E. Sanders signed to offer sheet

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

E. Sanders signed to offer sheet

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/10/patriots-sign-emmanuel-sanders-to-offer-sheet/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Re: E. Sanders signed to offer sheet

So we have another third string wide receiver to line up with Doanld Jones and Jenkins, and give up the third round pick this year. What an awesone offensive machine will the Pats front in their wide outs. Let's not forget to waste one more high draft pick with another Chad Jackson in the first or second round.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Great, I just posted earlier that I still believed he was an option. Just probably wanted to wait till closer to draft time. I dont supposed the steelers will match if its a multi year deal. This is great because now there isnt pressure for a rookie to come in and perform right away. Sure there are intriging prospects but none that will come in and be more experienced than Sanders so we have advantage of shorter learning curve and can now adress other needs and maybe take a sleeper/project WR in the 7th

Good News!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

how long does Pitt have to match the offer?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

how long does Pitt have to match the offer?

5 days.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

So we have another third string wide receiver to line up with Doanld Jones and Jenkins. What an awesone offensive machine will the Pats front in their wide outs. Let's not forget to waste anothe draft pick with another Chad Jackson in the first or second round.

I originally wanted them to trade next year's 3rd for Larry Fitz and this year's second for Megatron but it didn't quite work out. Oh well. Belichick is just a terrible GM but we have to live with it. He's almost out of here anyway!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Yessir!!!!  I stil had a great feeling that this was going to get done.  Steelers won't be able to match.  Nice.  

Two nice additions in Sanders and Amendola but I still think we need to target a top WR in the draft.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to apdynasty23's comment:

So we have another third string wide receiver to line up with Doanld Jones and Jenkins. What an awesone offensive machine will the Pats front in their wide outs. Let's not forget to waste anothe draft pick with another Chad Jackson in the first or second round.

I originally wanted them to trade next year's 3rd for Larry Fitz and this year's second for Megatron but it didn't quite work out. Oh well. Belichick is just a terrible GM but we have to live with it. He's almost out of here anyway!

Review the draft history of wide receivers by BB since the pick of Deion Branch in 2002 while you drink up your kool aid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to apdynasty23's comment:

I originally wanted them to trade nextyear's 3rd for Larry Fitz and this year's second for Megatron but it didn't quite work out. Oh well. Belichick is just a terrible GM but we have to live with it. He's almost out of here anyway!

LOL!!

Don't worry about the little vagrant.  He's been pretty miserable all offseason.  Hopefully he gets so fed up with our terrible acquisitions that he 'wanders' to a new team.  That would be great.  

Glad to see you back, ap.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

http://nesn.com/2013/04/report-patriots-submit-offer-sheet-to-steelers-wide-receiver-emmanuel-sanders/

One more source.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Good pick up, he's a younger, faster, tougher version of Lloyd. He may not be Randy Moss, but he can stretch the field with the best of them. 

I'm assuming McDaniels wanted him when he got his gig as a HC in Denver, but I'm glad he's on the team. He's a good player, good route runner, good speed, good hands, will fit in well with Brady if he puts the work in.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Great news.  Hopefully the Steelers don't / can't match it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Great, I just posted earlier that I still believed he was an option. Just probably wanted to wait till closer to draft time. I dont supposed the steelers will match if its a multi year deal. This is great because now there isnt pressure for a rookie to come in and perform right away. Sure there are intriging prospects but none that will come in and be more experienced than Sanders so we have advantage of shorter learning curve and can now adress other needs and maybe take a sleeper/project WR in the 7th

Good News!

Agreed, but I still think we target a receiver in either the 1st or 2nd.  I know it's not Bill's MO to go high on a receiver in the draft, but you never know with BB.  He also never used to trade up, and look what happened last year.  

Would love to see us scoop up Hopkins or Hunter in the first round.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

So we have another third string wide receiver to line up with Doanld Jones and Jenkins. What an awesone offensive machine will the Pats front in their wide outs. Let's not forget to draft another Chad Jackson in the first or second round.

With all due respect, Sanders is closer to 2nd string than 3rd Wink

Like I said, nothing to throw a party about, but when you consider the Pats history of drafting WR's and Bradys history of developing those guys, I will take a proven vet, no problem over a guy who never played in the NFL with potential and high ceiling. When we won SBs , we had a plethora of capable # 2 type WRs and no Stars at the position. Brown, Patten, Givens, Branch could be similar with Amendola, Jones, Sanders, (Draft pick) or LLoyd. I think thats very formidable as long as our TEs our healthy. We cant afford much else with all the money locked into them. Now we go defense in the draft.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Other then maybe a kicker in the 7th I hope the Pats draft all D players. Go with the UDFA for a WR.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

So we have another third string wide receiver to line up with Doanld Jones and Jenkins, and give up the third round pick this year. What an awesone offensive machine will the Pats front in their wide outs. Let's not forget to waste one more high draft pick with another Chad Jackson in the first or second round.

You mad about this?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Good pick up, he's a younger, faster, tougher version of Lloyd. He may not be Randy Moss, but he can stretch the field with the best of them. 

I'm assuming McDaniels wanted him when he got his gig as a HC in Denver, but I'm glad he's on the team. He's a good player, good route runner, good speed, good hands, will fit in well with Brady if he puts the work in.  

Yup.  I have a buddy that is a diehard Steelers fan and he liked Sanders MUCH more than he liked Wallace.  Great teammate, good route runner, good speed, etc.  I just shot him a text and he said he's more upset that they can't match NE's offer for Sanders than he was to see the overrated Wallace leave. haha

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

You mad about this?

No, just not as impressed as many here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

It's a shrewd move by the Pats.  According to Schefter, Sanders will be an unrestricted FA after this deal. 

That puts Pit. in a tough spot.  Let him go and take the Pats' 3rd rounder or match the deal and risk losing him next year for nothing.  I think he'll be in NE. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Good News!

Agreed, but I still think we target a receiver in either the 1st or 2nd.  I know it's not Bill's MO to go high on a receiver in the draft, but you never know with BB.  He also never used to trade up, and look what happened last year.  

This is very true. I will never say never its just that if they were to do that, they would have to be REALLY confortable with him and do a lot of homework. They got bruned bad by C.Jackson and he was a 2nd who supposedly had a good interview so I just dont see it because they have been good at it, but I will say if a top guy that was slated to go between 11-20 falls to us and its a no brainer, I could see it but thats it

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

It also probably means that the Pats personnel people don't think there's a third round rated WR as good as Emmanuel.

Da'Rick Rogers is expected to go in the 3rd round, but by the time the Pats are pick there he'll be gone. Plus, I don't think BB likes the guy's track record. 

He's Dez Bryant 2.0, too many red flags, but too much talent not to look at. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Good News!

This is very true. I will never say never its just that if they were to do that, they would have to be REALLY confortable with him and do a lot of homework. They got bruned bad by C.Jackson and he was a 2nd who supposedly had a good interview so I just dont see it because they have been good at it, but I will say if a top guy that was slated to go between 11-20 falls to us and its a no brainer, I could see it but thats it

Agreed.  The horrible memories of Chad Jackson will always haunt us fans when considering taking a top WR in the draft.  But I don't think people were as high on Jackson as they are now with Hopkins, Hunter, Patterson, etc.  I would LOVE to see what Brady could do with a kid like one of these three.  We will see what happens.  The draft is one of the most exciting times of the year for football fans and I cannot freaking wait.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

It also probably means that the Pats personnel people don't think there's a third round rated WR as good as Emmanuel.

Not to mention he was playing better every year and is now a proven NFL vet who is only 26... I think you pull the trigger for a late third round pick IF you feel and can help. 

Sections
Shortcuts