Early thoughts on AFCC Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Early thoughts on AFCC Game

In Response to Early thoughts on AFCC Game:
    [QUOTE]I can't say that I'm tremendously impressed with either team that played today. Going off that, I don't know that either of them would come to The Razor and win next week. But matchups can do funny things, so we won't know for sure what we've got til the game is underway. My early pick is New England 27, Baltimore 23. Ed Reed went down with a possible injury, jury is still out on that. Protecting Brady is the obvious key. Keep him upright, and I think the Patriots win easy--but that's a challenge with Baltimore's veterans on defense. Joe Flacco is not Tim Tebow, but the Texans are not the Patriots either--so what do we know so far about next week's matchup? Can the Patriots defense pressure Flacco the way they did Tebow? Is the defensive rennasiance for real, or were we somewhat fooled by the weakness of the Broncos offense? I'm hoping the improvement came out of the fact that most of the D is actually healthy for the first time. Discuss......
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

1.) Protect Tom Brady;

2.) No break-away Ray Rice runs, or big plays on swing passes or screens;

3.) No turnovers. 

If the Pats do these three things, they win. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I was not impressed with the product today.  34-17.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

We have a lot of things going for us in this matchup.

We have the revenge factor. The Ratbirds have ben mediocre on the road. Last playoff loss we were thrown for a loop with the sudden injury to Welker. Flacco is having an off year. Brady will gas these old buzzards with the no huddle.

I think we win if Brady gets protection - by 10 or so.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

As others have said, keep Brady upright, avoid turnovers and get decent play from D and the Pats win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

All year our team has been through a trial by fire, with everyone throwing all they have against us.  Now the product on the field has been tested and we KNOW what it is.  It is better than what I have seen from the Ravens for the last few games.  I think it will pretty much go like Denver did, maybe not as much of a rout, but still, we score early and pull away throughout.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Well, I can break this down a lot of ways but the easiest is this...........If the Pats can bring that intensity on defense again there's absolutely no chance the Ravens win this game.

Hold Rice down and beat on Boldin at the line so he never get's a free release and this could be a game that has Lewis and Reed seriously considering retirement!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

I am not buying the hype.

If the Pats come out with the same intensity as they did Saturday night, they will win by 20+ over the Ravens.  They are playing at home, Flacco is regressing, the Ravens defense is old and overrated, and the Pats D seems to be coming together.

60 minutes is a long game for the Ravens to compete at a high level....

Aint going to happen.

31-10, Pats.