Early Rumblings in Carolina

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: Early Rumblings in Carolina

I haven't seen any attribution for the quote.

Was it some dweeb on a fan message board?

Anyway, LK is the real deal.   Whether he's assigned to Gronk or shuts him down is another matter.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

"I fully expect Kuechly to take Gronk away."

LMAO

Kuechly is a nice young LB in this league with star written all over him, but to pretend Kuechly has produced against someone like Gronk and a QB like Brady is a bit ridiculous.

Out of curiosity, I looked up what Brees/Graham did in each contest last year vs Carolina.

In NOs later in the year, Graham caught 9 balls for 115 yards and  TD with Carolina allowing 38 points.

Earlier in Carolina, Saints put up 27 and Graham had 7 catches for 71 yards and a TD.  I fully realize this was last year, but Gronk is also superior to that of Jimmy Graham, mainly because he's a very good in-line blocker as much as the superior target and receiver.

Happy reading/chuckling.

http://boards.panthers.com/threads/794-Black-Out-Week-Panthers-vs-Patriots-pre-game-thread

and Kuechly is a rookie so your findings are meaningless. There are other good tight ends in the league if you need comparison. Just found this article ironically.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/13/luke-kuechly-named-nfc-defensive-player-of-the-week/

They mention his coverage ability and how he shut down Vernon Davis. Be worried, Oh and Greg Olson is pretty good on the other side. He is one of the fastest Tight ends in the league. We will have problems with  him(noticed in another thread you discounted the TEs and Wrs) remember just being big is a problem with our safeties both being under 5'11 and our backers slow as molasses

We will not have trouble with Greg Olsen.  lol

He's a solid TE, but you act like he's a Pro Bowler. He's basically Heath Miller. This will be a Pittsburgh Steelers kind of gameplan.   Keep Cam bottled up, make him not want to throw, get him to quit on his progressions and keep a spy on him for the tackle.  Olsen will get some touches, but it won't be why we might struggle holding them down from scoring.

Contain/take out the run

Bottle up Newton on all pass rushing

Mix man and zone to keep Newton guessing

The fact we can play man so effectively, assuming Talib is ready to go after a month off, allows the effective man and zone switches which will confuse Newton.   BB is very good with these gameplans and the team is very good following them.

See games against Ben, VIck, even vs SF last year after we got done coughing the ball up 4 times in a row in our zone. Kaeperenick could not run his Read Option. Tebow is another one BB stoned cold.

Steve Smith is old and it might make sense to put Dennard on him with the heights being similar, and just have Talib completely wipe out LaFell, the latter an average WR and a bust.

He's in his 4th season and Kenbrell Thompkins has better numbers as a rookie than LaFell.

If you take a look at the defenses Carolina played well against, they kinda stink.

Listen I wont be the drunk one on the game thread yelling and screaming like a maniac because I underated an opponent,. You can think what you want. I have confidence that we can every game but like the pats, I respect all opponents and point out how they can beat us. As usual you have your chest puffed out after a nice win vs the Steelers.

Heath Miller!?!?  LMAO, its bad enough that THIS guy kills us every time we play. He was probably the slowest TE coming out the draft and a run blocker with good hands. Greg Olsen is a Pass catching Tight end that was the fastest coming out. You couldnt be more wrong with that comparison so go ahead and get drunk and make a fool of yourself on the game thread while you are outta town in tampa!  LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I love LK as a LB. But I hope he does follow Gronk all day, open up some running lanes for the Pats RB's..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Wager for what? I never gave a prediction. I said I always believe the pats will win but I also respect every opponent because its the NFL. This aint about me wanting to bet against the team I root for. Thats silly. Its about YOU not knowing football and personell. Why are you bringing up what Lafell did as a rookie? Since Vareen didnt play as a rookie does it mean he is inferior to all the backs he is compared too?

Lafell is not a BUST. He wasnt a 1st round pic and is a starter, so how is he a bust? He is playing on a team that has paid 2 , not 1 but 2 running backs to huge deals that BB wouldnt give to ONE guy so yea I would think the Wideouts numbers would be low when you have 2 dynamic backs and a running QB behind center. Context rusty! If Lafell is a bust than what is Tavon Wilson???  lol

Just get drunk and enjoy the game. You arent exactly the one to be offering bets seeing as you never follow through cuz you are a coward, slimeball scum who has no leg to stand on. Do I want to bet??!!! LMAO!  You still havent left the board after Rkarp buried you

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

joepat... got to love reality..  Pats win 55 - 10...   LOL    (-;

PS - I've got a bridge to sell you!

LOL i wish! i honestly see a close one though.. 23-20 or 20-17 type game

and what bridge...?

It was moved from London the Vegas.  Remember the oft said joke:  "I've got a bridge to sell you, the London Bridge.  But, it was sold to Vegas.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

They mention his coverage ability and how he shut down Vernon Davis. Be worried,

Vernon Davis is Kuechly's size.  Good matchup for Kuechly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

They mention his coverage ability and how he shut down Vernon Davis. Be worried,

Vernon Davis is Kuechly's size.  Good matchup for Kuechly.

Could be. We know Gronk is a beast. I dont think LK can shut him down. Its LKs boys up front who can get after brady and make LKs job easier. LK does have 10 other guys on the field with him and its not out the realm for them to double gronk and make Brady go eslewhere. Brady has forced balls to Gronk this year. You do the math. Im always optimistic for a win, but cmon guys. Erase that Steelers image of us beating up on an old Troy and look at all the nice young talent on D with Charles Godfrey in the back end. This team traded Jon Beason because LK was tearing it up. Beason is an ALL PRO Backer. Thats saying something.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Gronks Career Stats vs Ravens

1st game - 1 catch for 24 yards

2nd game - 5 catches for 87 yards

3rd game - 2 catches for 21 yards

Sounds like one good game out of 3. Im sure he had an impact in the run game...when we ran the ball.

Well, he has SOME kind of effect.

NE scores something like 8 ppg against the Ravens in two games w'out him, and 26 ppg with him. 

They are 2-1 with him out there (the one loss being the 30-31 heartbreaker) and 0-2 w'out Gronk playing. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Wager for what? I never gave a prediction. I said I always believe the pats will win but I also respect every opponent because its the NFL. This aint about me wanting to bet against the team I root for. Thats silly. Its about YOU not knowing football and personell. Why are you bringing up what Lafell did as a rookie? Since Vareen didnt play as a rookie does it mean he is inferior to all the backs he is compared too?

Lafell is not a BUST. He wasnt a 1st round pic and is a starter, so how is he a bust? He is playing on a team that has paid 2 , not 1 but 2 running backs to huge deals that BB wouldnt give to ONE guy so yea I would think the Wideouts numbers would be low when you have 2 dynamic backs and a running QB behind center. Context rusty! If Lafell is a bust than what is Tavon Wilson???  lol

Just get drunk and enjoy the game. You arent exactly the one to be offering bets seeing as you never follow through cuz you are a coward, slimeball scum who has no leg to stand on. Do I want to bet??!!! LMAO!  You still havent left the board after Rkarp buried you

RKrap lost the bet he and I had. Confirmed by every objective observer here. Fact.

RKrap is the one who welched on the bet, not me.  The paramaters were very clear. He lost. The slimeball scum you are referring to is RKrap.    

AvvyBoston and othes have recently re-confirmed I won that bet. This is not a debate. It's  reminder I won the bet and he lost, with him not following the rules we agreed to.  PEriod.

Yes, would you like to bet? You can even pick the parameters if you want.  Let's see what kind of stones you have Shizzles. You claim to be so tough, live in the inner city and be in gangs, so we'll see how honorable you'll be here after mouthing off.

Are you still crying about a bet in Febraury where one person claimed that the Jets were in cap hell and would not be able to sign their own draft picks and the other claimed that the Jets would be 20-30 mil under the cap?  What is wrong with you?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportswizard1. Show Sportswizard1's posts

Luke was a great BC player and he has a good career ahead of him, however Monday night is a Gronk night!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbetourne. Show rbetourne's posts

When did Davis go down w/a concussion?  Vernon Davis is a great tight end--no doubt---but he does not play the power game that Gronk does.  In no way is that an insult to Davis--he is awesome and I would love him on our team.  But he is more comparable to Hernandez than to Gronk.  There are not many LB's that can knock Gronk (a healthy Gronk) off his routes---nor are that many that can combat his size/wingspan.  I love Kuechly too---again I wish we had him--but I don't see him stopping Gronk--especially in the red zone.  And even if he gets that assignment----like a poster said before, that opens up the running game.  Vereen is back and so is the screen game which should combat an overaggressive DL.  Should be a great game---a statement game for both teams.  If we have no turnovers--I expect the Pats win by 7-10.  One to two turnovers and they have none---we lose.  One/two and they have one/two  Pats by 3-6.  The Panthers have not played an offense like ours---our defense has played against mobile QB's (Miami, Pitt, NYJ, Bills)--so, it will be interesting.  This will be a true test of our offense---I expect no huddle--a lot.  Short passes, play actions--and Dobson will get free at least once/twice.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Another thread cropped up.   Panthers fans clueless as per usual, now calling the Pats "overrated".  Yep, you read that correctly.  

http://boards.panthers.com/threads/808-Patriots-overrated

For a guy who calls nearly every player on any team not the Patriots overrated, you sure are sensative to that term.  Perhaps those Panthers fans are questioning the fact that the Pats beat the Bills, the Jets and the Saints by a combined 8 points and gave up 31 to a bad Steelers team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

These idiots keep saying "with Wilfork and Mayo out".   They've been out for months!

http://boards.panthers.com/threads/801-panthers-Patriots

Talk about trying to convince yourself.

Months, with an S at the end, typically refs to 2 or more months.  Neither Mayo nor Wilfork have been out for 2 months.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

Another thread cropped up.   Panthers fans clueless as per usual, now calling the Pats "overrated".  Yep, you read that correctly.  

For a guy who calls nearly every player on any team not the Patriots overrated, you sure are sensative to that term.  Perhaps those Panthers fans are questioning the fact that the Pats beat the Bills, the Jets and the Saints by a combined 8 points and gave up 31 to a bad Steelers team.

The Colts gave up 38 to the Rams. Your team gave up 35 to the Bungles.

Neither have anything to do with Carolina fans saying that the Pats are overrated.  Please take your ADD meds and try to stay on topic.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

These idiots keep saying "with Wilfork and Mayo out".   They've been out for months!

Months, with an S at the end, typically refs to 2 or more months.  Neither Mayo nor Wilfork have been out for 2 months.

Wilfork has been out for 2 months.  Since Week 4 in Atlanta on national tv.  Mayo out for a month, if not 5 weeks now.

So, yes, Wilfork has been out since late Sept, which is basically 2 months.  

They have been IRd for MANY, MANY WEEKS, which add up to months.  Yes.

Done. IRd. Old news.  Their fans keep mentioning each player as if they just got hurt last week.  Get it, dummy?

The fact those idiots keep babbling about Mayo and Wilfork not playing while NE has 1 loss in the last 5 games without them, means they're morons not knowing the team is winning without those players.

6 games without Vince. 3.5 games without Mayo.

This is like me saying SD's Dwight Freeney is not playing.   He hasn't been playing for weeks or now months!

Is it that difficult, Bustchise?

Hmmm.  I think that you are struggling a bit with how calendars and perhaps time in general work.  Today is November 14th.  Two months ago was September 14th.  Wilfork played on September 29th.  That is not two months.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Wilfork has been out for 2 months.  Since Week 4 in Atlanta on national tv.  Mayo out for a month, if not 5 weeks now.

Done. IRd. Old news.  Their fans keep mentioning each player as if they just got hurt last week.  Get it, dummy?

The fact those idiots keep babbling about Mayo and Wilfork not playing while NE has 1 loss in the last 5 games without them, means they're morons not knowing the team is winning without those players.

This is like me saying SD's Dwight Freeney is not playing.   He hasn't been playing for weeks or now months!

And by the way, this kind of post is why you mocked here by Pats and other fans alike.  When shown an obvious error of your  statement, like saying Sept 30th to November 14th is two months, you don't recant, you double down.  It's just incredibly immature.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

And by the way, this kind of post is why you mocked here by Pats and other fans alike.  When shown an obvious error of your  statement, like saying Sept 30th to November 14th is two months, you don't recant, you double down.  It's just incredibly immature.

Actually, no one cares about the specifics. No one is on trial here.  What people care about is the premise or point or the logic.

Wilfork and Mayo have not been tied to NE's games for weeks. Weeks. Weeks that have added up to a month, almost two for Wilfork.

Wilfork wasn't even healthy at the start of the year.   By the way, this is why you're a moron as are Carolina fans like the rubes in those threads.

Chris Jones has 5 sacks, most of any DL rookie and these idiots in Carolina don't know about it. That's called not doing your homework as an opposing fan, moron Bustchise.  They're talking like they don't know our team, which means they're uneducated fans, which is what I said.

The last time I saw an NFC fan from a weak fanbase in here (NOs), I slapped the crap out of him all week and he never returned like he said. LOL

The other fact is, if NE is overrated so is Carolina. NE has played better front 7s like Cincy or NOs.

Carolina has yet to play NOs yet. Carolina got by with an injured Vernon Davis and a fading Kaeperenick. Nice win, but we ain't SF.  

And, finally, we all know with Gronk, maybe a Talib and a Vareen all on the field, this makes NE quite easily one of the BEST TEAMS in the AFC right now.  So, the word "overrated" is preposterous.

Unhealthy, lacking health and maybe getting by in some lower scoring games, sure. 

They should be crapping their pants with Gronk and knowing Talib can lock down old man Steve Smith, isolationg Cam Newton's passing options.

THAT is what they should be concerned with. Oh yeah, and the fact NE's QB is some guy named Brady with the team coming off a BYe.

Leave it to you to nitpick on the specific weeks two IRd players on defense have been out, moron.

nobody cares about specifics?  That's intersting.  I'll be sure to remind you of that in a few minutes when you try to make a big deal about someone being wrong about some specifics that you suddenly feel is very important.  

Wait, weren't you the guy that was making a big deal about the specifics of how far under the cap the Jets would be last February?  Was it 20 mil or 30 mil?  Ahhhh, whatever.  nobody cares about the specifics.... except you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Actually, no one cares about the specifics. No one is on trial here.  What people care about is the premise or point or the logic.

Wilfork and Mayo have not been tied to NE's games for weeks. Weeks. Weeks that have added up to a month, almost two for Wilfork.

Wilfork wasn't even healthy at the start of the year.   By the way, this is why you're a moron as are Carolina fans like the rubes in those threads.

Chris Jones has 5 sacks, most of any DL rookie and these idiots in Carolina don't know about it. That's called not doing your homework as an opposing fan, moron Bustchise.  They're talking like they don't know our team, which means they're uneducated fans, which is what I said.

The last time I saw an NFC fan from a weak fanbase in here (NOs), I slapped the crap out of him all week and he never returned like he said. LOL

The other fact is, if NE is overrated so is Carolina. NE has played better front 7s like Cincy or NOs.

Carolina has yet to play NOs yet. Carolina got by with an injured Vernon Davis and a fading Kaeperenick. Nice win, but we ain't SF.  

And, finally, we all know with Gronk, maybe a Talib and a Vareen all on the field, this makes NE quite easily one of the BEST TEAMS in the AFC right now.  So, the word "overrated" is preposterous.

Unhealthy, lacking health and maybe getting by in some lower scoring games, sure. 

They should be crapping their pants with Gronk and knowing Talib can lock down old man Steve Smith, isolationg Cam Newton's passing options.

THAT is what they should be concerned with. Oh yeah, and the fact NE's QB is some guy named Brady with the team coming off a BYe.

Leave it to you to nitpick on the specific weeks two IRd players on defense have been out, moron.

By the way, you calling September 30th to November 14th two months, then saying it again, then again isn't really about specifics.  It's about a basic understanding of time.  Apparently, you lack that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

nobody cares about specifics?  That's intersting.  I'll be sure to remind you of that in a few minutes when you try to make a big deal about someone being wrong about some specifics that you suddenly feel is very important.  

Wait, weren't you the guy that was making a big deal about the specifics of how far under the cap the Jets would be last February?  Was it 20 mil or 30 mil?  Ahhhh, whatever.  nobody cares about the specifics.... except you.

It's not about a word being wrong, it's about YOU being wrong.  Your constant, daily presence here to get a pat on the head from Pats fans means you have a small wee-wee and are VERY insecure as an individual.

The Jets barely got to 22 million under the cap after a few re-dos on some contracts where they have overpaid players running around the field with their .500 team.

.500 and sub .500 quality teams with busts at QB don't win SBs, Bustchise.

I got to be honest here.  I don't really care if the Jets got to 20 or 50 mil under the cap in 2013.  You claimed that they would not be able to sign their draft class and would not be able to sign any FAs.  The fact that they signed FAs prior to making all of their cap saving moves is merely a timing issue.  How long did you spout off about the Jets being in cap hell becasue they were 30 million over the cap?  8 months?  10 months?  You just don't understand the ease at which teams rectify things.  It happens again and again and each time you say this team or that team is in cap hell.  You spent a month yapping about Justin Smith's 10 million dollar cap hit (with zero cap hit when he was cut) because you didn't understand that he was never ever going to see that money. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

It's not about a word being wrong, it's about YOU being wrong.  Your constant, daily presence here to get a pat on the head from Pats fans means you have a small wee-wee and are VERY insecure as an individual.

The Jets barely got to 22 million under the cap after a few re-dos on some contracts where they have overpaid players running around the field with their .500 team.

Cap re-dos like Moving Brady's huge amount of guaranteed money again and again?  That kind of re-do?  I recall when you said that Brady gave back money on his latest re-do.  That was a classic.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If you read that Carolina fan's post (only joined that forum in August with 13 posts to date), probably a band-wagon fan who woke up to see the Panthers have been winning lately.  The replies put this OP in his place indicating the Pats aren't over-rated.  Yes, we have similar stuff going on here, but, then again, the Pats have a history of consistently winning and big games too.  Carolina could melt down Monday night for all we know.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I got to be honest here.  I don't really care if the Jets got to 20 or 50 mil under the cap in 2013.  You claimed that they would not be able to sign their draft class and would not be able to sign any FAs.  The fact that they signed FAs prior to making all of their cap saving moves is merely a timing issue.  How long did you spout off about the Jets being in cap hell becasue they were 30 million over the cap?  8 months?  10 months?  You just don't understand the ease at which teams rectify things.  It happens again and again and each time you say this team or that team is in cap hell.  You spent a month yapping about Justin Smith's 10 million dollar cap hit (with zero cap hit when he was cut) because you didn't understand that he was never ever going to see that money. 

So it seems you agree that I won the bet!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

When you say double down do you mean lie, deflect and backpedal?  

Tears!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

The Colts gave up 38 to the Rams. Your team gave up 35 to the Bungles.

Neither have anything to do with Carolina fans saying that the Pats are overrated.  Please take your ADD meds and try to stay on topic.

You said the Pats gave up 31 to the Steelers.  The Steelers offense is better than the Rams or Bungles.

It has plenty to do with it. One game doesn't mean anything in any given week in this league.

NE has arguably been the most injured or had the most man games lost of ANY NFL team this year.

Very clearly, the Pats have yet to play their best ball because their health has been a factor all year on both sides of the ball.

To claim that is "overrated" is not only ignorant, but outright stupidity. How is that for staying on topic?

Like I said before, the Panthers fans are wanna be big time fans and a Mickey Mouse fanbase.    They love the attention and want the press clippings, and try to convince themselves they are superior or have games won, which is why they are a .500 or sub.500 team every year like the Jets.

Get it, Bustchise?

Lots of self convincing going on in Charlotte right now.  Lots of it going on.  Press clippings from the 10-9 last week in SF still up on the bulletin board.

I see, so the fact that the Jets gave up a whole lot fewer points to the Steelers than the Pats did means the Jets D is better?  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

So it seems you agree that I won the bet!

What bet?  The one where you said that the Jets were in cap hell and wouldn't be able to sign their draft picks or any FAs?  

Sections
Shortcuts