Earthquake

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

Re: Earthquake

It was a minor shaking, but quite a few pople noticed it in my office (Boston). We sit on the 17th floor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Oh my gosh everyone in NY is flipping out about it like it's the biggest thing ever.  Who cares.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

never having been through one, and upstairs in an office building, it was pretty intense.

northern Va has emptied onto the highways, lol

co-worker was at home 5 miles from the epicenter; shook her up pretty badly

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

did rex ryan fall down?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

In Response to Re: Earthquake:
    Oh my gosh everyone in NY is flipping out about it like it's the biggest thing ever.  Who cares.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

It may seem uneventful to some, but if you're in a high rise, a tunnel or on a bridge it's nothing to laugh at. Unfortunately, for me, I utilize all three.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I live here in Maryland...   started with the house shaking, thinking a huge truck was going by the house at the time, then for about 15 seconds the whole house shook, few things fell off some shelves.  No damage.  I can no longer say I am an earthquake virgin!  It was something for those 15 seconds seeing the house walls shake and feeling the floor actually moving up and down!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

I am here in DC and was on the 6th floor of my building when it hit. I'm not used to it either. Building was jumping up and down.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I'm on the 30th floor in Boston, we felt it. Wasn't bad, but could definitly feel the desk shaking.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

No reports of damage. No reports of injuries, yet the news channels keep blathering about this relative non story. I'd rather hear about what's happening in Tripoli right now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Does anyone know if this Earthquake was in Sensurround?
    I didn't feel it so maybe it should have been.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

I'm on the 15th floor of my office building in New Haven and was on the phone when it happened.  At first I thought I was just dizzy or something but then I could literally feel the building swaying.  It was pretty intense and a lot of people looked pretty scared.  They evacuated the entire downtown area for about an hour.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Coincidentally, Albert Haynesworth started practicing in pads again.

I wonder why the Redskins camp was so shaken by this news?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Earthquake : It may seem uneventful to some, but if you're in a high rise, a tunnel or on a bridge it's nothing to laugh at. Unfortunately, for me, I utilize all three.
    Posted by paob

ZOMG you work in the big dig tunnel.. err underground bridge.... err soon to be above ground hamster tunnel high rise for cars?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

was trying to see an update on the conflict in libya but the self-obsesesed east coast media will only talk about the earthquake that didnt cause any damage- wt.f smh lmao

(they wouldnt let me write w t f

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

BTW what's with all the earthquakes lately?

Colorado, Japan (they just had another recent one), and now the east coast?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Here in Hartford a number of high rise employers felt it.  I'm on ground level and did not.

My son and his wife (Norfolk, VA) felt it but not to an alarming degree.

Been through one in LA a number of years ago.  6.6 on the R scale.  Pretty nasty actually.  All things considered, just as soon not do it again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

No reports of damage. No reports of injuries, yet the news channels keep blathering about this relative non story. I'd rather hear about what's happening in Tripoli right now.
    Posted by antibody

The news channels are demagoguing this for all it's worth and it's only a matter of time before the Politicians join in. I'm off news channels for at least 2 days.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I believe two different people with same avatar responding in back to back sequence on this thread, means the world is coming to an end and the Mayans are always correct. Listen to the whiny Felger and Mazz on 98.5 Good grief are they pathetic.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Nah, just minor movement from the oncurring minor N-S poles polarity shifting...  Sure, it'll get a f#ck lot worse like I've stated previously, with more earthquakes occuring ever more & more regularly in places that are earthquake prone, and more occurences of earthquakes in areas that usually only get a tremor once every 100 years previously, hotter summers, colder winters, more & greater droughts, more & greater flooding of regions- blah, blah, blah... 

'Course AzPat said Rush Limbaugh & D!ck Cheney told him seeing more environmental extremes, just like that earthquake, are all figments your imaginations, & probably leftist ploys so some transexual can take the white house in order to pilfer your 401k plans...but I ain't buyin' it. I got a can of string beans, chick peas, and pickled beets, and I'm all ready to wait out the apocalypse, watch the resta you unprepared schm#cks freak out & starve... 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

In Response to Re: Earthquake : ZOMG you work in the big dig tunnel.. err underground bridge.... err soon to be above ground hamster tunnel high rise for cars?
    Posted by PatsEng

Wow, the rat's funny! I wrote utilize, not simultaneously utilized.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

That's what happens.  They can be connected.  There are multiple theories, but the crust is going to shift since it's looser or thinner/less than dense than the core of the earth. I wouldn't read much into it, other than the earth is doing a check up on itself and the crust is settling right now. It's really notihing different than any other stretch of time, or at least as long as we've kept track of these things. I think they said this was the highest in 40 years in Colorado, but we don't even know about the ones before they started keeping track. It's just pathetic listening to the whiny Felger on 98.5 right now. What a dramatic little girl.  Felger is like a circus act.   Instead of the bearded woman, you get the whiny pretty boy radio announce from Wisconsin.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Definately... I mean, I'm an American for god's sakes. #1 Bad things aren't supposed to happen to me. #2 IF some catastrophic environmental world-turning change WAS to occur, I'd just turn on Fox News, and they'd tell me everything was fine.  Then I'd turn it on CNN, who'll say, "Yes, In fact, the world as you know it, is ending."  Finally, bein' a cynical Western pr!ck that knows they each have an agenda, so f' 'em both, I'll just head here & discuss The Pats.  #3 After the power finally goes out for good, and I can't be comforted by Cable or Internet and when I start seein' flood-waters, ice-caps drifting by my door, I'll finally know I have to take action.  #4 This action will be, chummin' up to my neighbors then killing them all, b/c- "Hey what's the point of EVERY-one just havin' enough dry goods & supplies to go 1-at-most-6 months, and then ALL die anyways...?"  It's better that SOME-one makes it, right?  They'll no doubt, agree.  I'll just do this until I come across someone unsuspecting enough who owns some good firepower, and man- the rest'll be pretty much a cake walk. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

We yawn at a 5.8 out here in Cali.

Sections
Shortcuts