Earthquake

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Earthquake

I live in Vemont and diidn't really feel it.My daughter lives about 35 miles away from the epicenter in Charlottesville and she said the house shook,stuff fell off her shelves and the windows were rattling.It just surprised her because they're so rare here on the East Coast.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Earthquake:
    5.9 is nothin'
    Posted by jbolted

like you lived through some 9.0's.

people on the east coast aren't use to quakes or tornados, have a little more understanding.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in many parts of the world, as well as famines. But this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come.
    Posted by touchdownpats

Did some reading. These earthquakes we've been experiencing over the past few years, especially the big ones every 6 months, i.e. Chile and Japan are due the approaching brown dwarf known as Comet Elenin( so as not to cause worldwide panic) when it is in alignment with the Sun and Earth causing the magnet fileds to pull and tug creating a harnonic imblalace and accelerating the plates.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I wonder if the Pats defensive line finally all practiced together

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I was moving into my apartment down here at school in Norfolk, VA and I didn't feel a thing. I get a call from my aunt wondering if we're all okay and she starts talking about an earthquake and I had no idea. The weird thing was that down the street all of the University office buildings were evacuated because desks were rolling from one side of the room to the other. Pretty crazy for there to be an earthquake in Virginia though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Earthquake : like you lived through some 9.0's. people on the east coast aren't use to quakes or tornados, have a little more understanding.
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Given the west coast earth quake snobs are laughing at this east coast quake, did anyone note that this 5.8 is the highest level quake on record since they started measuring them for the East Coast?  Yes, a 5.8 is enough to shake the martini just right for the west coast crowd and I am certain they'll all be crying if they got something of a record level like the east did from an historical standpoint!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I am about 4 hours South of the epicenter, so it was pretty darn noticeable. Unless Rex Ryan was walking by my office in the hallway, or McCheaters was engaged in a feverish masturbation session, it was probably my first earthquake experience. 5.8 is no joke. It was likely more violent down here than up there as co-workers in NY are saying they felt something, but not much. DETROIT -- Calls from across southeast Michigan are flooding the Local 4 newsroom with reports of people having felt the ground shake just before 2 p.m. A 5.9 magnitude earthquake centered northwest of Richmond , Va. , shook much of Washington , D.C. , and was felt as far north as Rhode Island and New York City . The quake sent hundreds of people spilling into the street a block from the White House, with other buildings evacuated in North Carolina and tremors felt as far away as New York City . The U.S. Geological Survey said the earthquake was 3.7 miles deep. Shaking was felt at the White House and all over the East Coast, as far south as Chapel Hill , N.C. Parts of the Pentagon, White House and Capitol were evacuated. The quake was in Mineral, Va. , in Louisa County . Read: Seismic History Of Michigan
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

I dunno, Rusty, I lived in LA for 6 years where a 5.9 is called a "ripple", LOL. I've experienced a 7.2, which is 130 times more powerful than a 5.9.

But all kidding aside, if you're sitting nearby a 5.9, your couch gets a nice little wiggle in it!

Sections
Shortcuts