Earthquake

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Earthquake

In Response to Re: Earthquake:
    We yawn at a 5.8 out here in Cali.
    Posted by xBruzer77

OK, understand that, would you yawn at an 8.0 like Japan gets?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In Response to Re: Earthquake : OK, understand that, would you yawn at an 8.0 like Japan gets?
    Posted by agcsbill
    Of course not. I was in Loma Prieta in '89, which was a 7.1. Big difference. But we get the little tune-ups all the time and they are more of a curiosity than anything hazardous.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

"No reports of damage. No reports of injuries, yet the news channels keep blathering about this relative non story. I'd rather hear about what's happening in Tripoli right now."

actually, there were some minor injuries in DC.  and all 4 spires on the central Nat'l Cathedral tower were damaged.  including one that snapped and hit the main steps.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Sorry folks, those nerdy engineers turned up the HAARP dial a little too high again.  Won't happen again, nothing to see here, move along...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

"We yawn at a 5.8 out here in Cali."

interesting you say that.  bc the main thought running through my head as i held onto my desk was, "i don't think we have earthquake building codes like in Cali."

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

That wasn't an Earthquake that was the return of big Al to the practice field...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

"No reports of damage. No reports of injuries, yet the news channels keep blathering about this relative non story. I'd rather hear about what's happening in Tripoli right now." actually, there were some minor injuries in DC.  and all 4 spires on the central Nat'l Cathedral tower were damaged.  including one that snapped and hit the main steps.
    Posted by fatsam72

I stand corrected. I guess I should panic now.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

There. That makes me feel better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I was in central Virginia, about 50 miles from the epicenter. Was at orientation for school, and the walls started shaking. I've never lived through an earthquake which I can remember, so it was quite the experience. I had no idea what to think, but about 5 seconds in I figured out what was happening. They evacuated the building and the Fire Department came in to check for gas leaks. People outside the building at the time were saying that they saw the walls moving from side to side. Pretty cool.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

glad to have you onboard antibody.

Kent Brockman: Professor, without knowing precisely what the danger is, would you say it's time for our viewers to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside?
    Professor: Yes I would, Kent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

too bad the worst damage was not in the genius room of the gubmint

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

glad to have you onboard antibody. Kent Brockman : Professor, without knowing precisely what the danger is, would you say it's time for our viewers to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside? Professor : Yes I would, Kent.
    Posted by fatsam72

Thanks. Love the Simpsons.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

King, where are you? Felt it here in Raleigh, NC. House was vibrating. Now have the hurricane heading up the coast.

Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in many parts of the world, as well as famines. But this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

I'm here at Fort A.P. Hill, Virginia, getting in some good Army training.  The epicenter was about 20 miles away.  It was my first earthquake and I loved every second of it!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

This just in: Fat Rex just guaranteed a Jets Super Bowl victory after the earthquake. 42 years and counting Jets fans!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Oh my gosh everyone in NY is flipping out about it like it's the biggest thing ever.  Who cares.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

I thought it was the weed I smoked a couple nights ago... but it was in fact for real.  Good for me - felt nice, too :-P

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

about 40 miles from epicenter, house shook for awhile no damage, just because its so rare that people are all discombobulated from it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Bottom of PA here, it shook the building pretty good.  I went through a few in California in the early 80s, it was not as bad as Coalinga but still unpleasant.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Maaaan, I am RIGHT here in North Central Ct..  Guys in NYC felt it, someone was sayin' right on here, that there was some shaking in Hartford, and same with several posters feeling tremours in Boston...  What does my town have an earthquake shield around it?  Pssh, you ALL are just playin' with me.  Nice try, game's up (same with you Obama, CNN, and Yahoo...had me for like 1 second, that's it).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Didn't take long for it to move from Colorado (had 5.3 yesterday)to the east coast.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Oh my gosh everyone in NY is flipping out about it like it's the biggest thing ever.  Who cares.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Have you noticed it always "Oh, poor us" all the time? They love to wallow in their self-pity.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

5.9 is nothin'

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

5.9 is nothin'
    Posted by jbolted

When you live in a place where they have not had one since 1944...It is!

We are sorry that all of the earthquakes in CA have not knocked some sense it you!

Sections
Shortcuts