Early thoughts on AFCC Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Early thoughts on AFCC Game

I can't say that I'm tremendously impressed with either team that played today. Going off that, I don't know that either of them would come to The Razor and win next week. But matchups can do funny things, so we won't know for sure what we've got til the game is underway. My early pick is New England 27, Baltimore 23. Ed Reed went down with a possible injury, jury is still out on that. Protecting Brady is the obvious key. Keep him upright, and I think the Patriots win easy--but that's a challenge with Baltimore's veterans on defense. Joe Flacco is not Tim Tebow, but the Texans are not the Patriots either--so what do we know so far about next week's matchup? Can the Patriots defense pressure Flacco the way they did Tebow? Is the defensive rennasiance for real, or were we somewhat fooled by the weakness of the Broncos offense? I'm hoping the improvement came out of the fact that most of the D is actually healthy for the first time. Discuss......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Early thoughts on AFCC Game

Patriots 34 Ravens 14

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

1. If the line blocks, Brady will shred that secondary. Yates made them look better than they are

2. LB's need ot stay on their assignments. I expect a decent amount of screens to Ray rice.

3. Flacco is Mark Sanchez in a Ravens uniform. Make him beat you.

4. Turnovers. See that Jacoby Jones play? Don't do that. Don't necessarily need to win the turnover battle. but anything worse than -2 will spell serious trouble, for either team

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

A lot of folks also thought the Denver game could have been closer given how the Broncos O put up 29 on the Steelers.  The Ravens O did not do much at all today while the Texans gave it away.  Name an outstanding play the Ravens D did today that was not the result of a bad Texans play?  I see a two score+ win next week, but, they still have to play the game!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

So many positive waves! I like it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

I think the Pats come up with another win next week and NE moves on. Brady plays well and TEs tear it up

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Pats Oline must protect Brady the way they did against Denver. They have struggled in big games over the last few years especially against physical teams that hit them in the mouth. If the Oline holds Pats win by 10. No way Herman Munster Flaco can beat them without Pats beating themselves

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Patriots 35-13 but I wouldn't be shocked if it ends up 45 -13

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Don't turn the ball over + protect Brady + contain Ray Rice= nothing fewer than a 17 point win. Pats win 34-17

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Pats will win

I wouldn't be surprised at 41-17

But I also wouldn't be surprised at 27-23

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

The Patriots as constituted with their players rested and healthy are a different team than we saw mid season. Spikes is back in form and he had a great game last night. Pats over 30 points for sure. I'd say 38-24 Pats

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

hope vollmer will be back next week to get our entire O-lin healthy and be able to hold off ngata/lewis from getting close to brady.  I think Our WR/TE's should be able to shred the Baltimore D if brady is given some time in the pocket.  It all comes down to our O-line performance.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

if we keep TB on his feet  and get a good running game  going i like our chances

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from knoxvillepat. Show knoxvillepat's posts

I feel more confident in beating the Ravens in the AFC Championship game, than I did in them beating Denver and I was 99 % sure of that win. The Ravens will talk about having beaten NE 2 years ago, but this is not the same Patriot team. Gronk, Hernandez, Spikes, etc. And if Ed Harris is hurt and can't play, Ravens will be in for long day. Ravens offense was awful today and the Texans showed if you take Ray Rice out of the game, Flacco can't beat you. Take the Texans mistakes away and they win. Brady is not TJ Yates and will not throw into double + triple coverage. No huddle all day and Ravens vets will be taking a knee similar to Denvers Defense did to try and slow down the Patriots offense. Well didn't work well for them and it won't for Ravens. Go Pats

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

John Harbaugh just predicted victory for his team during his post game locker room pep talk. Looked right at the camera, referenced the Patriots and said it. Very cheeky, I don't know that he can pull it off.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Key will be if Pats can protect Brady. The only way Pats have been stopped is by team's getting to him and preventing the high scoring.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

Pats 24 purple birds 9

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

They barely beat a Texan team with a 3rd string QB. Stop Rice you stop the Ravens. Flacco has some good games vs us ,but all have been when he was spotted an early lead. This team is far superior on the offensive side of the ball than the team that the crows beat a couple of years ago. Two years ago we couldn't go over the middle nor get 2-3 on the ground. This year we do both well and balless looks old the last half of the year. 
     Our D has finally had a few weeks of position stability,no injuries and is coming together quickly. This squad has finally gotten to play with the same players  every week and it shows. Now players, know who they're lined up with,their roles have stabilized and they can work on those roles and they can pre play adjust and line up more effectively allowing more audibles and check offs. When you play a different position or role every week it takes from the finer points of your preparation as a player and as a unit. Our defense is as physical and aggressive as I thought it would be before our unbelievable string of injuries. We will handle the crows limited offense.
    Both these factors equal a 34- 9 thumping of the vermin.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Early thoughts on AFCC Game:
    [QUOTE]John Harbaugh just predicted victory for his team during his post game locker room pep talk. Looked right at the camera, referenced the Patriots and said it. Very cheeky, I don't know that he can pull it off.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    The coach HAS TO HAVE confidence in their team.  Ryan sez the same thing all the time and look what that got the Jets.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoisesBiggestPatsFan. Show BoisesBiggestPatsFan's posts

My wife says early thoughts are 37-9 Pats. I think 34-16. (Pats give up 1 TD and 3 FG's)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Early thoughts on AFCC Game:
    [QUOTE]I can't say that I'm tremendously impressed with either team that played today. Going off that, I don't know that either of them would come to The Razor and win next week. But matchups can do funny things, so we won't know for sure what we've got til the game is underway. My early pick is New England 27, Baltimore 23. Ed Reed went down with a possible injury, jury is still out on that. Protecting Brady is the obvious key. Keep him upright, and I think the Patriots win easy--but that's a challenge with Baltimore's veterans on defense. Joe Flacco is not Tim Tebow, but the Texans are not the Patriots either--so what do we know so far about next week's matchup? Can the Patriots defense pressure Flacco the way they did Tebow? Is the defensive rennasiance for real, or were we somewhat fooled by the weakness of the Broncos offense? I'm hoping the improvement came out of the fact that most of the D is actually healthy for the first time. Discuss......
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Flacco barely breached 50% completion percentage today.  If not for the T.J. Yates interception and Jacoby Jones punt return fumble in the first quarter, Flacco doesn't do anything.  The only way he threw for touchdowns was with a short field.  He completed a couple nice fade routes.

The big secret - their pass game runs through Ed Dickson and Greg Pitta.  Boldin is a big receiver and a good technician.  Lee Evans and Torrey Smith are both fast.  But Flacco leans on Ray Rice and his tight ends so hard in the passing game that I don't think he can be decisive if you take them away from him.

Also Flacco is very fumble prone.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Good analysis.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

"They've beat us 1 time in all the times I've played them. They talk a lot for beating us once in 9 years." Tom Brady on the Ravens, 10/18/10

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

the ravens did not impress me   they had trouble scoring  if we can keep tom from getting hammered  theres no way that the ravens can match us score fo score the stars are possibly aligning for  a pats giants rematch wich would be awesome

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mo-42. Show mo-42's posts

You guys have consumed too much of the Kool Aid.  The NFL is all about matchups and the Ravens are a tough out for the Pats.  Close game that could go either way.  Pats 27 - 24