E. J. Manuel Suffered Sprained Knee Only

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

E. J. Manuel Suffered Sprained Knee Only

Bills rookie QB E.J. Manuel learned a painful lesson last night about getting out of bounds, rather taking a hit. But, he escaped with just a ligament sprain. He won't need surgery, and should miss only 3-4 weeks: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/04/manuel-has-lcl-sprain-wont-need-surgery/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: E. J. Manuel Suffered Sprained Knee Only

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

He'll get hurt again.  These run based QBs just don't get it.  The odds increase for injury, especially concussions now, for these Qbs who think they should run a lot.

what is your problem?  These running qbs didnt just start playing. Injuries been happening. Why do you laugh and get a woody at injured players?  Also why do you always ask WHY Brady doesnt scramble when he can, he who posseses the slowest 40 time in history of the combine, but you will say QBs who CAN run, should not??  Weird. You sure you are a pats fan? or is it that you hate Brady so much you would wish injury on HIM too?

I dont think I want you being a fan of the Pats. In fact, I think your bad luck mojo and voodoo doll are the probably the reason we lose every year and you come back and blame Brady because you probably stuck pins in his arm during the whole game. You are one Classy guy I tell ya!

This what happens when you have a Brady Agenda. You get caught up being a hypocrite like now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

He's right though. QBs like Brady, Manning, Brees, Ryan, Eli, Luck etc play every single year and are the most consistent. Qbs like RGIII, Vick, Manuel etc tend to get knocked around all year causing them to miss games and/or become inconsistent in their passing.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I don't believe running QBs will ever be that successful in the NFL. The passing game in the NFL  is too complex for most human beings.  If you find a guy who can throw effectively in these complex offenses, chances are he won't also be a great runner and, even if he is, you certainly don't want to risk losing him to injury in the running game.  While it's true that a dual threat QB creates problems for a defense, the advantages gained for the offense by having a good running QB aren't great enough to risk losing a truly good passer to injury.  And it's also very rare that a good passer is nearly as good a runner as even just an average NFL running back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Now it's being reported that Manuel is going to miss at least six (6) weeks: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/04/sans-manuel-for-6-weeks-all-options-open-for-bills/ 

Is Josh Freeman now a possibility? If so, what happens when Manuel is ready to return? It's looks like another bleak year in upstate New York. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"These run based QBs just don't get it.  The odds increase for injury, especially concussions now, for these Qbs who think they should run a lot."

I agree. But, some movement or elusiveness in the pocket is helpful. I think Aaron Rodgers has it about right in terms of longevity and elusiveness. 

" Why do you laugh and get a woody at injured players?"

I didn't see that in this post from Rusty. Maybe in others, I dunno, but didn't see any sign of that here. You're reaching. 

Rusty's view on Brady's mobility I tend to agree with, though I think he underestimates the physical limitations a bit. I'm ok now but in the playoffs Brady has to take the yards. I think he will, we'll see. 

Where I would take issue with Rusty is the ease of game planning. In the case of Roethlessdateraper, the inability to take him down on a rush and his ability to extend plays is very, very difficult to game plan for. If he was just rushing downfield, sure, but staying on your feet and looking to pass is very dangerous. 

Yes, it probably will shorten his career. But it doesn't mean it's easy to game plan for it. 

That's the model in my view. but you have to not only be elusive but big/tough to tackle to really pull it off. 

Right now Rodgers is the gold standards with Wilson and to some extent Luck doing it well also

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Urlacher is still smoldering from Brady's last run.  That's good enough for one life time and for me.  I don't want Brady to run, ever.  A 15 yard penalty and cheap shot could change the season and possibly the team. No thanks. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

I am with Rusty on this one. Brady needs to run for a few yards IF he sees daylight. I don't 

want him to be stupid about and I know he won't because the man plays scared at the point of 

contact. Much like Manning does. 

Sections
Shortcuts