Early Look at Ravens

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Early Look at Ravens

Suggs played well against DEN. Kruger has played well all season, this will be a dangerous pass rush combo.

Ngata has not been as dominant this season. Pats had success running the ball whenever Bal took him out to rest last postseason.

Coverage is not strong up the middle. Gronk loss is huge in that regard...Hernandez will need to pick up the slack and Welker can't afford to drop too many passes.

Reed is still good, but he's not great anymore. I don't think Champ Bailey expected the Ravens to attack him. Brady never attacks Reed, I think he can next week.

Flacco is usually good for at least 5 deep ones to Smith. You cannot single cover Torrey. Roll McCourty over his side. 

I also think it's more important to keep Talib on Boldin. Boldin is Flacco's go to guy, he only goes to Torrey when he closes his eyes and chucks it.

They need to do a better job covering Ray Rice than they did Foster.

It's going to be a close game, it always is.

Baltimore will be coming out either inspired or emotionally and physically drained

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Early Look at Ravens

Finally Vereen breaks out. The Raven's lb's will have no chance guarding him. mcd will exploit this big time. 

Also, this pats d is playing light years ahead of where we were first time we faced the Raven's this season. I think it will be a tough, physical game, but the up temp pats offense with a heavy dose of Vereen plus our improved d will be enough in this one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I agree with Talib on Boldin. Talib is bigger and a bit more physical than Dennard, which makes him the better matchup on Boldin. Put Talib on Boldin and Dennard on Smith (with some help from McCourty over the top in case of the deep ball).

Then again, I'm not a coach.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Terrific insights. I like the idea of putting Talib on Bolden. That's a physical corner on a physical receiver. I know Andre Johnson caught a lot of passes tonight against Talib, but I think Talib was competitive enough to allow Patriots to focus on other guys.

The Ravens D isn't what it was this time last year. The Ravens offense, I think, have improved from this time last year. Flacco has matured a bit, and so has Torrey Smith. However, our defense just played pretty well against Houston, whose offense I think is at about the same level as that of the Ravens.

It'll be up to the Patriots to score points on them, and we proved we could in the first matchup. The defense will just need to limit the deep ball, as Denver did not. I just don't see Flacco being able to put up a ton of points through sustained drives when you take away the big play.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

I think the biggest key to the game will be the hurry up offense. That defense is old and gets tired fast. As soon as the Broncos got a few first downs they all had their hands on their hips. I think your going to see Talib on;y play the right side of the field because it seems to me thats the side Flacco likes to throw the deep ball. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Special teams will be a big factor. We have to play the ball keep them from busting any returns like we did today. Play hurry up and dont let flacko get comfortable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Hurry up ofense against an old defense

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to maine12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the biggest key to the game will be the hurry up offense. That defense is old and gets tired fast. As soon as the Broncos got a few first downs they all had their hands on their hips. I think your going to see Talib on;y play the right side of the field because it seems to me thats the side Flacco likes to throw the deep ball. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I think we can wear down their defense.  We didn't use Bolden at all this game, but with Woodhead hurt maybe he is a factor.  Vereen is a very good receiver as he showed today.  With Gronk out, I am sure there will be some new wrinkles on offense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Baltimore has the tools to beat the Pats. Eli Manning-esque QB in Flacco and if Suggs remains healthy, Suggs/Ngata/Kruger can make for a brutal 3 man rush.

Agree with the hurry up. Ravens defense has played a lot of snaps the last two weeks.

Pats will also need a new wrinkle. I think HOU was definitely caught offguard with Vereen out wide and even Gronk lining out wide. Ravens have played the Pats a lot the last couple of seasons...there's too much of a familiarity.

I wonder if the Pats would even try lining up with two rbs (Vereen and Ridley) and see if they can pull Ellerbe or Lewis out wide.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Baltimore has the tools to beat the Pats. Eli Manning-esque QB in Flacco and if Suggs remains healthy, Suggs/Ngata/Kruger can make for a brutal 3 man rush.

Agree with the hurry up. Ravens defense has played a lot of snaps the last two weeks.

Pats will also need a new wrinkle. I think HOU was definitely caught offguard with Vereen out wide and even Gronk lining out wide. Ravens have played the Pats a lot the last couple of seasons...there's too much of a familiarity.

I wonder if the Pats would even try lining up with two rbs (Vereen and Ridley) and see if they can pull Ellerbe or Lewis out wide.

[/QUOTE]

Vereen and Ridley a will definitely be key components.  If they line both of them up as you say they will hard to cover.  Also running game will be key, and as well as pushing the pace of the offense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to brazilnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to maine12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I think we can wear down their defense.  We didn't use Bolden at all this game, but with Woodhead hurt maybe he is a factor.  Vereen is a very good receiver as he showed today.  With Gronk out, I am sure there will be some new wrinkles on offense.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, there will be some serious matchup issues for the Ravens in some personel formation..be great to force them to stay on the field.

On the D side. A big factor will be if the Zebras want to put there own impression on the game and call phantom game chaging pass interference calls. Actually liked the way they allowed reasonable contact today vs. the Texans.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yesterdays game had to have a big effect on the Ravens.  That was a long, hard fought game in the freezing cold.  Now travel to New England.  Not great for the older guys!  The Ravens hjave some big, tall physical receivers.  The Patriots back field doesn't match up well in size to them.  Flacco seems to always play the Patriots good.  It's going to be pretty tough game, especially without Gronk.  But the RB combo the Pats have could be a really big key here. 

Sections
Shortcuts