Easy Come Easy Go - Salas To Eagles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Easy Come Easy Go - Salas To Eagles

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

Hope it didn't cost Patriots much to have him on practice squad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Easy Come Easy Go - Salas To Eagles

Ce las Vis. BB will find someone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

They gave the Rams a 4th round pick for him I think.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

Hope it didn't cost Patriots much to have him on practice squad.

[/QUOTE]

1 too many times team to ps.

we ddint end up needing the extra o lineman.

salas coulda been somethin'

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Well we got Ballard that way. You roll the dice sometimes it comes up snake eyes.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

For those who don't want to go to the story, here it is...

The Patriots released receiver Greg Salas on Thursday in order to activate offensive lineman Markus Zusevics.

On Friday evening the Eagles announced that they had claimed the second-year receiver off waivers. A league source said that the Jets also put in a claim for Salas, but he was granted to Philadelphia because the Eagles have a worse record (3-7) than New York (4-7).

Salas was drafted by the Rams last year, where he was coached by Josh McDaniels; with McDaniels coming back to New England, the Patriots traded for Salas to reunite coach and player. He was released after the second regular-season game and re-signed to the practice squad, where he remained before being promoted to the 53-man roster before the Colts game.

While he was on practice squad, the Patriots were paying Salas well above the usual rate for practice squad players, which was assumed to be a sign that the team wanted to keep him around.

---------------

This move by BB surprised me.  Wonder if he is second quessing himself after Edelman went down and out with a head injury?  I thought he was going to be a keeper based on uping his salary.  Wonder why BB made this decision.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Patriots released receiver Greg Salas on Thursday in order to activate offensive lineman Markus Zusevics.

On Friday evening the Eagles announced that they had claimed the second-year receiver off waivers. A league source said that the Jets also put in a claim for Salas, but he was granted to Philadelphia because the Eagles have a worse record (3-7) than New York (4-7).

Salas was drafted by the Rams last year, where he was coached by Josh McDaniels; with McDaniels coming back to New England, the Patriots traded for Salas to reunite coach and player. He was released after the second regular-season game and re-signed to the practice squad, where he remained before being promoted to the 53-man roster before the Colts game.

While he was on practice squad, the Patriots were paying Salas well above the usual rate for practice squad players, which was assumed to be a sign that the team wanted to keep him around.

---------------

This move by BB surprised me.  Wonder if he is second quessing himself after Edelman went down and out with a head injury?  I thought he was going to be a keeper based on uping his salary.  Wonder why BB made this decision.

[/QUOTE]

we probably need more o-line that WRs. don't forget Slater can play WR

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

2015 7th rounder

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

---------------

[/QUOTE]

we probably need more o-line that WRs. don't forget Slater can play WR

[/QUOTE]

really. you can put him out there. he is not a wr for all practical purposes...at least fro the patriots

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

---------------

[/QUOTE]

we needed the extra o lneman for the game (vollmer out)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

OL depth (Vollmer didn't go yesterday, so he needed depth for last night's game), apparently. I am sure BB is surprised the Eagles did that, considering Reid and BB's relationship. Then again, Reid is about to be canned and maybe Roseman doesn't care.

Boy rusty, did you watch the game?

Earlier you said Vollmer played in garbage time, a maintenance game.  Not activated!

Now you say Vollmer didn't go and they needed Z for O-line back up.  He was also not activated!

Guess you were too busy trying to find ways to bash TB, to notice. Heh?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MattC05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

2015 7th rounder

[/QUOTE]

You keep interjecting with things that appear to be facts, but they aren't. It says a "late rounder" which means a conditional pick, so it could be a 6th rounder. We don't know.

"In return, New England will ship a late-round 2015 draft pick to St. Louis for Salas, who was a fourth-round pick of the Rams in 2011."

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8326406/new-england-patriots-get-greg-salas-st-louis-rams

[/QUOTE]

And you keep think you're correcting me while citing links that in no way do.

"The Patriots acquired Salas from the Rams for a seventh-round pick in 2015 during roster-cut weekend"

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/blitz/index.php/2012/11/23/greg-salas-claimed-by-eagles/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

Could Gaffney be coming in?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

Bill called reid and asked him to claim salas so the Yets wouldnt get him DUUUHHH!!!! Bill wants him back so he made sure the Yets could not claim him by calling eagles and asking them to do it.

Least thats what I think lol..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

It happens. Coughlin and Belichick have a great relationship and BB decided to pluck up Ballard. I know a certain few here were heralding the move, calling it brilliant at the time.

Now, some of those same people who were pleased with the Ballard move, are now whining about Philly taking Salas. 

It happens. Those who live by the sword....

Yeah, you get the idea.

I have no complaints.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Some people here are real tools...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Did we give up a 4th rounder for him?? If so, then wow, just wow...total waste of a some what valuable pick.

A couple of things...first off it was only a matter of time before we got bit when we do soemthing like this (the whole release, sign to the practice squad, sign them to the roster, release them, sign them to the practice squad, bring em up, then cut em thing). Secondly, I don't think it matters much in the mind of Belichick, if the kid was any good they would of had him playing when Edelman went down earlier this year, they didn't. It means next to nothing that they were paying him a little extra on the practice squad too, they do that all the time with guys they like and it's not like Kraft or the team is hurting for money. I really doubt we were ever going to see him in the line up this year anyway - Philly will cut him at the end of the season after Reid gets canned and he'll be right back here, where we'll sign him, cut him, sign him, then cut him all over again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

OL depth (Vollmer didn't go yesterday, so he needed depth for last night's game), apparently. I am sure BB is surprised the Eagles did that, considering Reid and BB's relationship. Then again, Reid is about to be canned and maybe Roseman doesn't care.

Boy rusty, did you watch the game?

Earlier you said Vollmer played in garbage time, a maintenance game.  Not activated!

Now you say Vollmer didn't go and they needed Z for O-line back up.  He was also not activated!

Guess you were too busy trying to find ways to bash TB, to notice. Heh?

[/QUOTE]

That's right.  It was Zurvecis or whoeevr they activated. I didn't realize  Vollmer was inactive since I was busy you know, on Thanksgiving. Of course I watched the game, albeit in a crowded room with some distractions.

Is this really your first post of the day after that kind of a win? Because I was at a Thanksgiving dinner, didn't know Vollmer was completely deactivated and thought I saw him in there late in the game for Vollmer, this somehow means I (of all people) didn't watch the game.  My mistake that the big white guy subbed in for Cannon was not Vollmer. I don't even know who this Zuvics guy is. 

You're sick. Very, very sick. I know you are in a bad mood because the D was good again and you're angry you can't bash BB all day and all night in here in defense of brady's recent failed postseason displays, but that's your problem.

Funny how you, Babe, TripleOG, Hurlie, etc, have all been VERY quiet today AFTER a game when no one is at work today.

Hmm...Not enough to bash BB with, huh, Pezzy?

[/QUOTE]

I'm sick??? BWAAHHAAA  what a dope.

People don't have to post according to your schedule crusto.  Some have lives unlike yourself who is on here 24-7.

No one is mad the D did ok, that's what some of the rational people here have been waiting for.

It's great to have them pull their weight and not rely on the O to win every game.

Hope they can keep it up but I'm still cautious as you can't live on TO's alone.  When you don't get them, you got problems.  We shall see.   Nice to see some attitude though.

You need to check yours though.  Just admit you fck'd up.  TWICE! Actually Three X's as Salas was a 7th.  That's a  3 & out for you.  Loser.  No offense, but there is no defense for you!  LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

2015 7th rounder

[/QUOTE]

You keep interjecting with things that appear to be facts, but they aren't. It says a "late rounder" which means a conditional pick, so it could be a 6th rounder. We don't know.

"In return, New England will ship a late-round 2015 draft pick to St. Louis for Salas, who was a fourth-round pick of the Rams in 2011."

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8326406/new-england-patriots-get-greg-salas-st-louis-rams

[/QUOTE]

And you keep think you're correcting me while citing links that in no way do.

"The Patriots acquired Salas from the Rams for a seventh-round pick in 2015 during roster-cut weekend"

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/blitz/index.php/2012/11/23/greg-salas-claimed-by-eagles/

[/QUOTE]

That's whyIi asked for your source. So, now, it has been confirmed that it was in fact a 7th rder.

Did you source the highest paid kickers in the league yet? lol

Instead of posting 4 lines and acting like you have some inside knowledge of something, post a source so we can see why you are saying what you're saying. Not hard to do.

That was JUST updated TODAY. So, thank you for posting that. Christ, it's like children in here.

[/QUOTE]

Yes.  I did.  In the post immediately following your post asking for it.

You have twice called me a liar today, twice posted links that in no way showed me to be a liar, and twice I have calmly refuted you.  Yes, I am acting like a petulant child.

25. This post has been removed.