Early Season Adversity Not Always A Bad Thing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Early Season Adversity Not Always A Bad Thing

I'm not going to sugar-coat the loss yesterday.  I was there, and it was one helluva tough beat on a game we definitally should have won.  Here's the silver lining.  Our division doesn't have anyone who is pulling away.  From here on out, our divisional games will be HUGE, starting this coming weekend vs the Jets.  This NE team can be very, very good.  However, crucial mistakes in crucial situations have cost us 3 wins.  This team is at a serious cross-roads in this season right now.  If they can tighten things up, get it together, and play like they are capable of, then they can go on a nice run and get into the playoffs tougher and more battle-tested than they have been in years past.  If they can't fix the mental mistakes, then we are in for a disappointing season.  With guys like Belichick, Brady, Wilfork, Mayo, etc leading this team, I still like our chances.  We're 3-3, not 0-6.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: Early Season Adversity Not Always A Bad Thing

Look at Green Bay's Super Bowl season. They lost 3 of the first 6 to some questionable teams. Hopefully this game was a kick in the pants for NE. Time to learn that you have to do more than just show up to the stadium.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

The problem is I see us shooting ourselves in the foot over and over with no sign that it's going to stop. 6 turnovers in 3 games, terrible clock management, bad play calling it's never ending.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Look at Green Bay's Super Bowl season. They lost 3 of the first 6 to some questionable teams. Hopefully this game was a kick in the pants for NE. Time to learn that you have to do more than just show up to the stadium.

[/QUOTE]

It depends. My question is: are they (meaning both the players and coaches) learning from their early mistakes? And the answer is a mixed bag.

Is the secondary making what appears to be the same kinds of mistakes since game 1? It can be argued that they have been making the same mistakes for years. So, now - is it the players or is it the coaching? If it's the coaching - then it STILL appears that they've been making the same mistakes for years.

McD used a smililar game plan as the one vs. the Cardinals. The outcome?  A mixed bag - but it still ended up in a loss. Welker had a decent performance - but McD got very greedy with the patriots possession at the end of the 3rd quarter/beginning of 4th quarter. Obviously, he has NOT learned from prior mistakes.

The vanilla defense - is what it is - based on averages of what works and doesn't work. BB also coaches situational football - but, as of late - the team is failing in the same situations and circumstances (offensvively and defensively).  This has been going on for years.

I am wondering if the coaches are learning from their mistakes.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not going to sugar-coat the loss yesterday.  I was there, and it was one helluva tough beat on a game we definitally should have won.  Here's the silver lining.  Our division doesn't have anyone who is pulling away.  From here on out, our divisional games will be HUGE, starting this coming weekend vs the Jets.  This NE team can be very, very good.  However, crucial mistakes in crucial situations have cost us 3 wins.  This team is at a serious cross-roads in this season right now.  If they can tighten things up, get it together, and play like they are capable of, then they can go on a nice run and get into the playoffs tougher and more battle-tested than they have been in years past.  If they can't fix the mental mistakes, then we are in for a disappointing season.  With guys like Belichick, Brady, Wilfork, Mayo, etc leading this team, I still like our chances.  We're 3-3, not 0-6.

[/QUOTE]Couldn't have said it better.Young defence needs games like that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The problem is I see us shooting ourselves in the foot over and over with no sign that it's going to stop. 6 turnovers in 3 games, terrible clock management, bad play calling it's never ending.

[/QUOTE]

Well, if our best player can't be our best player, you're right. It might not stop.  It's really up to Brady and the coaches to sit down and figure out how they need to run this offense the best way.

Yesterday's example is not it.

[/QUOTE]

Don't use my post to enable your Brady bash. The Red Zone debacles had as much to do with terrible play calling as Brady's mistakes.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

bad clock management...........been an ongoing issue......I don't care if they stuff the run 1st and 2nd down in 4Qt. You are using valuable time up. If you are up 13 in the 4th. we shouldn't be seeing spread shotgun ..nobody in backfield ...formations.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Rusty's premise is great.  When we run the ball a lot if it is because McDaniels is "reining Brady in", but when we pass it a lot it's because Brady completely overrules the coaching staff and runs the offense as he sees fit for an entire game because he cares more about his stats than winning.  You just can't make this stuff up.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to patsfan76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

a 5 y/o could tell you that our secondary blows so what does education have to do with discussion unles you went to school to learn football??  Maybe you went to the same school J.Boyer did...

Keep trying dorky. Dont assume what the relationship is between 2 people YOU dont know. Only assumption you can make is that B.B. is a control freak. Another observation a 5 y/o could make. How was your intervention???

How long are you gonna try to explain away our top rated offense and our worst rated defense translating to Brady squandering games away? I guess in your book a successful defense is defined by never leaving the field eh?  Well, its nice to be on t.v. but the key for a defense is actually to spend as less time possible on the field and give our offense time to work. You with me Dorky?

[/QUOTE]

So if we're 1 for 6 in the Red Zone we should go to the refs and say 'we have a top rated offense' and hope that they'll give us a few points for having such a nice stat?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to patsfan76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

a 5 y/o could tell you that our secondary blows so what does education have to do with discussion unles you went to school to learn football??  Maybe you went to the same school J.Boyer did...

Keep trying dorky. Dont assume what the relationship is between 2 people YOU dont know. Only assumption you can make is that B.B. is a control freak. Another observation a 5 y/o could make. How was your intervention???

How long are you gonna try to explain away our top rated offense and our worst rated defense translating to Brady squandering games away? I guess in your book a successful defense is defined by never leaving the field eh?  Well, its nice to be on t.v. but the key for a defense is actually to spend as less time possible on the field and give our offense time to work. You with me Dorky?

[/QUOTE]

Again, I am sure everyone who has an IQ over 100 is a dork to you.   Very entertaining, Corky.  Please pay your taxes even on your unemployment checks, please.

How long are you going to be so in love with Tom Brady and the Tom Brady 1000 Brady blow up doll to the point you can't see literally a dozen+ GIFT wins for the opponent, whether 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011 or yesterday, are gift wins with it ROOTED in the failures of the offense?

You probably blamed the D in the playoff game in Denver in 2005, too.

You lack intelligence so you pick to see what is easy to see which is Tavon Wilson and Nate Ebner on the field as rookies for the first time not doing a god job. That's what people who lack intelligence do. They have no ability to use critical thinking skills because they didn't read books as kids, go to college nor do they surround themselves with intelligent friends.  It's highlarious that you think you can talk down to me when we know your backstory.  Oh that meanie, Bill Belichick and his D! He's a meanie and doesn't know what he's doing because Tony Mazz told me so! lol

You're the CIA decoys in Spies Like Us. Picked to be a decoy, because you just aren't very bright.

[/QUOTE]

Your so awesome Rusty with your....Look at me I am smarter than everyone, I think I know about football... ME ME ME.

Oh by the way how was that finesse defense seattle has... but after the game they are a very good Defense.  You just talk yourself in circles and never admit when your wrong.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rusty's premise is great.  When we run the ball a lot if it is because McDaniels is "reining Brady in", but when we pass it a lot it's because Brady completely overrules the coaching staff and runs the offense as he sees fit for an entire game because he cares more about his stats than winning.  You just can't make this stuff up.

[/QUOTE]

BINGO!

It's an ongoing war of minds with Brady winning sometimes and McD others. LMAO

Or it could just be as BB has stated. When we are running like crap we just won't run it that much.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

The ENTIRE team blew that game from the head coach down! 

Sections
Shortcuts