Dynasty is OVER

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Dynasty is OVER

Bubba, I can't believe you sent us to a Shaughnessy article. I read it and I didn't cuss at him as much as I normally do. He made some fair points.

I never liked the dy nasty word. If we had won 9 out of 10 super bowls now you're talking dynasty. Team of the decade works just fine.

We haven't seen a lot of these players in the playoffs until now. It was not pretty.

The top 3 things the Pats need to do to be competitive with the "elite" teams in the NFL:

1. Dump the players who didn't show up yesterday.
    2. Use draft picks wisely. We really need a good draft.
    3. Fill holes with free agents.

We need an overhaul of players. There was no excuse for that home playoff debacle.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Never over til the fat lady sings...however, after Sunday at Foxboro, I have come to the conclusion that things will continue to change...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

After all this panic, I still predict the pats to finish 13-3 next year and win the AFC east :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat. Show seattlepat's posts

(shaninigan) "I don't know where the blame lies, there is plenty to go around.  I saw the O-line and D-line losing thier battles every down.  I don't think it matters what schemes are drawn up if they can't beat thier man."

____

that's what i saw too. before the ravens game i thought that olb was the biggest need. it still is a big need given thomas is probably gone. however, the i am not sure olb is the biggest need. this team cannot be eilte until they fix both lines. i think now that both lines have the biggest holes the team needs to fill asap.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I don't question Robert Kraft.  He's still a smart cookie.  He's the one that pulled Bill Belichick away from the Jets head coaching position 10 years ago. 

This is the ninth year in a row that the team has stayed above 10-6, which is usually enough to make the playoffs.  I suspect the team could have gone 11-5 but BB wanted to play Hoyer at QB a week ago and play musical chairs with the O-line during the whole game. 

The Patriots are likely to get (just my guess) the #3 pick in the  2011 draft, its compensation from Oakland, and two extra second rounders, somewhere around #45 and #46, in the 2010 draft.  Swimming lessons for sharks.  I don't see why the Patriots won't make the playoffs in 2010 too. 

If Wes Welker doesn't recover, we will miss him.  If Brandon Tate and Doug McKenzie don't recover, we will miss them too.  However, football goes on. 

The team just suffered the heartbreaking loss of their 123 pass-catching receiver one week before the playoffs, a guy who led the league for two seasons in a row.  So, they were discombobulated and played terrible.  Things happen.   But to say the dynasty is over on the strength of one playoff game is wrong.  Their hot quarterback is still piling up first downs, their coach is still piling up wins and they're going to get stronger relative to many other teams with their drafts. 

59-0 ?  In the middle of the third quarter?  Who does that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"I still think there is a chance to reverse the current trend, but I would bet good $$$ that the Jets may run right by them next year.  That defense is rock solid. "
    schwank
    --------------
    Our defense is relatively young, but definitely NOT rock solid. We need a couple of decent pass rushers, a shutdown corner, and a safety that can hurt people and make game changing plays.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"Bubba, I can't believe you sent us to a Shaughnessy article. I read it and I didn't cuss at him as much as I normally do. He made some fair points.

I never liked the dy nasty word. If we had won 9 out of 10 super bowls now you're talking dynasty. Team of the decade works just fine.

We haven't seen a lot of these players in the playoffs until now. It was not pretty.

The top 3 things the Pats need to do to be competitive with the "elite" teams in the NFL:

1. Dump the players who didn't show up yesterday.
    2. Use draft picks wisely. We really need a good draft.
    3. Fill holes with free agents.

We need an overhaul of players. There was no excuse for that home playoff debacle. " DIGGER

---------------

I had to post something to bump up the thread....lol :)
    I didn't even read it....