Eagles Brandon Boykin says Pats are bullies

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Eagles Brandon Boykin says Pats are bullies

The Philadelphia Eagles and New England Patriots have staged joint practices all week in preparation for their preseason opener Friday night at Lincoln Financial Field.

Eagles cornerback Brandon Boykin told reporters Wednesday that Bill Belichick's boys tried to set the tone early.

"I can speak for the whole team. I felt like (Tuesday), honestly they came out with this attitude to try to bully us," Boykin said, per Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia. "And even though it's practice, it's always still a game tempo. I think as a team -- and obviously I can speak for myself -- I wanted to try to set the tone on myself as an aggressive person (Wednesday) and just make plays."

Instead of heroics from Boykin, it was Tom Brady making plays Wednesday. The Patriots quarterback and his collection of young receivers put on a clinic, according to observers:

Albert Breer         @AlbertBreer

Brady ripping the Eagles defense apart again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Eagles Brandon Boykin says Pats are bullies

I didn't see any of the practices so I don't know about any scraps happening! I don't think were trying bully anyone,but they were probably trying to see how the new toys would work. If you were a young DB trying to get work in on your techniques,you probably worked harder than you expected. In any case nice to see that Old man TB impressed everyone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Maybe Boykin can go have a beer with Wes Welker and they can whine together! I am glad to hear the Pats came out determined to set the tone and I hope they continue to do it!

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Love the intensity.  Can't wait to see these young receivers Friday.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Maybe Boykin can go have a beer with Wes Welker and they can whine together! I am glad to hear the Pats came out determined to set the tone and I hope they continue to do it!

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

Doesn't sound like whining to me. Sounds like a candid evaluation... the Patriots have an attitude this season, and they're taking it to the Eagles. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

[QUOTE]

Uh oh, rusty is going to be peeved when reading that Brady is being complimented (especially nationally), according to him everyone around the country realizes Brady is the reason we haven't won a Super Bowl in ten years. The warnings were out people!

Christ he must hate Talib now too, yesterday Talib was praising Brady, saying it was such an honor to be on the same team as him watching what he does.

I seriously don't think I've heard of a dumber fan than rusty.

Brady is a nice guy. The media loves him.  I am sure he looks great in easy drills.  We will see how he looks in january and if these same writers are honest then, or i f they scurry away.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah Brady is a nice guy who looks good in drills...in the snow...rain...injured...throwing to Reche Caldwell...breaking records...winning Super Bowls...heading to the hall of fame.

And you're a moron.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

I think this team will be similar to the 2007 team, no in terms of talent on the team or record...more like this year they have a chip on their shoulders..it has something to do with the Hernandez fallout and the re-do at the WR position which has vigorated Brady..he's more focused, more patient with the rooks..and don't forget about the D, they're out to prove something too..this has the making of a special season...can't wait for it to start...!!!

" Don't Judge Me Untill You've Become Perfect "

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Good, we need to be tougher, meaner, more physical.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Exactly. I want them to be bullies, now I'm not saying I want a bunch of thugs on the team, but I want guys who will punch the other guys in the mouth. That's playoff defense...it's physical, you get to the quarterback and make him actually think about how long he can hang onto that ball...something we haven't had in 6 years. I swear before they went out and got Talib a blind quarterback with no arms, facing the wrong way, could of completed third down passes against this defense. Once Dennard and Talib were out on that field (and our draft busts weren't), we were a different team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Agreed!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

This is the first season in about 7 years when the Pats are being dismissed by the sports media, are underdogs, and are playing with a chip on their shoulders.  This is the intensity difference maker the Ravens had last year.  Watch out.  I think this Patriots team will be just fine at WR with a greatly improved defense. Better team with more intensity than last year = Superbowl. 

and Boykins complaint about the Pats being "bullies".  I think he means that the Pats are playing harder.  Its not like the Eagles are high schoolers in a different league with some wieght and height disadvantage... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

They're not bullies, they're a finesse team.  But that was then, this is now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

only matters when the REAL season starts.........can they transition this swagger over to the 16 game regular season.....we shall see.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]

Uh oh, rusty is going to be peeved when reading that Brady is being complimented (especially nationally), according to him everyone around the country realizes Brady is the reason we haven't won a Super Bowl in ten years. The warnings were out people!

Christ he must hate Talib now too, yesterday Talib was praising Brady, saying it was such an honor to be on the same team as him watching what he does.

Brady is a nice guy. The media loves him.  I am sure he looks great in easy drills.  We will see how he looks in january and if these same writers are honest then, or i f they scurry away.

[/QUOTE]

If you claim to be a Patriots fan, shouldn't you not root against the most important member of the team? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to newenglanderinexile's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you claim to be a Patriots fan, shouldn't you not root against the most important member of the team? 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Best news I've heard all year!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

This is the first season in about 7 years when the Pats are being dismissed by the sports media, are underdogs, and are playing with a chip on their shoulders. 

I disagree.  No, they may not be the favorite to win it all this year but they sure aren't being counted out.  Last I checked they are top 4 teams to win it all.  Everything I read and hear is they may have lost some key players but there is some good potential and as long as Tom F'ing Brady is there they will be in the mix to win it all.  So I totally disagree with you about them being dismissed, underdogs and chip on their shoulder.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to newenglanderinexile's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Dude's a troll who would rather see us lose so he can continue his everything is Brady fault whine.  A freakin carpet stain.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

or i f they scurry away.

You mean like you do daily when I hand you your dum bass?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The whole point of football is to be a bully.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Dumb? You forgot to add he's a born liar and a mental case as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

The Philadelphia Eagles and New England Patriots have staged joint practices all week in preparation for their preseason opener Friday night at Lincoln Financial Field.

Eagles cornerback Brandon Boykin told reporters Wednesday that Bill Belichick's boys tried to set the tone early.

"I can speak for the whole team. I felt like (Tuesday), honestly they came out with this attitude to try to bully us," Boykin said, per Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia. 

RESPONSE: I hope Boykin is right about the Pats being bullies...and that the Patriots continue to bully their opponents all season long. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

would rather see some defensive "bullies" on the field during real games.

The Patriots need to shed their current image of finesse and soft

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

If executing flawlessly on O by ripping the top off the opposing D with long TD bombs and precision strikes over the middle and punishing the opponents skill players with hard hitting is bullying then I hope that the Patriots are the biggest bullies in the league this year.  

It is good to hear that TFB has the weapons to open up this offense and punish Ds with big plays again.  And with the continuing development of the running game I expect to see great things as defenses will have to play every part of the field again.  

And for those who think that Brady can't throw the long ball very well (and he hasn't the past few years) it may have been because he didnt have the personel to do it outside of Gronk or Welker on occasion.  I remember TFB being one of the best play action QBs I've ever seen, very much like his idol Montana, where you give him a little more time/protection and he can launch it with the best of them.  

And this is happening without the most dominant TE in the game, a huge match-up advantage for NE every week.  Watch out if Gronk comes back healthy and they go back to the Charlie Weiss style O where no one really knew how to defend the Pats from week to week.  This should be fun.