Early Returns = The 2010 Draft Class has All-Time Potential

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Early Returns = The 2010 Draft Class has All-Time Potential

Very true, but I almost have this feeling the 2011 draft could be his '74 Steelers, '75 Cowboys or '86 Niners draft.

That's a scary thought considering the return already on this 2010 draft.

I still say he needs to get high impact Pro Bowl player players in this draft because he doesn't need volume/quatnity anymore, he needs roster changing impact players that will be cornerstones along with the 2010 cornerstones.

Should be interesting.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: Early Returns = This Draft Class has All-Time Potential

"To me this reflects the culmination of multiple factors including:  solid scouting, player evaluation and identifying players that fit your scheme as well as the ability to identify and maximize draft board value and manuever accordingly"

Can't disagree but you left out one of the factors.  This yr was one hell of a strong draft overall.  Most yrs there just isn't as much talent available. 

You also have to give props to a team like Tampa Bay.  I know they played a relatively weak schedule but they drastically rebuilt their team thru this draft.  9-6 with 15 rookies on your squad is quite an accomplishment.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Early Returns = This Draft Class has All-Time Potential

In Response to Re: Early Returns = This Draft Class has All-Time Potential:
    [QUOTE]"To me this reflects the culmination of multiple factors including:  solid scouting, player evaluation and identifying players that fit your scheme as well as the ability to identify and maximize draft board value and manuever accordingly" Can't disagree but you left out one of the factors.  This yr was one hell of a strong draft overall.  Most yrs there just isn't as much talent available.  You also have to give props to a team like Tampa Bay.  I know they played a relatively weak schedule but they drastically rebuilt their team thru this draft.  9-6 with 15 rookies on your squad is quite an accomplishment.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

Fair point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

All the more reason, to TRADE UP in this draft for high end impact, v.s. trading down or out in the 2009 and 2010 drafts.

I would love to see BB keep the picks in Rounds 1, 2 and 3 and use the ones in Round 3 or even the ones in Round 2, to move UP even higher into Round 1.

Unless of course they don't have a desire to grab a particular player so high.
    But, what if they scored a top 10 pick, the Raiders, say at 15, and their own?

That's 3 1st rd picks, for example.    That's ridiculous for a team with this kind of talent and stability.

And we wonder why jealous fans hate this team so much? lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Early Returns = The 2010 Draft Class has All-Time Potential:
    [QUOTE]Very true, but I almost have this feeling the 2011 draft could be his '74 Steelers, '75 Cowboys or '86 Niners draft. That's a scary thought considering the return already on this 2010 draft. I still say he needs to get high impact Pro Bowl player players in this draft because he doesn't need volume/quanity anymore, he needs roster changing impact players that will be cornerstones along with the 2010 cornerstones. Should be interesting.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I think you'll see both, again reflective of said draft maneuvering/identification of value.  They're set up with a top 15 (should yield an impact player) or so pick to go along with seven total picks in the first four rounds. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

It certainly seems this draft class is one of (if not the) best of the BB era. The contribution in year one is amazing, the fact they are 13-2 is mind-boggling. And even though they had an excellent draft, they still set themselves up for 2011. With the extra picks they've aquired it could be another banner year. There were a lot of good players coming out in 2010, hopefully there will be this April, also. I think the big key was there were players available last year who fit the scheme quite nicely. I'm hoping it's the same this time around. They certainly have the ammo to move around to wherever they feel they need to be in this draft. Rebuilding, hell! This team is rebuilt, and 2011 should provide the "detailing" for a shiny new "high-performance" machine for the rest of Brady's career!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]All the more reason, to TRADE UP in this draft for high end impact, v.s. trading down or out in the 2009 and 2010 drafts. I would love to see BB keep the picks in Rounds 1, 2 and 3 and use the ones in Round 3 or even the ones in Round 2, to move UP even higher into Round 1. Unless of course they don't have a desire to grab a particular player so high. But, what if they scored a top 10 pick, the Raiders, say at 15, and their own? That's 3 1st rd picks, for example.    That's ridiculous for a team with this kind of talent and stability. And we wonder why jealous fans hate this team so much? lol
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

While it's out of character, I don't think it's out of question for them to trade up assuming they identify a must have player (rookie salary scale is a big factor of course); I also think you'll see them trade down once or twice to maintain the flexibility in future drafts.  We're lucky fans, I agree, ha.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yup.  Also, I think the weak spots (youthful depth) are pretty clear:

OL, DL, RB, WR, OLB.

They need a high impact OL (Tackle or Guard), DL and OLB, in my opinion.  They could secure all 3 of these in the first two rounds and get that impact.

You have to think trading two 3rds to move up higher into the 2nd rd would be wise.

They could be pretty much done drafting by the second day, so to speak.

Agree on trading down, too.  Use second of the mid rd picks to move up into the 2012 draft, etc. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

It's scary that we're 13-2 while re-building.  If next yr's draft is even remotely close to this yr's, wow.  We could be looking at a juggernaut team for the next several yrs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Yeah but Price is dragging the whole class down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yes, Price is finished.  He also has a terrible back story and comes from a crappy family.

I eagerly await the Tony Mazz, Shalise Manza-Young column that tells us why BB is failing as GM and coach.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

The 1974 Steelers draft yielded 4 future HOFers in wide receiver Lynn Swan in round 1, linebacker Jack Lambert in round 2, wide receiver John Stallworth in round 4 and center Mike Webster in round 5.  The Pats did well, but they likely won't beat that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah but Price is dragging the whole class down.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Naturally.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Imagine combining the Raiders  pick with our pick in the first round along with a player like Butler to get a player like Fairely & that teams 2nd round pick, then turn that 2nd rounder into another first in 2012 draft & still have both our current 2nd round picks, maybe even trading OUR 2nd for an additional 2nd &3rd
    rounder in next years draft as well....
    We'd end up with Fairely, pick #33, both 3rd rounders & a few lower round picks this year & 2-1sts,2-2nds,2-3rds along with our other lower picks next year..
    Oh the posabilities!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Pats have done a great job last two years adding a lot of good bodies; gronk, McCourty, Spikes, Cunningham, Chung, Woodhead etc. Now its time for a 'few good men' with the 15, 32 and 33. I'd like to see Watt or Fairley, Carimi or Constnzo, Hankerson or Jones and some other pieces. This would make a great draft!