Eagles again willing to take offers on Asante... Please show respect!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Eagles again willing to take offers on Asante... Please show respect!

I'm getting ready to take my lunch hour to eat my lunch and if I get on here afterwards and read that there are Pats fans wanting Asante back then I'm going to get sick all over the place.  So please, in respect to me... and my work place NO "we want Asante" threads  That is all!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Eagles again willing to take offers on Asante... Please show respect!

not much time to get something done....isnt the deadline today at 4

Any way , that still gives us 15 minutes to call Andy and ask what he wants, and you know McCourty has not looked good this year...lol,  j/k

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

not possible. il take Brian Dawkins

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrew1218. Show andrew1218's posts

I'd take Asante back in a heartbeat. Yes - he doesnt like to tackle in the trun game for Philly but he made some hard hits in NE. Whats with Bodden - was Arrington playing ahead of him in Dallas? Good corners are tough to fuind in the NFL - I'd give up a 4th for Asante for the remainder of the year and if I could restructure for next year - I'd give up a 3rd as well. Who else are you going to get that can step in and makes plays like Asante?

Ras Dowling has potential but he cant satay healthy so far and thats been his history.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

Somehow I don't see the team that just spent the past few years getting way younger on defense trading draft picks for a high priced 30 year old...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrew1218. Show andrew1218's posts

In Response to Re: Eagles again willing to take offers on Asante... Please show respect!:
    Somehow I don't see the team that just spent the past few years getting way younger on defense trading draft picks for a high priced 30 year old...
    Posted by 423206852231dc13f5b2e36577a3bcfa

I agree but  - 2 things BB cant seem to draft - good corners and good outside line backers. Asante know this  defense - if he was avialble for a 4th are you saying you would not do it??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Wasn't Asante also available in August?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Eagles again willing to take offers on Asante... Please show respect!:
    not possible. il take Brian Dawkins
    Posted by btownteamsrking

Is he still in Denver?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

LOL..I guess they had no takers...trade deadline has passed....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Don't want a guy back that lost us the Super Bowl when he had an INT in his hands

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

Don't want a guy back that lost us the Super Bowl when he had an INT in his hands
    Posted by kansaspatriot

The Patriots fan in me will never forgive Asante for not making that play.  The football fan in me realizes it wasn't as easy of a play as we all make it out to be and that the game should have never come to that point.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

In Response to Re: Eagles again willing to take offers on Asante... Please show respect! : I agree but  - 2 things BB cant seem to draft - good corners and good outside line backers. Asante know this  defense - if he was avialble for a 4th are you saying you would not do it??
    Posted by andrew1218

I think he's too expensive so the draft pick compensation is sort of a moot point.  Given that he left NE specifically so he could get paid and made it real clear he wanted to get paid before he left I don't see him restructuring his contract.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Posted by kansaspatriot

Yeah it was definitely his fault and not the offense scoring over 20 under their average.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Eagles again willing to take offers on Asante... Please show respect! : Yeah it was definitely his fault and not the offense scoring over 20 under their average.
    Posted by tompenny

Actually our defense did cost us the game in the end. They couldn't hold the lead after TB lead a game winning drive.

Did you watch that game?????? Didn't you see the jints bring almost every down? Can youscore 30+ points when they were put all the pressure they could on the offense?????

Asante should have caught that ball. Nuff said.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In Response to Re: Eagles again willing to take offers on Asante... Please show respect! : Actually our defense did cost us the game in the end. They couldn't hold the lead after TB lead a game winning drive. Did you watch that game?????? Didn't you see the jints bring almost every down? Can youscore 30+ points when they were put all the pressure they could on the offense????? Asante should have caught that ball. Nuff said.
    Posted by kansaspatriot

The highest scoring team in NFL history got held to 14. They are more to blame then the defense was. Period. It's not even debatable. If you asked people who would win the SB if the Giants got held to 17. 99 out of 100 would have said the Pats without question. I'm not sure if you aware that an offensive line is part of the offense...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanWilmingtonDE. Show PatsFanWilmingtonDE's posts

Asante's ball-hawking skills were nice at times. But they also masked the fact that he was a pedestrian cover guy. Living near Philly, the complaints I hear from Eagles fan are the exact same things I used to say about Asante circa 2006. I wish him the best of luck, but I don't want to see him playing in Foxboro in a blue jersey and silver helmet ever again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

My lasting memory is Asante letting the Superbowl slip through his fingers.  If he really was all that and a bag of chips he'd have held on to that pick and we beat the Giants for a perfect season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Posted by kansaspatriot

ouch...very true though

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Eagles again willing to take offers on Asante... Please show respect! : The highest scoring team in NFL history got held to 14. They are more to blame then the defense was. Period. It's not even debatable. If you asked people who would win the SB if the Giants got held to 17. 99 out of 100 would have said the Pats without question. I'm not sure if you aware that an offensive line is part of the offense...
    Posted by tompenny

sorry...i don't buy this. i believe crucial moments in a game. that moment was it for that game. it was for him to finish and he did not

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Last 4 Seasons of TTs (yes, a TT includes solo tackles and assists)-
    ~2007:  44TTs
    ~2008:  35TTs
    ~2009:  40TTs
    ~2010:  26TTs (11 games)

Err, not very ahh- good, for a 16 game starting cornerback (year in and year out).  Buuuut, I'd give up a late 4th Rounder for an excellent nickel cornerback, who would sign a 3 year deal with zero up front money...  I just wish could figure out a position where a guy can be put into some framework where he can go purely for interceptions, and simply not be asked to make any tackles whatsoever.      

Sections
Shortcuts