E. Sanders signed to offer sheet

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: E. Sanders signed to offer sheet

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Steelers Fans are blogging the terms are 1 year at 1.9 Mil and the Steelers will likely match.

Basically the Steelers have to decide if they want to further F up their cap more and potentially lose Sanders next year for nothing or take NE's 3rd round pick this year.

I hear ya but aren't we running the same risk?

Not really. They could already have it agreed upon that sanders will signa an extension in the middle of the year. Really, BB only offering one year sounds stupid on the surface but in actuality Its a stroke of genius.

I believe that this would be a serious violation of the rules and if proven could cost the Patriots big time.

Good luck trying to prove it though...Cool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I believe that this would be a serious violation of the rules and if proven could cost the Patriots big time.

This happens all the time and is impossible to prove.  If you don't think teams at least float out possible contract parameters in general terms to get a feel for what they have to do to get a deal done on something like this I have a bridge to sell you :)

I do understand that but the Pats would need to be clean on this and leave no fingerprints. I do believe it's is only a one year thing and let's how he works out. The deal is only for ~500K more that the offer sheet so it's not an insurmountable number for the Steelers to match. They are hurting at that position and the loss of Sanders would be very painful.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Well if they cant prove tampering when Hanesworth signed with the Redskins at 12:01 once upon a time ago, then they would never be able to prove this one.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to nomadfan's comment:

So we have another third string wide receiver to line up with Doanld Jones and Jenkins, and give up the third round pick this year. What an awesone offensive machine will the Pats front in their wide outs. Let's not forget to waste one more high draft pick with another Chad Jackson in the first or second round.

You clearly aren't very intelligent.

And you are a regular Einstein, although it is very difficult to tell from any of your posts.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

With 4.4 speed this kid can stretch the field and take some DB's with him.  They have to cover him.

This helps everyone on the O. 

Doesn't this mean the Pats trade the 29th for 2 picks and lose one to Pitt?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

He wants to lose another SB or title game in the postseason for him to maybe start to come around that the Moss/Welker or TEs/Welker offense wasn't quite enough.

It is not all the fault of Brady? We are all so surprised by your change of assessment.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

No one is perfect, but if you're just dancing around these threads like the other miserable 12 year old girls in here, then you're really not contributing anything.  Would it kill you to learn something?

Are you an expert on 12 years old girls?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

A durable #2 WR, a much needed pick up if Pit doesn't match. Now if they can add one more durable WR in the draft and bump Jones to the #4 WR then I'll be happy about this WR core

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

The offer (2.5?)seems pretty easy to match....just how bad is Pitt's cap situation? I love the signing if it happens, but seems kind of like a long shot at that number if it's correct.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to tanbass's comment:

The offer (2.5?)seems pretty easy to match....just how bad is Pitt's cap situation? I love the signing if it happens, but seems kind of like a long shot at that number if it's correct.

They have 1.9mil in cap space.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Someone can always restructure.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

That means they are one cut away from being able to sign him. Not hard IF they want to do it, but it doesnt sound like a glowing endorsement from BB, rather him trying to land a guy cheap but not willing to commit real money. They got D.Jones for 3m/yr and I believe Sanders is a better player.

This is just something they are tyring to pull off, IMO and once Pitt matches(if they do) He will be very content with just having Edleman back and may change his draft strategy to adjust. I think the LOW # is a indicator of how much they feel they will pay for a rookie WR and never planned on going over that number and if matched, they just draft Best available WR in rd 3. Even if Sanders stays in Pitt, I cant see Pats using a 1st on WR. Just think about our depth now compared to last year. If we didnt make another move, our depth is still better if Edleman stays healthy so I dont see why folks think BB is still looking to add 2 more WRs let alone a 1st rd pick. Money is in the tight ends. Gronk is your # 1 WR, sorry to dissapoint draftniks with hopes of Hopkins in Foxboro.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

So we have another third string wide receiver to line up with Doanld Jones and Jenkins, and give up the third round pick this year. What an awesone offensive machine will the Pats front in their wide outs. Let's not forget to waste one more high draft pick with another Chad Jackson in the first or second round.

Not having a good day, are you?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Someone can always restructure.

Don't forget they need $4-5mil just for rook signings so they need to restructure/cut to that amount first then cut enough to get Sanders under too. I have a feeling the number in the offer was made specifically so they had to cut important pieces inorder to get the rooks and Sanders under the cap or to the point where restructures would be difficult for them

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Ed Bouchette 15 minutes ago

At $2.5M for Sanders, #Patriots did the #Steelers a favor, but not in the way you might think. What they should do:

The Steelers have the cap room room to pay that salary but why would they want to? Instead, they get more cap relief plus the 91st pick in the draft. Do you know what they could do with that pick? They could draft both a wide receiver and a running back. Or they could deal it to a team for a young outside linebacker who might be stuck behind someone else. They could package it with a lower pick and get a second-round draft choice in return.
    This is a draft that supposedly is not good at the top but deep, which means those third-round picks are more valuable this year than they were last year.
    Not only that, but that third-round pick will average under $700,000 a year for four years, all in the Steelers’ control with no RFA after three as was Sanders. How’s that for more cap relief?

Read more at PG+ from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette ›