E. Sanders signed to offer sheet

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

Re: E. Sanders signed to offer sheet

My opinion has not changed: BB believes that, overall, this year's NFL draft is below average.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

give up a third round pick for a one year deal--I don't get it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

So Sanders is an one year rental, correct? If he did not work out, the Pat lost this year's third pick and 2 millions(?). If he works out and wants a bigger pay day after the season and the Pats cannot come to term with him, he'll be gone as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

They will probably extend him at some point.  I don't see Bill using a 3rd to just rent out a WR for a year.  See how he picks up the system, how he meshes with Brady, etc.  A little bit of risk, but a lot of upside.  I would guess they extend him for 3 more years at some point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I would think there was some dialogue between BB and Sanders agent about an extension IF they make the move.... just to guage what Sanders would want if he signed a long tern deal.    IMO  But I could be completely wrong. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

It also probably means that the Pats personnel people don't think there's a third round rated WR as good as Emmanuel.

Da'Rick Rogers is expected to go in the 3rd round, but by the time the Pats are pick there he'll be gone. Plus, I don't think BB likes the guy's track record. 

He's Dez Bryant 2.0, too many red flags, but too much talent not to look at. 

I know a lot of teams act scared of troubled guys but I dont see this kid making it to the 3rd. No way. I saw him first hand. He is probably the most pro ready in terms of physical built and being able to swat away a DB that tries to press him. He has huge hands and catch radius. He is def. gone by 2nd round, if not late 1st.  After Marshall went in the 4th a while back, not too many teams are gonna let this guy go.  I wish he would last that long, but I highly doubt it. The better bet would be a guy like Keenan Allen being available after a 4.72 40 or hoping J.Hunter falls into the 2nd, but  to be honest, if we arent talking about T.Austin, Hopkins or Rogers, I think Sanders will be just as good and minus the learning curve...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

I would think there was some dialogue between BB and Sanders agent about an extension IF they make the move.... just to guage what Sanders would want if he signed a long tern deal.    IMO  But I could be completely wrong. 

My thinking as well, getzo.  People act like everything is set in stone because of a tender offer.  Relax, people.  I'm pretty confident that BB knows what he's doing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to Getzo's comment:

My thinking as well, getzo.  People act like everything is set in stone because of a tender offer.  Relax, people.  I'm pretty confident that BB knows what he's doing.

Your post with mine actually sums it up.... again in our opinions.  But I'm on board for this move.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I wonder if the one year part is to force Pitt to match. Its a win if you hurt your competitor.  Well unless its the Jests cause they hurt themselves.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Amendola. Show Brady2Amendola's posts

Wooo Hoo!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I am nobody's draft expert but if Sanders does end up in a Pats uniform I honestly do not believe BB will draft a wideout in either Rds 1 or 2.  And, yes, I do know that predicting  what BB will or will not do is an exercise similar to picking the numbers in Powerball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

He will also make another 3rd down target and with all the guys we have here already he could flourish. I found a good article from last year citing how A.Brown was the best 3rd down guy there but the trickle effect of his injury effected all of them. Coming here he wont have that problem.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/11/steelers-third-down-offense-misses-antonio-brown/

With him not being the focal point, he caught nearly 70% of his 3rd down targets and we know Big Ben is no Brady either.

He will also make another 3rd down target and with all the guys we have here already he could flourish. I found a good article from last year citing how A.Brown was the best 3rd down guy but the trickle effect of his injury effected all of them. Coming here he wont have that problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGLehRBPKic

Just watch his college highlights and compare him to the players this year except, give him 3 years experience.

He is also a smart player. I recall him faking an injury last year when Ben was woozy so he wouldnt have to miss a snap.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

They will probably extend him at some point.  I don't see Bill using a 3rd to just rent out a WR for a year.  See how he picks up the system, how he meshes with Brady, etc.  A little bit of risk, but a lot of upside.  I would guess they extend him for 3 more years at some point.

I agree.  I'm sure the contract that was offered, even though it's only one year, is the Best case scenario for squeezing out the Steelers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

What kind of convesration or understanding did the Pats had with Talib's agent prior to his 4 months' rental for those of you so in the know of how the Pats do things?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I am nobody's draft expert but if Sanders does end up in a Pats uniform I honestly do not believe BB will draft a wideout in either Rds 1 or 2.  And, yes, I do know that predicting  what BB will or will not do is an exercise similar to picking the numbers in Powerball.

I agree and I'm a little dissapointed, not in Sanders, I just was a little excited at the possibility of TB getting a superstar WR in the first RD. 

BUT I do fell like the Pats really solidified all their needs.  (assuming adrian can cover TEs and Danny and Sanders can grasp our offense. 

I would like to see a DT, DE, LB, CB in that order as priorities in the draft.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

What kind of convesration or understanding did the Pats had with Talib's agent prior to his 4 months' rental for those of you so in the know of how the Pats do things?

They gave up a 4th and got back a 7th which is like a 5th round pick value so it wasn't that big of a loss if he walked.  In this case they are giving up a 3rd meaning it is more likely they plan to sign him to an extension just like they did Wes when we acquired him.  The Talib and Sanders situations are not comparable.  You really are a miserable whiner who contributes nothing of substance to this forum.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

You really are a miserable whiner who contributes nothing of substance to this forum.

Yes I do not submit unquestioning rosy scenarios and wishfull thinking, in contrast to the kool aid drinkers and pretended know it all  here who think the Pats front office and coaching staff can do no wrong until they complain and moan in January.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to apdynasty23's comment:

I originally wanted them to trade next year's 3rd for Larry Fitz and this year's second for Megatron but it didn't quite work out. Oh well. Belichick is just a terrible GM but we have to live with it. He's almost out of here anyway!

lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Yes I do not submit unqyestioning rosy scenarios, in contrast to the kool aid drinkers and pretended know it all  here who think the Pats front office and coaching staff can do no wrong until they complain and moan in January.

No.  You are worse.  You complain about everything and provide no substance to your arguments.  Literally every move the FO makes is stupid.  It is a wonder we win any games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I don't profess to really 'know' how the Pats do things but aren't the Talib and Sanders situations just a bit different?  Pats have been known to make trades similar to the Talib deal in the past.  If the player works out they make an effort to re-sign him.  On the other hand, I can't recall BB ever tendering another team's RFA before.  

Regardless a lot of what is posted in this forum is speculation either positive or negative.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

This is good news. The pats 3rd this year, like every year, is very late, essentially a 4th. Sanders is proven in the nfl, and with all the receiving targets we have, he fits nicely. Sanders for a late third in comparison to who we could get in the draft this year with a late third is a no brainier. Essentially, bb added a quality, proven nfl wideout with a late third giving himself max flexibility in rounds 1-2 to make moves and focus on defense...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In his career he has caught 94 pasess for 1,290 yards and 5 touchdowns, he has also been unable to stay on the field due to injuries.

Hmmmm....if it's is only for 1 season, and he walks, I'm a doubting Thomas on this one.

I'm getting a bit concerned that at some point the bench, and our salary cap, are going to take a hit by the draft picks that won't be there from the many 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th round picks we have traded away for.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I'm getting a bit concerned that a some point the bench and our salary cap are going to take a hit by the draft picks that won't be there from the many 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th round picks we have traded away for.

Considering over the past 5 years we've probably had more draft picks than most teams in the NFL I think one season of below average picks is not going to kill us.