Earning Home Field Advantage For Super Bowl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Earning Home Field Advantage For Super Bowl

With the Giants winning the Super Bowl after a 9 win regular season, and the decision to play a Super Bowl in New York in two years, maybe it's time to allow the team with the better regular season record to host the Super Bowl. Playing a Super Bowl in New York eliminates the old adage that.... you have to play the Super Bowl in an indoor stadium or a warm weather city. So why not reward the team with the better regular season record?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: Earning Home Field Advantage For Super Bowl

I think it'd be good to see a SB played in cold weather in the elements....like a snow bowl....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Bubba, I was just putting it out there to see what others thought. I remeber watching the Steelers defeat the Vikings at Tulane Stadium, in Super Bowl 9, and the Temperature was 46 degrees. Dallas beat Miami 24-3 in Super Bowl 6, and the temperature at kickoff time was 39 degrees (The coldest kickoff Temp. in Super Bowl History) I'm like you, would love to see a 'Snow Bowl'!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'd like to see the SB hosted in the city of the previous years SB winner. Kind of like a bonus, if you win the SB next year you host it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Nah, I would have to disagree with the best record gets HFA for SB as well.  I like the way it's set up now, by grabbing Home Field with the best Conference Record.  Also, you can look at the teams 'conference' record to break ties and so on...

Taking it a step further....

what happens IF the Steelers and say Packers got a 12-4 (perhaps even a 3rd team as well) record and these are the best records for the year and they didnt' play each other in reg season - who would get Home Field?  how would have a fair tiebreaker?  I don't think this would work. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Noise...Good point, didn't think of that...thanks for the good post

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Earning Home Field Advantage For Super Bowl:
    [QUOTE] With the Giants winning the Super Bowl after a 9 win regular season, and the decision to play a Super Bowl in New York in two years, maybe it's time to allow the team with the better regular season record to host the Super Bowl. Playing a Super Bowl in New York eliminates the old adage that.... you have to play the Super Bowl in an indoor stadium or a warm weather city. So why not reward the team with the better regular season record?  
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]
    I was thinking the same think, Steel.  Here in Maryland, it was in the high 40's and sunny on Sunday.. perfect for a football game in the open air of an outdoor stadium.  That would be the TRUE test of a team to play in the elements!  Like the old days!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Never happen.  There's too much money involved.  Too much planning that needs to occur.  Just think about the number of hotel rooms that need to be reserved, traffic at airports, etc.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In Response to Re: Earning Home Field Advantage For Super Bowl:
    [QUOTE]Never happen.  There's too much money involved.  Too much planning that needs to occur.  Just think about the number of hotel rooms that need to be reserved, traffic at airports, etc.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Yep. All the stupid pre game halftime shows etc..They aren't going to risk snow or rain every year. Not going to happen on top of hotels etc...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In Response to Earning Home Field Advantage For Super Bowl:
    [QUOTE] With the Giants winning the Super Bowl after a 9 win regular season, and the decision to play a Super Bowl in New York in two years, maybe it's time to allow the team with the better regular season record to host the Super Bowl. Playing a Super Bowl in New York eliminates the old adage that.... you have to play the Super Bowl in an indoor stadium or a warm weather city. So why not reward the team with the better regular season record?  
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

Anywhere but Indy, that town is barely on the map.  Im suprised the stadium was full.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Just a thought.

Wonder if John Henry has a nice stadium accross the Pond. Maybe a nuetral site in our mother country of Britain. A nice jesture by the former colonies !!

LOL !#$%$%^&*()(_*)(&*%&^$%$#@#$^%*^&)*(_

Hetchinspete. 

Sections
Shortcuts