stop the other team when it has to?  Like we saw in 2007 with the Pats in the SB, if the Denver O faces a D that can stifle them while the O of that team scores easily against their D like we saw Dallas do.  That 51 - 48 win does not make Denver look like a strong SB contender with that D unless it is a shootout.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I was under the belief that the CAP will rise 5-6% a year for the next 5 years. I am also still holding out hope that the AH contract will be voided.

One or two key additions would really solidify this team.